Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Current Affair has confirmed GL was a member of the Melbourne International Shooting Club in Port Melbourne. It's not known if he was armed at the time of his arrest, but he did come out peacefully.

As recently as April, he posted on social media that he’d been camping at Lake Cobbler, which is about 65km from the Wonnangatta Valley. Up until his arrest, his Facebook profile suggests he’d been enjoying trips and family time over the past 20 months.

In July last year he posted photos drinking wine in the city and just before Christmas he posted photos with family at a winery with the words "whether arriving by helicopter or s--tbox Nissan Patrol lunch was awesome".

Fresh insights into man arrested over missing Victoria campers

I wonder if the current Mrs Lynn ever suspected anything, as over the last 20 months or whatever it is, there could not have been one person in Victoria who was not aware of RH and CC's disappearance. I quite understand that even if she did have suspicions, she probably didn't allow herself to think that way. And maybe castigated herself for even having a fleeting suspicion. But now that her husband is charged and imprisoned, I wonder if she is seeing some things differently with the benefit of hindsight.

I wonder if that’s what the argument they are reported to have had before GL left was about, a realisation and a denial.

Good point about the gunshots not being heard. One thing I think it may be is a silencer was used for the gun.

I don't know that no gunshots were heard. Just none have been reported in MSM.

I would think that gunshots in the valley might not be an uncommon thing, with the amount of legal (and illegal) hunting that reportedly happens there.

RSBM

Here's a closeup of the burnt site. It looks like something may be attached to this piece of wood. Could it be part of the antenna?

View attachment 324574
Firstly I dont think it is wood as that would have been burnt in the fire and It does not look like a piece of his antenna to me. I think that is a tent pole of some sort made from steel.

A Current Affair spoke to a man who claims he was working in the valley when GL and CC arrived. He says on March 20 last year — the same day GL was last known to be alive — at about 4.30pm, GL flew his drone from his own campsite along the river. He said the drone hovered over the workers' campsite before continuing to fly over other campsites. He’s since spoken to police about what he saw because he recalls encountering someone who made him feel uneasy who camped near RH’s and CC’s campsite.

The worker said the man asked him for directions to the best camp at the northern end of the valley and that the man ended up camping over the bank from RH’s and CC’s spot, so they could have easily set up their camp without realising the man was there.

Whether that person is Mr Lynn is still unclear.

I assume the GLs should be RHs?

A Current Affair spoke to a man who claims he was working in the valley when GL and CC arrived. He says on March 20 last year — the same day GL was last known to be alive — at about 4.30pm, GL flew his drone from his own campsite along the river. He said the drone hovered over the workers' campsite before continuing to fly over other campsites. He’s since spoken to police about what he saw because he recalls encountering someone who made him feel uneasy who camped near RH’s and CC’s campsite.

The worker said the man asked him for directions to the best camp at the northern end of the valley and that the man ended up camping over the bank from RH’s and CC’s spot, so they could have easily set up their camp without realising the man was there.

Whether that person is Mr Lynn is still unclear.

There are a few spots that you could camp in close to where RH and CC were camped that you would not see the other campers from your site, like near the suspension bridge people have camped before. Also there is another camp along a track to the south but it has no Long drop toilet so if you needed to use it you would probably drive up to where RH and CC were to use the one there. It is not far, but probably too far to walk if you were in need if you get my gist. Possibly explains the white dual cab ute that was seen near the long drop.
The 4.30 time frame for the drone flight fits with my thoughts better, rather than after the end of our radio contact as someone else theorized.

Good point about the gunshots not being heard. One thing I think it may be is a silencer was used for the gun.
Just on the gunshot theory, although I am not an expert in this area by any stretch, I believe that there are many deer shot early morning and towards dusk, that being the case the gunshots may have been disregarded as quite normal at the time they happened if there was any gunshots at all. Just thinking out loud again.
Secondly I have been told that it is not legal to spotlight for deer so any shots heard after dark would be very suspicious.

Last edited:
There are a few spots that you could camp in close to where RH and CC were camped that you would not see the other campers from your site, like near the suspension bridge people have camped before. Also there is another camp along a track to the south but it has no Long drop toilet so if you needed to use it you would probably drive up to where RH and CC were to use the one there. It is not far, but probably too far to walk if you were in need if you get my gist. Possibly explains the white dual cab ute that was seen near the long drop.
The 4.30 time frame for the drone flight fits with my thoughts better, rather than after the end of our radio contact as someone else theorized.

I think we were only theorising that any drone flying might have happened after your radio contact because we were under the impression (I can't recall why, but it was something printed in MSM) that the last radio contact was from Wonnangatta Station.

I am really glad you were able to clear that up for us. Drone flying in the light of the arvo makes more sense to me also.

If he painted it beige or gold because he'd murdered two people, it makes me wonder why the change from white to blue.
Was there a similar reason for that change.

The first change could have been he drove while drunk and hit someone.
Whatever I'm now thinking that there was another reason for the first change from white to blue, a change that wasn't because of rust or fading paint.

Yes, but if circumstances, such as seen with this case were present, perhaps there would have been a “fleeting thought”, putting “two and two” together......at the time

Last edited:
For a silencer to be effective you need to use sub sonic ammunition. If you use standard ammo then as soon as the projectile leaves the end of the silencer there is a loud crack (sonic boom on a small scale) therefore defeating the reason for using a silencer ( I know this from being a bit of a rebel in my youth). I believe it is an offense to even own a silencer let alone use one. Although there are many other things people have that are technically illegal I suppose.

Has anyone heard if the remote control for the drone was recovered or not? If the drone is missing and the remote control for the drone is accounted for then the drone may have been lost by RH, or shot from the sky or lost by some other means. If both the drone and the remote are missing it suggest someone has taken them both in my opinion.

Greg Lynn didn't even attend his first wife's funeral.

'A close friend of hers revealed that her husband did not attend her funeral.
He believes life inside their perfect Mt Macedon home was not all it appeared to be.
It’s understood there were difficulties throughout their marriage.
“Greg’s friends are saying what a nice guy he is, but it is rubbish,” the friend said.
“Greg is very smart and totally self-centred. I attended Lisa’s funeral but Greg did not.”
Not long after Lisa Lynn’s death, the family home was sold and Mr Lynn took up a pilot’s job with Qatar Airways.'

Snipped from No Cookies | Herald Sun

Interestingly, though unconfirmed, people speculating Greg Lynn was seeing a woman in Doha whilst with Qatar and she seemingly 'disappeared'.
He was not welcome at the funeral

I'm wondering if LE were able to pinpoint the location they're in today because of the 3 mobile phones. Maybe they managed to get new technology or something and work out that GL, RH & CC's phones all left Wonnangatta at the same time, and were then tracked down to the area they're in now. If GL was under pressure, he may not have thought to turn off the mobiles.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member