Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynn trained with the RAAF but decided to leave when he was not selected in the alpha stream to be an elite pilot flying fighter jets. “He was extremely bitter,” a friend said.

But he moved on, becoming a first officer at Ansett where he was well liked by cabin crew, even though a fellow Ansett first officer said he had a reputation with air crews as “a bit of a weird fish”. He married and had two sons with his first wife, Lisa, who was a Qantas cabin crew member. For years the pilot and his vivacious wife looked like a happy couple building a sprawling family home in Mount Macedon with their two young sons.

But according to his wife’s family, behind closed doors he was a dominating figure. One family member contacted police during the marriage to make (unproven) allegations of family violence. It is not known if police acted on the complaints.

Russell Hill, Carol Clay disappearance: Mystery swirls around accused killer Greg Lynn

The camping site that another person is believed to have set up on March 20 last year had been sought after among those who entered the rugged section of bush. Nestled upon the river, it is a camping site RH also liked to enjoy while there.

But when police found his gutted tent, it was not in that perfect camping spot, but some 100 metres away. Stamper said, 'The only reason we can assume Russell didn't camp in the best spot was potentially there was somebody else already there.'

I live in a small cul-de-sac and I got my husband to pace it out from the kerb at the top of the street to the bottom. It was approx. 60+m, far short of the distance between the 2 campsites. If they were that distance apart, I’ve got absolutely no idea what another person had to complain about. It may not have been perfect for RH as it’s much further from the river but if he really didn’t like it, I doubt he would have set up camp there. RH and CC were only going to spend 1 night there.

Detectives said RH suffered from a heart condition. I find it hard to believe that having heart issues, plus having Carol with him, that he would have been the one to instigate a confrontation. My husband has a heart condition too, and I know that if he gets stressed, sometimes over small things, he has to sit or lie down and use his Nitrolingual spray. So assuming there was a confrontation, I think the other person would have been the aggressor.

Which brings us back to what a possible confrontation was about, and for the moment, the drone is the only thing that springs to mind.

Missing camper Russell Hill wouldn't have backed down from a fight | Daily Mail Online

It’s interesting to read someone else’s perception of distance. I live out in the hills, not a lot of houses around and I like the peace and quiet. I know the big shed on my place is 100m from the house, I can see it clearly from the side verandah, and I sat out there with a beer last night looking at it and thinking if I was facing job issues, had a lot on my mind and I just really, really wanted to be alone, if it would annoy me if someone came and set up camp at that distance. The answer was probably yes, and even more yes when you take into account the tonnes of other spots along the valley that they could’ve set up instead.

Was Russell a safety in numbers camper, where he liked to be near others? I know it’s been said he often camped alone (or did he? knowing what we know now), but it makes me wonder why he didn’t want ultimate privacy for him and Carol to do whatever?

Heart conditions, especially if it’s well managed doesn’t stop some people. I know an old bloke drinks like a fish, still gets a bit antsy for a blue sometimes, and has had 3 heart attacks 1 of those was in the local. Doesn’t stop him even when he’s had a skin full. Everyone’s different, and ‘heart condition’ describes a number of different things.

I reckon you’re right about the drone too, that’s gotta be a big piece of the story.

The camping site that another person is believed to have set up on March 20 last year had been sought after among those who entered the rugged section of bush. Nestled upon the river, it is a camping site RH also liked to enjoy while there.

But when police found his gutted tent, it was not in that perfect camping spot, but some 100 metres away. Stamper said, 'The only reason we can assume Russell didn't camp in the best spot was potentially there was somebody else already there.'

I live in a small cul-de-sac and I got my husband to pace it out from the kerb at the top of the street to the bottom. It was approx. 60+m, far short of the distance between the 2 campsites. If they were that distance apart, I’ve got absolutely no idea what another person had to complain about. It may not have been perfect for RH as it’s much further from the river but if he really didn’t like it, I doubt he would have set up camp there. RH and CC were only going to spend 1 night there.

Detectives said RH suffered from a heart condition. I find it hard to believe that having heart issues, plus having Carol with him, that he would have been the one to instigate a confrontation. My husband has a heart condition too, and I know that if he gets stressed, sometimes over small things, he has to sit or lie down and use his Nitrolingual spray. So assuming there was a confrontation, I think the other person would have been the aggressor.

Which brings us back to what a possible confrontation was about, and for the moment, the drone is the only thing that springs to mind.

Missing camper Russell Hill wouldn't have backed down from a fight | Daily Mail Online

In thinking about GL's first wife's apparent cause of death and suspicion around who was responsible I think we should consider this scenario. Did GL approach RH & CC campsite in full friend mode and offer them a drink of some variety that may well have included a concoction of drugs that rendered them incapable of defending themselves. When you think about it. No gunshots, no blood at campsite and no evidence of a struggle or dna linking GL to the campsite. Did he drug them, then return later and extract the bodies and then proceed to place them in the trailer then in a strange way bury them elsewhere and incinerate them. This is merely an opinion I have that could hold some merit. If his first wife didn't suicide then the form could be represent something. I think the theory of drugging is a sound one because without evidence of a violent struggle at the campsite it is implausible to think GL could overpower both RH & CC without leaving evidence of the conflict and or without anyone in the area hearing the commotion of gunfire etc. Yes, I know it is a sick thought this theory but SK's are sick and I belive GL is one. Any thoughts?

It’s interesting to read someone else’s perception of distance. I live out in the hills, not a lot of houses around and I like the peace and quiet.

I love peace and quiet too. I live in the Blue Mountains and a 3 minute walk will take me into the bush. We have no traffic noise and only hear birds during the day and possums at night.

RH and CC were only camping there overnight. As they were both in their 70s, I'm sure they could wait an extra night to do whatever. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From DI Stamper’s presser on 8 November: Part 1

Q. Did those cameras capture the front of the car, and if so, is there a number plate?
A. Look, the image we’re releasing is the best image. You know, I don’t want to go too far into what we’ve got, but that’s the best image that we’ve got that we’re releasing to the community at the moment.

Q. So it’s fair to say that the camera didn’t capture the registration plate otherwise we wouldn’t (ui)?
A. Well, yeah. Like I say, you know, we’ve, we’ve released the best image that we can. I’m not gonna release everything about, about what, what we’ve been able to get from the camera but the image that we released is, is the best image at the moment.

[It’s so obvious they have multiple images and they’re only releasing the best image that doesn’t show the number plate]

Q. What sort of roadside camera was that? Was that a speed camera or a traffic camera?
A. No. They’re a camera that are used by the, the resort up there to, you know – basically they have a number of purposes but one of them is for a safety purpose to know who’s sort of moving in and out of, of the National Park up there for – obviously in the snow season, in the fire season as well. So they are actually owned and operated by, by the Mount Hotham authority up there.

Q. So did the camera also capture that same car driving in as well as out?
A. No. Well, we, we, we haven’t got that information but, you know, as I say, the image that we’re releasing was on the 21st which is the best image that we’ve got of that.

Q. Obviously the image hasn’t been out there for very long, but did police get any calls or email messages overnight from people saying, “I recognize that truck. I recognize that trailer”?
A. Look, early days. You know, obviously we got a lot of coverage which is great. Ah, that’ll continue today. We have had a lot of information from the community. You know, a lot of those will be reports around that 4WD. We’ll be able to eliminate them fairly quickly but, you know, specifically I see, you know, it would be more, you know, as I just mentioned, the combination of that car and trailer. If people sort of recognize that, that would be what we would be more interested in as well.

#LIVE: Victoria Police address the media on missing Wonnangatta Valley campers. #9News

From DI Stamper’s presser on 8 November: Part 2

Q. Did the cameras show you much about the driver’s appearance?
A. No. No.

Q. Nothing at all?
A. No. No.

Q. Were they by themselves?
A. Can’t say.

Q. Do you think the trailer was used to potentially move bodies?
A. Well look, we can’t discount that. We don’t know why the trailer was there. I maintain my belief that I think Russell and Carol are still in that broad area of the Wonnangatta Valley. I think they were moved from the actual campsite. As to where and how, I don’t know, but yeah, one could speculate that the trailer may have been part of that, yeah.

Q. You said that there was multiple sightings of that vehicle around the area. Were there any sightings of the driver, or the person that was in that car?
A. Look, you know, there has been sightings of a driver but, you know, it’s a very sort of broad description as well which hasn’t really assisted us in that regard.

Q. Are there any cameras further down the line …
A. No.

Q. … that caught this car?
A. No.

Q. That’s the only camera you’ve got.
A. No.

Q. What’s the timeframe … what’s the timeframe from when Carol and Russell were last seen, like when they arrived at the campsite?
A. Well, we’ve only got some – obviously we know that Russell spoke to his friends on the amateur radio after about 6:00pm on Friday the 20th and had said that they hadn’t been there long. They were in a rush to get the, get the campsite up before darkness came in. So we, we know that’s the last time that anyone heard of Russell and Carrol, and there was obviously no discussion that anything was wrong or anything there. He just said, you know, “I, you know, I can’t hang around too long ‘cause I’ve gotta get the campsite finished off before it gets dark” – words to that effect. So the vehicle was seen in that, in that area around, you know, around the same time. We can’t be specific when, and we know that the vehicle was captured on the roadside cameras the next day, in the morning of the next day.

Q. Leaving?
A. Leaving, yeah.

#LIVE: Victoria Police address the media on missing Wonnangatta Valley campers. #9News

Last edited:
JudgeJudi, several posts above, posted a link to a (UK)
Daily Mail online article, bylined by a 'Wayne Flower,
Melbourne Correspondent
and Levi Parsons'.
In that article, is seen this picture of an item from the
tent;
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/1...t_deliberately_lit_but-a-27_1636292965852.jpg

What are we seeing here? It somewhat looks like a
foldable chair, but what chair has a 'keyhole-like'
hole in it, and also apparently from the small
right-angle cut-out we see, presumably it also had
a rectangular slot in it??

Melbourne Correspondent
and Levi Parsons'.
tent;
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/1...t_deliberately_lit_but-a-27_1636292965852.jpg

Looks to me like the frame of a nylon camping chair with a fold out side table with cup holder, the rectangle cut out would be To make space for a mug handle.

makinwaffles is spot on. It’s one of these types:

Wanderer Compact Directors Camp Chair

Melbourne Correspondent
and Levi Parsons'.
tent;

You’re probs right. I was only thinking that because they were having an affair they wouldn’t have anywhere near as much alone time as a married couple would.

Btw, my nana had a boyfriend in her 70’s, and they couldn’t keep their hands off eachother. Until he died. Natural causes, but we joked she wore him out. Age isn’t always a barrier, or a reason to behave sensibly.

RH and CC were only camping there overnight. As they were both in their 70s, I'm sure they could wait an extra night to do whatever. :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has already been covered (I’ve read most pages but not the whole 21 yet)….but is there a chance that the disappearance of David Prideaux is linked to GL also? Or have they ruled this out? From memory he went missing from the Wonnangatta Track region too

Lynn trained with the RAAF but decided to leave when he was not selected in the alpha stream to be an elite pilot flying fighter jets. “He was extremely bitter,” a friend said.

But he moved on, becoming a first officer at Ansett where he was well liked by cabin crew, even though a fellow Ansett first officer said he had a reputation with air crews as “a bit of a weird fish”. He married and had two sons with his first wife, Lisa, who was a Qantas cabin crew member. For years the pilot and his vivacious wife looked like a happy couple building a sprawling family home in Mount Macedon with their two young sons.

But according to his wife’s family, behind closed doors he was a dominating figure. One family member contacted police during the marriage to make (unproven) allegations of family violence. It is not known if police acted on the complaints.

Russell Hill, Carol Clay disappearance: Mystery swirls around accused killer Greg Lynn
He was jealous of her. Qantas V Ansett?

Travelling Wilbury said;
"is there a chance that the disappearance of David Prideaux is linked to GL also?"
Nope. David Prideaux went missing northwestwards
of Tomahawk Hut, Mt. Buller, more than 30 km as the
crow flies from the Wonnangatta locale RH & CC were
camping at.
https://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2018-12/davidmaxwellprideaux_260111.pdf
But GL was known to frequent the Alpine area, across of which you can access the different parts of it via internal tracks and come in from a lot of entrance roads from the outer towns.
Have they cross checked trips GL did that may coincide with other people’s disappearances?

If GL had rented an apartment its entirely possible that GL had a girlfriend or wife in Doha but I don't think it would be an official marriage. For one thing the wife would want to come to a western country afterall she married a western man (GL.) If it did happened then it was only a culturally acceptable marriage to traditional ME customs but not legal, otherwise he may have had some obligation to her legally. She wouldn't have been a western woman because she and her family in the west would have gone through legal channels to bring justice for her and we would have heard about it. No, this girl was from a poor country whose ties aren't as strong as western countries to the ME, maybe not even having an embassy there. I'm adding this to this thread post #394. It possibly happened over 14 years ago. If this relationship did happen then he wouldn't be legally obligated to her. He wouldn't have to sponsor her to come to Australia. If she got pregnant then it would be better off she was not around because GL would not want to go through the hassle of having to take care of the situation that had arisen. So you can imagine what may have occurred there to that possible girl. Hence the rumours by his co-workers. MOO.

Doha is FULL of ex-pat communities from English speaking countries. Having had friends who moved there to work for a period of time I get the impression that these communities mostly keep to themselves with limited social interaction with local people, especially Qatari women, perhaps for fairly obvious social, cultural and political reasons.

What are we seeing here? It somewhat looks like a foldable chair, but what chair has a 'keyhole-like' hole in it, and also apparently from the small right-angle cut-out we see, presumably it also had a rectangular slot in it??

We have these foldable chairs. I've marked it and the burnt chair up.

Attachments

• Chairs side by side.JPG
    Chairs side by side.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 33
Doha is FULL of ex-pat communities from English speaking countries. Having had friends who moved there to work for a period of time I get the impression that these communities mostly keep to themselves with limited social interaction with local people, especially Qatari women, perhaps for fairly obvious social, cultural and political reasons.
Yes, that's true but if there is truth to the rumours about a messed up relationship in Doha it would be with a non Qatari woman and someone who could be left hanging so to speak because of her legal status and because she is from a poor country and background. He probably had his own private living space so he could bring whomever he wanted so I think it would be someone who fits the description I am assuming. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader