Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...so... we know that the accused drove a Blue Nissan Patrol that was in the area at the right time...

I'd be confident the LE had enough to charge the accused for murder prior to the arrest... that is, without even knowing if they could find any human remains...

We really have no clue as to what the LE know! I think this has been a supremely executed investigation by the Victorian Police so far...I am really intrigued as to what happened... as we all are!

So what "could" the LE know?
1. DNA (matching the accused at the campsite of RH & CC)
2. Fingerprints (matching the accused at the campsite of RH & CC)
3. An admission (by the accused whilst he is under surveillance)
4. Evidence from nearby campers (I think this is strong and the LE just haven't released this type of information).
5. Evidence from family of accused....
6. Triangulation of radar, CCTV and mobile phone data etc... putting him in the area at the right time
7. Strangely leaving the area in the middle of the night

...still, none of the scenarios above shows that there was an intent to kill anyone (except number 4... the admission part)

....accusing and charging a person with murder is about the highest bar in legal terms and requires very strong evidence that shows the the accused had intended to do so..... so...What is it?...I am so intrigued!

I cannot even begin to imagine what senseless situation led GL to murder Carol and Russell.

I think maybe Russell was murdered in rage, and Carol was murdered because Russell was. (Only because it has been stated once or twice that Russell was one to hold his ground if confronted, or words to that effect.)

Really a sick and sad situation.

I wonder if we will ever find out what happened. There is probably only one person who knows (for sure) now, and that's him.

I have a few questions if that is ok.
1. How far from the original campsite were the bodies found?.
2. How far from where Gl was arrested were the bodies found?
3. If RC was forced to use radio for communication at the campsite is it possible the no phone records for GL were obtainable proving he was in the area the bodies have been found?.
4. Did a cadaver dog sniff out the bodies ?
In saying all of the above it is my view that someone who goes to the extreme of burning evidence is not likely to offer any valuable information to Police when they stand to spend the rest of their lives in a jail cell. If the killer is GL I think we are dealing with a SK. A cleanskin could not take out 2 adults and incinerate them and live a lie for the best part of 18 months without experience.

I cannot even begin to imagine what senseless situation led GL to murder Carol and Russell.

I think maybe Russell was murdered in rage, and Carol was murdered because Russell was. Really a sick and sad situation.

I wonder if we will ever find out. There is probably only one person who knows (for sure) what happened, and that's him.

Yes, I agree SouthAussie ... there was probably a trigger there somewhere ...but sooo unnecessary and really sad!

If the LE have the info that I think they probably do, then I would expect we'll get a very good and accurate understanding of what happened...eventually

RSBM
There certainly should be a renewed investigation into GL's first wife's untimely death and the death of his Doha lady.

I haven't seen anything about her death.

I must have missed something - I knew about his first wife’s death, but what’s this about the death of this Doha lady?

Unless I missed something too, nobody knows about the disposition of the Doha lady. She could be alive and well, for all we know. imo

Here is the post that mentions her.
Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

This was posted on the previous thread: Last paragraph only.

Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

3. If RC was forced to use radio for communication at the campsite is it possible the no phone records for GL were obtainable proving he was in the area the bodies have been found?.
In saying all of the above it is my view that someone who goes to the extreme of burning evidence is not likely to offer any valuable information to Police when they stand to spend the rest of their lives in a jail cell. If the killer is GL I think we are dealing with a SK. A cleanskin could not take out 2 adults and incinerate them and live a lie for the best part of 18 months without experience.

whilst waiting for the F1 qualifying here...i'll do my best
1. A fair way.... ...you'll be able to find out from previous posts on WS
2. Less distance than question 1.
3. RH enjoyed using the short wav radio for comms ... as a hobby... my guess its probably not more or less reliable than mobile phones... its possible that there is limited phone data records of the accused in the area though I would expect with all of the LE's knowledge that they'd be able to rule 95% of people out if you know what I mean...
4. Don't know
Finally...not sure about the SK part but the accused is obviously a very intelligent person....though one does start to wonder if they are capable of this, then....

RSBM

I haven't seen anything about her death.

This was posted on the previous thread: Last paragraph only.

Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

Yes, but that last paragraph in the post is about "people speculating" (in other words ... rumour). There is not one thing mentioned in the actual article about Doha or about a woman in Doha, or that a woman in Doha is dead.

All the article speaks of (with regard to his involvement with women) is his first wife (L) and his second wife (M).

But I wasn't referring to the article and that's why I said last para. only.

I agree that the last para. of the post is only speculation, but it refers to the Doha woman as missing, not dead.

ETA: I don't know if you can snip part only of a post from a previous thread.

1. 4 sources, one of which is AAP who fact check, say the campsite was less than 40 kms from where the remains were found.
2. He was arrested 55kms from the burnt campsite but I haven't read the distance from where he was arrested to where the remains were found.
3. I don't know if there's phone coverage in the area where the bodies were found but it was very rugged and remote bushland so perhaps not.
4. A cadaver dog didn't sniff out the bodies.

I agree that Carol was probably murdered because Russell was. If nothing else, she was a witness. Motomike said this:

Yes, I was thinking of what DI Stamper said.

"Mr Stamper said if Mr Hill's interaction with that camper became confrontational, he would have been unlikely to have taken a step back.

'We know that Russell, albeit a very peaceful and law abiding man, he worked in the wilderness in that area. He worked tough jobs so he wasn't someone who would ... take a backward step. So there has been some sort of argument and maybe it's escalated from there,' he said."

Missing camper Russell Hill wouldn't have backed down from a fight | Daily Mail Online

I think maybe Russell was murdered in rage, and Carol was murdered because Russell was. (Only because it has been stated once or twice that Russell was one to hold his ground if confronted, or words to that effect.)

Really a sick and sad situation.

I wonder if we will ever find out what happened. There is probably only one person who knows (for sure) now, and that's him.

Imagine the fear when Carol realised what these two Alfa males’ issues had become irreversible.

Russell and Carol were in the wrong place at the wrong time and if someone else was there it could have been them. Sometimes nut jobs are just looking for trouble and GL may have been out hunting people instead of deers that week to satisfy an urge. We still don’t know what has happened to other missing people out there in the High Country or in other places in GLs travels.

Last edited:
It's odd to me: no yelling, screaming, no gunshots were heard (that I have read). In a regularly used campground. IMO
I wonder, if they've been following him for awhile, if they had tracked his SUV near/at the burial site over the last year. MOO.

It's odd to me: no yelling, screaming, no gunshots were heard (that I have read). In a regularly used campground. IMO
I wonder, if they've been following him for awhile, if they had tracked his SUV near/at the burial site over the last year. MOO.

I have wondered if GL king hit (cowards punch) Russell ... perhaps as Russell was walking away from him.

As Motomike said that Russell wasn't an idiot, he would not escalate a dangerous situation.

And maybe Carol was too shocked to scream, rushed to help Russell, and suffered a similar fate herself.

Yes I've wondered if he has gone back to the burial site, and tried to cover tracks more eg the fire.

Can they tell how old a fire pit is?

Have they officially confirmed that the remains belong to RH and CC?
Hi Alicia….had lunch with 3 retired Kendall Airline Pilots they all thought they knew Lisa and also mentioned that she lived in Mount Macedon…..if so do you know what year it was? Also had a catch up with some Jetstar crew - it would appear that many First Officers would not leave the Flight Deck if they were flying with GL.

Heartbreaking, poor poor Carol and Russell, what happened to them just keeps getting more abhorrent as time goes on. There certainly should be a renewed investigation into GL's first wife's untimely death and the death of his Doha lady. It seems to me that there would have very likely been a shocking reason he resprayed his car from white to blue in the past before RH and CC's murders. (MOO). I currently doubt he sold the trailer, I think he would have dumped it in a dam or lake somewhere. If he sold it, surely the purchaser would have come forward by now - unless they have already and it has not been divulged.
According to Jetstar friends the other day 1 mentioned that the 2nd wife mysteriously fell from a balcony????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader