Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - helps to read more articles

Police had already interviewed him, so I am guessing once the CCTV turned up, they knew immediately who the driver was with or without rego - but seems clear they did in fact have rego and released a deliberately poor picture for an audience of 1??

Russell Hill, Carol Clay disappearance: Mystery swirls around accused killer Greg Lynn
I'm wondering what role someone like Lynn's wife may have played. In terms of possibly recognizing the vehicle and trailer, perhaps having been given his itinerary back in Mar 2020, perhaps knowing he'd arrived home sooner than expected on Mar 21, etc.

It's reported he had an argument with her when he left to go camping. The quoted statement from his family doesn't proclaim his innocence and offers sympathy to the families of RH and CC.

The two can be connected, but basically if the guy at the controls is exhibiting bizarre behaviour or opinions to do with, or even not to do with, flying the aircraft, then no he won’t be left alone just in case he does a Germanwings or Ethiopian suicide dive.
Pilots are generally a pretty conservative bunch, they tend to think and operate in a similar way and have similar attitudes to their work. Anyone who goes against this grain is someone who really sticks out and makes his/her colleagues go, hmmm, don’t trust this bloke.
Carrying around million dollar aircraft and people whose lives depend upon you makes you quite aware of somebody who doesn’t fit the profile. MOM (my old man) says GL would have raised most pilots’ hackles instantly.
You are spot on Amber.

I don't believe the line about other pilots refusing to leave the flight deck when GL was on duty. More likely that was spun to placate the general public into believing nobody subsequently charged with a double murder could have been alone at the controls. Entirely post facto. The industry closing ranks.
Unfortunately cyber hound I have seen this happen first hand over a 40 year period, albeit infrequently. Providing crew pass their checks - there is not much you can doing about an “uneasy feeling” which can be considered as discrimination. If a pilot wanted to use the bathroom I would have to enter the flight deck and latch the door … firstly for security purposes and also their was a second person to unlock the door on the pilots return and was not relying on 1 person who could indeed choose to keep the other pilot out. We had a pilot who didn’t pass his check from a (pedantic check captain) - one week later put his light aircraft into a mountain.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by that?
No worries. I was trying to say if the killer is in the bush than a vehicle isn't needed the killer could park close to where the killer has set up camp. So the killer could do a diversion tactic to ensnare an unsuspecting motorist where they know CCTV cameras are not around for a long ways. Asin perhaps Conrad Whitlock. As I posted earlier how his car was found.

I don't believe the line about other pilots refusing to leave the flight deck when GL was on duty. More likely that was spun to placate the general public into believing nobody subsequently charged with a double murder could have been alone at the controls. Entirely post facto. The industry closing ranks.
I agree with you but I think that post was meaning that GL gave other pilots bad vibes (I wouldn't be surprised as his conversations may have been unsavoury or they suspected something nefarious happened in Doha or with Lisa) so they left the area when he was around but had no choice to but to work with him and just spoke about work or had other general mellow conversations in the cockpit. IMO.

Last edited:
OK - helps to read more articles

Police had already interviewed him, so I am guessing once the CCTV turned up, they knew immediately who the driver was with or without rego - but seems clear they did in fact have rego and released a deliberately poor picture for an audience of 1??

Russell Hill, Carol Clay disappearance: Mystery swirls around accused killer Greg Lynn
Would Russell really be flying his drone in an untoward or annoying manner. I somehow can't imagine that for a few reasons. 1. Being an experience camper he wouldn't want to bother fellow campers. 2. He wouldn't want to make Carol afraid or upset her. 3. Carol might be so upset to tell his friends about the behaviour. 4. His friends who were around his age & fellow campers with him sometimes wouldn't be pleased to hear about this type of behaviour. 5. His friends would discourage him from this behaviour. 6. His family would be upset & it would look immature. Nah, I can't see Russel doing flying the drone in this manner. Perhaps it was someone else who stole it from Russell.
Although I agree with the rest of the post as you are mentioning here.

This is the most terrifying thing about people who kill and commit other unspeakable crimes, though, isn't it... They DO hide in plain sight. They often ARE charming, or can be when they choose to wear the mask. Master gaslighters.

I mean, how many DV perpetrators get away with it because those who "know" them say they're just so lovely they could never hurt someone? I always trust the slightest glimpse of a bad gut feeling about someone's true nature, but I also know that one of the worst "monsters" - that I know about, at least - in my orbit, was someone seemingly wonderful, kind, caring, a pillar of the community. Free to walk among us and continue wearing that mask. And then there are the lovebombers who play other intelligent people like a game until they are trapped, gaslit and at their mercy.

There are lots of evil people in the world. Some let the cracks show occasionally. Others don't, until they get caught.
The worst is probably the “covert narcissist”…. An excellent reference point is Dr. Sam Vaknin a self confessed narcissist who does a brilliant job in giving insight into the mind of a narc, a plethora of information Red Dog.

RSBM
I've been wondering why, if police knew his plate number (how hard can it have been to figure out even if it wasn't clear on CCTV) - why they did the TV appeal?

I believe the TV appeal was for an audience of one, but not GL. I think it was directed to his wife as it was obvious that GL wasn’t going to give himself up. Between the release of the photo and the date he left home following an argument, I believe she saw the photo on TV and recognised it as her husband’s car and trailer. It’s possible she may have confronted him about it and that was the cause of the argument. Stamper said there had been saturation coverage of the story in the media but it was only on 7 November that the image and sketch were released for the first time.

Despite interviewing many people and getting a massive number of tips, they still hadn’t located the bodies, the trailer or a weapon. If their leads were getting thin, they probably thought it was time to make a move. IMO she’s the one person they wanted to come forward who knew him best and could provide a lot of information, but if it wasn’t voluntary they’d have no idea how she would react and many people stand by their partners or family members even if they're charged with murder.

A neighbour said, "They talk in the backyard, they never get into any fights. They are lovely and the couple always talk to each other very nicely. They are very close".

Would Russell really be flying his drone in an untoward or annoying manner. I somehow can't imagine that for a few reasons. 1. Being an experience camper he wouldn't want to bother fellow campers. 2. He wouldn't want to make Carol afraid or upset her. 3. Carol might be so upset to tell his friends about the behaviour. 4. His friends who were around his age & fellow campers with him sometimes wouldn't be pleased to hear about this type of behaviour. 5. His friends would discourage him from this behaviour. 6. His family would be upset & it would look immature. Nah, I can't see Russel doing flying the drone in this manner. Perhaps it was someone else who stole it from Russell.
Although I agree with the rest of the post as you are mentioning here.

60 Minutes - The High Country mystery on YouTube

Local contract musterer, Lachlan Culican, had been asked to assist the police search for the couple. What he saw convinced him an intruder had most likely come into the campsite. The car was locked, both their wallets and scattered with membership cards etc were scattered on the floor of the car, but cash and debit/credit cards were missing. He later saw a worker spraying blackberries who claimed he saw RH and CC driving by on Friday night and that a drone had been flying. He said RH flew his drone over his camp that night, which he thought was a bit disrespectful. He was adamant it was RH’s drone.

It doesn’t makes sense that he didn’t burn them inside the grave site.
How could, why would you burn and then move their remains which would not be a ‘clean’ task and would take many hours.
Did he go back when everything was cold?

This is starting to sound very disturbing to me.
I’m imagining some evil visuals.
That's what I thought/think too. But, also to add either other campers were quite far from (Kilometers far) Russell and Carol so gunshots couldn't be heard, as other campers didn't hear gunshots that night or a silencer was utilized on/with the gun. He took Russell and Carol from their campsite either dead (shot in sleeping bags but, that would be messy as you said & as no remains were found at the burnt tent the fire couldn't have reached 3000 degrees to burn the bodies) or alive (hostage situation.) Taken them to burial site and burned them there. So, yeah, I totally agree with you, that only makes it extremely more horrifyingly disturbing IMO.

Given we have a lack of information, I'm considering another possible scenario as follows.

- GL showed up at RH & CC's camp site, pointed a loaded gun at them and ordered them to not make a sound or he will kill
- he then orders CC to gag & tie up RH (with ropes etc supplied by GL) & then GL gags & ties up CC
- this immediately stops any potential screams/yells and also renders them unable to run off into the bushes
- GL then burns down the tent and loads the couple into the back of his trailer - he doesn't need to carry either of them as
they are both still able to walk with their ankles tied up (difficult but probably doable)
- now that they are in the back of his trailer, GL bludgeons them rendering them both unconscious
- GL then takes the road trip up to the closed gate and then onto their final resting place on Union Spur Track
- what he then does is anyone's guess (besides burning them) and I sincerely hope neither of them were aware of
the horrors unfolding resulting in their demise

Even if all this started with an accident ie pushing RC over and he hits his head on a rock and dies, what then happens
is definitely not normal or even slightly abnormal. It's horrendous and reeks of psychopathic tendencies.

IMOO
My thoughts exactly I sort of have the same vision of poor RH and CC. I described it in post #373.

60 Minutes - The High Country mystery on YouTube

Local contract musterer, Lachlan Culican, had been asked to assist the police search for the couple. What he saw convinced him an intruder had most likely come into the campsite. The car was locked, both their wallets and scattered with membership cards etc were scattered on the floor of the car, but cash and debit/credit cards were missing. He later saw a worker spraying blackberries who claimed he saw RH and CC driving by on Friday night and that a drone had been flying. He said RH flew his drone over his camp that night, which he thought was a bit disrespectful. He was adamant it was RH’s drone.

I wonder if the drone that was found was lost by GL, who then assumed Russell’s drone was his. It would explain the drone flying when RH and CC were driving and an altercation.

another possibility is that it was GL flying Russell’s drone that night, after he had killed them.

Article published on 19 October

DI Stamper said:

"So any clothing that people might find in unusual location would be of interest to us.

Any personal items that people may find in strange locations … to give us a call on CrimeStoppers."

Once again it suggests to me they were in either some form of night attire or undressed and in their sleeping bags. Something had to prompt DI Stamper to make a specific comment about clothing. It seems to me something obvious is missing. That begs the question, couldn't clothing have burned in the campsite fire together with personal items. We know the drone is still missing, but that's been in the media from the word go.

Police searching for missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay zero in on theory
Good observation about LE's comment about finding clothing and reporting it. I thought that too when I first heard that "Where's the clothing? but didn't bother commenting on it." The clothing had to be on the bodies if burnt at the burnt logs site where the clothes they were wearing would have been disintegrated (even if on the bodies) or in the tent fire because at either location the fire would have disintegrated the clothing. So as the article is dated Oct 19th LE didn't have the location of or didn't know about the burnt logs site. So now LE realizes that the clothes could have burned on the bodies at the burnt logs site.

I wonder if the drone that was found was lost by GL, who then assumed Russell’s drone was his. It would explain the drone flying when RH and CC were driving and an altercation.

another possibility is that it was GL flying Russell’s drone that night, after he had killed them.

A Current Affair spoke to a man who claims he was working in the valley when RH and CC arrived. He says on March 20 last year — the same day RH was last known to be alive — at about 4.30pm, RH flew his drone from his own campsite along the river. He said the drone hovered over the workers' campsite before continuing to fly over other campsites. He’s since spoken to police about what he saw because he recalls encountering someone who made him feel uneasy who camped near RH’s and CC’s campsite.

The worker said the man asked him for directions to the best camp at the northern end of the valley and that the man ended up camping over the bank from RH’s and CC’s spot, so they could have easily set up their camp without realising the man was there.

Whether that person is Mr Lynn is still unclear.

RSBM

I haven't seen anything about her death.

This was posted on the previous thread: Last paragraph only.

Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*
Who was the Herald Sun's source? How did they get the information about the woman falling off the balcony in Doha. It is very shocking to hear this as others seem to have been victims according to LE of GL, so to not give more information on that woman's story is like frustrating IMO. To just say this happened to the individual and nothing else when it pertains to murder albeit in another country is like leading the reader on, not that I don't like their journalism because its always informative which I greatly appreciate.

I don't think anything about the lady in Doha has been reported in the news
Who was the Herald Sun's source? How did they get the information about the woman falling off the balcony in Doha. It is very shocking to hear this as others seem to have been victims according to LE of GL, so to not give more information on that woman's story is like frustrating IMO. To just say this happened to the individual and nothing else when it pertains to murder albeit in another country is like leading the reader on, not that I don't like their journalism because its always informative which I greatly appreciate.

Yes, I was thinking of what DI Stamper said.

"Mr Stamper said if Mr Hill's interaction with that camper became confrontational, he would have been unlikely to have taken a step back.

'We know that Russell, albeit a very peaceful and law abiding man, he worked in the wilderness in that area. He worked tough jobs so he wasn't someone who would ... take a backward step. So there has been some sort of argument and maybe it's escalated from there,' he said."

Missing camper Russell Hill wouldn't have backed down from a fight | Daily Mail Online
Yes, I was thinking of what DI Stamper said.

"Mr Stamper said if Mr Hill's interaction with that camper became confrontational, he would have been unlikely to have taken a step back.

'We know that Russell, albeit a very peaceful and law abiding man, he worked in the wilderness in that area. He worked tough jobs so he wasn't someone who would ... take a backward step. So there has been some sort of argument and maybe it's escalated from there,' he said."

Missing camper Russell Hill wouldn't have backed down from a fight | Daily Mail Online
Actually Motomike who has known Russell for 30 years said otherwise. He discusses this in thread 5 post #429.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader