Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrifying end for Russel and Carol at the hands of a madman (IMO).

I believe we have a VI on the thread - my sincere condolences to you.

When we hike in the backcountry my biggest fear is not wildlife, getting lost, running out of supplies, etc., it's crossing paths with a human who wishes me/us harm.

This is the image that was released:

View attachment 326341

Good luck if you can read the plate number.

Yes but given they can ID the vehicle, even if they had no other CCTV of it, they'd be able to narrow down a list of that model of vehicle surely?

I may have this wrong, but I'd understood from a review of the thread that they probably already knew who owned the vehicle at the time they released the image?

This is the image that was released:

View attachment 326341

Good luck if you can read the plate number.

I believe Australian LE has access to advanced technology which can identify said plate number.

I'd bet they had this info some time ago; hence the current search for the trailer.

JMVHO

Last edited:

When we hike in the backcountry my biggest fear is not wildlife, getting lost, running out of supplies, etc., it's crossing paths with a human who wishes me/us harm.

My friends went horse riding around Forbes NSW and some fool was shooting way off in the distance and the bullets were flying around them. Horrifying.

I believe Australian LE has access to advanced technology which can identify said plate number.

I'd bet they had this info some time ago; hence the current search for the trailer.

JMVHO

Yes, they do and it’s called ANPR (Automated Number Plate Recognition). It’s designed to identify and record large numbers of license plates in real time. In Victoria, the majority of Highway Patrol vehicles have already been fitted with the technology.

They are widely used on toll-roads for example, but can also be installed on traffic lights, power poles, or the entrance or exits of buildings such as parking garages or service stations for instance.

The police say this technology assists their work to identify stolen cars, cars registered to drivers with invalid licenses, or drivers with outstanding warrants against their names, but its uses have also included identifying persons of interest associated with a vehicle, or monitoring the movements of citizens to and from protests.

Such mass-surveillance vastly increases police powers to monitor people in public, and track and record their movements over time.

Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) Surveillance During COVID-19 • Melbourne Activist Legal Support

I’d be more than surprised if this technology was in use in a remote area such as the Wonnangatta Valley. I got the distinct impression from DI Stamper in the presser that they didn’t have the number plate details only images of the vehicle. If they knew the number plate details, why would they keep appealing to the public to come forward if they recognised the vehicle?

JMVHO

Forensic image recovery techniques can be applied to photos of rego plates, but the original images need to have sufficient pixels for that to be successful.

Here are some examples of what can be done, if the original image is in good enough shape to start with:

VIdeo Enhancement Experts | Image Enhancement

I’d be more than surprised if this technology was in use in a remote area such as the Wonnangatta Valley. I got the distinct impression from DI Stamper in the presser that they didn’t have the number plate details only images of the vehicle. If they knew the number plate details, why would they keep appealing to the public to come forward if they recognised the vehicle?

Those cameras are specifically to record registration plates for entry to the resort. See here under purchasing & infringements.
Resort Entry | Hotham Holidays

They knew. The picture is grainy on purpose and the release of it was to put the pressure on. IMO of course.

May I respectfully ask why they wouldn't? Did they think that his flying skills weren't up to scratch? Or wondered if he might do something stupid? Or suicidal?
The two can be connected, but basically if the guy at the controls is exhibiting bizarre behaviour or opinions to do with, or even not to do with, flying the aircraft, then no he won’t be left alone just in case he does a Germanwings or Ethiopian suicide dive.
Pilots are generally a pretty conservative bunch, they tend to think and operate in a similar way and have similar attitudes to their work. Anyone who goes against this grain is someone who really sticks out and makes his/her colleagues go, hmmm, don’t trust this bloke.
Carrying around million dollar aircraft and people whose lives depend upon you makes you quite aware of somebody who doesn’t fit the profile. MOM (my old man) says GL would have raised most pilots’ hackles instantly.

RSBM

I believe a large part of the delay is due to the fact that the investigation is still ongoing. Stamper said, “there is still a long way to go” before any remains are confirmed with DNA tests expected to take weeks. To date they haven't been formally identified, they still haven't located the trailer and they may also be looking at other people who have gone missing including GL's first wife.

As it's been described as a very complex investigation, I'm sure there's a lot to be done before they start getting their brief together but they've said a brief of evidence against GL will be ready by April 19.
True. This brief of evidence will focus only on the charges in respect of the alleged murder of Mr Hill and Ms Clay. If police lay other charges in respect of other people, that would require another brief of evidence. In such a situation, Court would need to decide if all charges are heard in one go or if it is broken into separate court appearances.
Other charges in respect of the present matter could be added to those already laid and put to the jury at the same time. These include such as disposal of a body or perversion of the course of justice, such as by destroying evidence. But we will need to see what the police - and crown prosecutors - do.
Some dates for the diary:
The Age reports that "Mr Lynn has been remanded to reappear at the regional court again on May 31"
Seven News reports that "Police requested until April 19, 2022, to build their brief of evidence against Lynn."
I understand the gap between the date for the brief to be finished (19 April) and the next court hearing (31 May) is to permit the defence to read the brief, and respond and prepare applications to the court for consideration at the next appearance.
Although the investigation is ongoing, lawyers will be now hard at work writing the brief, which may run into many pages. If new information is received and it is thought relevant to the prosecution, it will be incorporated into the brief as that information becomes available. So, if the process of other cases is followed, the lawyers can begin writing the brief before the DNA evidence has been finalised. If the trailer is located, forensic testing could take weeks, and police may request an extension, or provide a supplementary brief after 19 April has passed. I understand the extended time is not so much the ongoing investigation, but as I said: the volume of material they need to marshal into a narrative. Police have repeatedly described this as one of the most complex cases. I did see an article that said the amount of information and evidence collected so far is enormous, including over 1000 witness statements.

So very sad, but so true because of the remoteness.

Yes, they do and it’s called ANPR (Automated Number Plate Recognition). It’s designed to identify and record large numbers of license plates in real time. In Victoria, the majority of Highway Patrol vehicles have already been fitted with the technology.

They are widely used on toll-roads for example, but can also be installed on traffic lights, power poles, or the entrance or exits of buildings such as parking garages or service stations for instance.

The police say this technology assists their work to identify stolen cars, cars registered to drivers with invalid licenses, or drivers with outstanding warrants against their names, but its uses have also included identifying persons of interest associated with a vehicle, or monitoring the movements of citizens to and from protests.

Such mass-surveillance vastly increases police powers to monitor people in public, and track and record their movements over time.

Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) Surveillance During COVID-19 • Melbourne Activist Legal Support

LE could have technology to enhance the plate so even as you mentioned its not visible but were able to get it using other technology without having ANPR in a remote area. It was probably a method to make the individual uncomfortable and make a mistake as LE already knew. Like the swirly face pedophile. He tried to hide his image but LE was able to decipher the image. Good on LE.

My friends went horse riding around Forbes NSW and some fool was shooting way off in the distance and the bullets were flying around them. Horrifying.
Wow that’s appalling. Morons with weapons. One of the first things you learn in basic gun safety is that rounds can travel a very long way, sometimes kilometres. You have to make sure you have a backstop (hill, downsloping terrain etc) so if you miss your target then your bullet won’t take out something it shouldn’t.

I have an entire book my grandparents put together when Lisa died. It has everything documented in it. Letters from Greg to Lisa with death threats, custody documents, intervention orders, coroner's report.
I can't find it anywhere, I have ripped the house apart. So frustrating
This is so sad. The whole situation, poor Lisa. And I hope you find the book. Alicia this is in reference to Lisa I wanted to ask you if you could give us a brief indication of GL's rlationship history. Meaning was he married 3 times or two? In Doha was he married to the woman who fell off the balcony? The Australian woman who he had a baby with is that the same woman who was with him in Doha. I find the sequence of these tragedies deeply disturbing. Once can be considered a one off but reoccuring tragedies there's something not right. The girlfriend he allegedly left Lisa for was the relationship strained with that girlfriend also? Is she the same person who fell off the balcony or is she a different woman?

Last edited:
Horrible isn't it! I used to go and stay with him by myself after Lisa died and babysit my brothers. Scary to think about that now.
OMG! How horrible. I'm glad you were alright and nothing happened, but I suspect you may have been afraid. I'm so sorry for your fear. So sad.

Last edited:
@Alicia__elizabeth it is both horrific and completely unsurprising to hear your personal experiences in light of what he has been charged with. I truly hope every other question mark, allegation and vague possible association or proximity to other events is placed under the microscope, beginning with Lisa.
Your quote here reminded me of something. I will have to go back and find it but Conrad Whitlock was being spoken about in the posts I saw and in the post the person was saying Conrad Whitlock shouldn't be included in the list of persons missing under odd circumstances in the high country around where RH/CC went missing (I believe of this list.) I imagined a scenario where Conrad could have been lured by a staged event on the road or the side of the road. When his car was found the door was open with his belongings inside. It was dark at the time, so not like others are on the road.

Yup Judge I about fell off my chair as well!
The vehicle in this video has silver door handles and a snorkel. Lynn had black door handles and no snorkel. Which is very surprising he doesn’t have a snorkel fitted.
View attachment 325273 View attachment 325274
Normally, a car takes its air in through valves in the engine block, so if the water gets into those, the engine might seize and leave you stranded in the middle of a river, creek or waterhole. A vehicle snorkel acts much like it does with humans – it takes in clean air from above the water, in order to let the car ‘breathe’.

I zoomed in on the guy’s face and I even thought it was him until I saw the differences in the vehicles.
Okay what about this he painted the door handles black and uses another method to clean air other than a snorkel if that's possible (not a car person, sorry.)

I have an entire book my grandparents put together when Lisa died. It has everything documented in it. Letters from Greg to Lisa with death threats, custody documents, intervention orders, coroner's report.
I can't find it anywhere, I have ripped the house apart. So frustrating
I saw your post Alicia about the second wife in Doha and there is a story there. But the other questions I'm still wondering about. Thank you.

Hello Alicia__elizabeth
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and insights. These are very interesting. His low tolerance of noise is really interesting; especially if he hangs around airports!
You have a very good point there. Powertripping? His low tolerance to the children's noise so he camped out in the back yard was he trying to make someone feel guilty because he was outside and they were inside like mindgames. The mindgames he seems to be playing makes me wonder further about his personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader