Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

I believe the TV appeal was for an audience of one, but not GL. I think it was directed to his wife as it was obvious that GL wasn’t going to give himself up. Between the release of the photo and the date he left home following an argument, I believe she saw the photo on TV and recognised it as her husband’s car and trailer. It’s possible she may have confronted him about it and that was the cause of the argument. Stamper said there had been saturation coverage of the story in the media but it was only on 7 November that the image and sketch were released for the first time.

Despite interviewing many people and getting a massive number of tips, they still hadn’t located the bodies, the trailer or a weapon. If their leads were getting thin, they probably thought it was time to make a move. IMO she’s the one person they wanted to come forward who knew him best and could provide a lot of information, but if it wasn’t voluntary they’d have no idea how she would react and many people stand by their partners or family members even if they're charged with murder.

A neighbour said, "They talk in the backyard, they never get into any fights. They are lovely and the couple always talk to each other very nicely. They are very close".

Yes i think you are correct.

Also they were interested that he didn't report his own vehicle.

The first wife of GL seems to have been driven to suicide by the suffering he caused her, definitely something preventable ...

@Alicia__elizabeth (Alicia’s birth mother) said, “He is completely capable of murdering two people as I believe he did to Lisa. I am hoping the botched investigation into her death will be re-opened and we may finally have some answers for the family”.

@Arboreal kindly posted a precis from some Herald Sun articles which I've edited slightly for brevity:

Lisa committed suicide in 1999 at the Mt Macedon home where she had lived with her husband and their two young children. A close friend said Lisa was a devoted wife, deeply religious and devoted herself to her husband and two sons. She said GL left her when their two boys were young and that Lisa was completely heartbroken when he left. She wanted him back but he left her for another woman.

A former work colleague of Lisa said people who knew her couldn’t believe she had taken her own life, particularly as she loved their children too much and was extremely religious.

After she died, Lisa was found with a large quantity of pills and vodka in her system, however, she was usually a non-drinker. Another friend said she didn't remember Lisa being a drinker at all.

To which I replied on Thread 5 #109

"So she took a large quantity of pills, drank vodka and then walked outside the home they'd shared years earlier and died? I can see why her family found it suspicious".

And this:

In 1999, Lynn’s marriage collapsed and shortly afterwards, in October that year, Lisa was found dead in the garden of her home. It was listed as suicide from an overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol.

I like to save the best until last :D

To learn more about Greg Lynn’s past, police investigating the Clay and Hill disappearances have quietly called for the file on his first wife’s death.

Russell Hill, Carol Clay disappearance: Mystery swirls around accused killer Greg Lynn

Last edited:
The blackberry sprayer said the Russell flew his drone down the river around 4.30pm, and that it hovered over his campsite, which he found quite disrespectful, before it flew off to hover over other campsites.

Russell made his ham radio call between 6 and 7pm, which was after the drone had been flying around. So we know Russell and Carol were both still alive, safe and well whilst the drone was in the air.

another possibility is that it was GL flying Russell’s drone that night, after he had killed them.

@Alicia__elizabeth (Alicia’s birth mother) said, “He is completely capable of murdering two people as I believe he did to Lisa. I am hoping the botched investigation into her death will be re-opened and we may finally have some answers for the family”.

@Arboreal kindly posted a precis from some Herald Sun articles which I've edited slightly for brevity:

Lisa committed suicide in 1999 at the Mt Macedon home where she had lived with her husband and their two young children. A close friend said Lisa was a devoted wife, deeply religious and devoted herself to her husband and two sons. She said GL left her when their two boys were young and that Lisa was completely heartbroken when he left. She wanted him back but he left her for another woman.

A former work colleague of Lisa said people who knew her couldn’t believe she had taken her own life, particularly as she loved their children too much and was extremely religious.

After she died, Lisa was found with a large quantity of pills and vodka in her system, however, she was usually a non-drinker. Another friend said she didn't remember Lisa being a drinker at all.

To which I replied on Thread 5 #109

"So she took a large quantity of pills, drank vodka and then walked outside the home they'd shared years earlier and died? I can see why her family found it suspicious".

And this:

In 1999, Lynn’s marriage collapsed and shortly afterwards, in October that year, Lisa was found dead in the garden of her home. It was listed as suicide from an overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol.

I like to save the best until last :D

To learn more about Greg Lynn’s past, police investigating the Clay and Hill disappearances have quietly called for the file on his first wife’s death.

Russell Hill, Carol Clay disappearance: Mystery swirls around accused killer Greg Lynn

Thank you for the links. Within the article you referenced there are a number of links to other High Country disappearances. It’s hard to imagine that 2 people aged over 70, on a remote camping trip, could cause anybody any problems at all. But then there are a lot of people who have gone missing in the High Country who you wouldn’t imagine causing anyone any problems at all…..

IMHO it’s becoming increasingly hard to image Carol and Russell’s deaths were a totally random, one off occasion :(

60 Minutes - The High Country mystery on YouTube

Local contract musterer, Lachlan Culican, had been asked to assist the police search for the couple. What he saw convinced him an intruder had most likely come into the campsite. The car was locked, both their wallets and scattered with membership cards etc were scattered on the floor of the car, but cash and debit/credit cards were missing. He later saw a worker spraying blackberries who claimed he saw RH and CC driving by on Friday night and that a drone had been flying. He said RH flew his drone over his camp that night, which he thought was a bit disrespectful. He was adamant it was RH’s drone.

The blackberry sprayer said the Russell flew his drone down the river around 4.30pm, and that it hovered over his campsite, which he found quite disrespectful, before it flew off to hover over other campsites.

Russell made his ham radio call between 6 and 7pm, which was after the drone had been flying around. So we know Russell and Carol were both still alive, safe and well whilst the drone was in the air.

4.30pm is not night

Yes you do. You yourself posted it here, complete with link to the ACA report, (except you confused GL for RH with the initials) : Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

A Current Affair spoke to a man who claims he was working in the valley when GL and CC arrived. He says on March 20 last year — the same day GL was last known to be alive — at about 4.30pm, GL flew his drone from his own campsite along the river. He said the drone hovered over the workers' campsite before continuing to fly over other campsites. He’s since spoken to police about what he saw because he recalls encountering someone who made him feel uneasy who camped near RH’s and CC’s campsite.”

I don't know the source of BrumbyJack's comment.
Mine came from the video at 21:21 where Lachlan Culican says, “He went on to tell me that they flew – Russell flew his drone over his camp that night which he thought was a bit disrespectful”.

Yes you do. You yourself posted it here, complete with link to the ACA report, (except you confused GL for RH with the initials) : Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

A Current Affair spoke to a man who claims he was working in the valley when GL and CC arrived. He says on March 20 last year — the same day GL was last known to be alive — at about 4.30pm, GL flew his drone from his own campsite along the river. He said the drone hovered over the workers' campsite before continuing to fly over other campsites. He’s since spoken to police about what he saw because he recalls encountering someone who made him feel uneasy who camped near RH’s and CC’s campsite.”

You're absolutely right. I thought it sounded familiar and just found it myself.

Actually Motomike who has known Russell for 30 years said otherwise. He discusses this in thread 5 post #429.

Yes, I acknowledged the same ... in my post a couple of posts further along from the one you are referencing.

It doesn't have to be one way or another. DI Stamper has info that says to him that Russell wasn't a pushover. Motomike says Russell would not have put them in a dangerous situation. Both characteristics can exist at the same time. imo

There might have been some kind of confrontation (as the police think), with Russell walking away from it if and when he felt it could get out of hand. And he still could have been killed for it.

I have wondered if GL king hit (cowards punch) Russell ... perhaps as Russell was walking away from him.

As Motomike said that Russell wasn't an idiot, he would not escalate a dangerous situation.

And maybe Carol was too shocked to scream, rushed to help Russell, and suffered a similar fate herself.

Last edited:
Imagine the fear when Carol realised what these two Alfa males’ issues had become irreversible.
Motomike thread 5 Post #429.
A Current Affair spoke to a man who claims he was working in the valley when RH and CC arrived. He says on March 20 last year — the same day RH was last known to be alive — at about 4.30pm, RH flew his drone from his own campsite along the river. He said the drone hovered over the workers' campsite before continuing to fly over other campsites. He’s since spoken to police about what he saw because he recalls encountering someone who made him feel uneasy who camped near RH’s and CC’s campsite.

The worker said the man asked him for directions to the best camp at the northern end of the valley and that the man ended up camping over the bank from RH’s and CC’s spot, so they could have easily set up their camp without realising the man was there.

Whether that person is Mr Lynn is still unclear.
Could be someone else's drone as well, not just necessarily RH's or GL's (although I don't know if GL had a drone or not that day.)

Re the ex-wife suicide with prescription drugs / alcohol

I agree this now looks suspicious, but how exactly would he have murdered her in this way? Force her to ingest it all then dump the body?

Seems like a hard way to pull off a murder. Has it ever been done before I wonder?

Re the ex-wife suicide with prescription drugs / alcohol

I agree this now looks suspicious, but how exactly would he have murdered her in this way? Force her to ingest it all then dump the body?

Seems like a hard way to pull off a murder. Has it ever been done before I wonder?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to read up on Lisa's final circumstances. But, I believe she sadly overdosed and died. She was found so that's why LE has said Lisa's death was considered a suicide officially. Yes, its possible he forced her to injest or tampered with her food/water. However, now maybe LE will take another look in a different light as circumstances are what they are now with RH and CC's killings. See post #383 it has more infomation from Alicia_Elizabeth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member