Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning my post this thread #438. There is a reason why the tent contents were burnt. Why put the chairs inside. Someone else had to be sitting in one of those chairs. Get rid of DNA. Gloves on or wiped the door handles of Russel's truck when personal items scattered inside (of his truck.) Scattered inside to throw LE off, perhaps. Make LE think the couple was looking for something inside it. I don't know about the rest of sleuthers here on this thread but I am getting more concerned that this was calculated, cold and RH & CC did suffer or were at least aware of something not being right if they were drugged. In my mind its pointing to that. MOO.

Last edited:
That's a sad thought, I hope not, most probably not though. Certain people are experts at keeping certain kinds of secrets even from family, especially when that person knows what the cosequences will be as in "prison".

So true. Like the cable program last night about the Canadian colonel that was an underwear thief and eventually killed several women. Now THAT story was a bombshell.

Concerning my post this thread #438. There is a reason why the tent contents were burnt. Why put the chairs inside. Someone else had to be sitting in one of those chairs. Get rid of DNA. Gloves on or wiped the door handles of Russel's truck when personal items scattered inside (of his truck.) Scattered inside to throw LE off, perhaps. Make LE think the couple was looking for something inside it. I don't know about the rest of sleuthers here on this thread but I am getting more concerned that this was calculated, cold and RH & CC did suffer or were at least aware of something not being right if they were drugged. In my mind its pointing to that. MOO.
I think I see what you mean - eg why burn the chairs if not for a reason? So the killer must have been sitting in one? Which means being convivial, having a drink or cuppa together. And then what? Either an unplanned argument, or a planned attack?

I think I see what you mean - eg why burn the chairs if not for a reason? So the killer must have been sitting in one? Which means being convivial, having a drink or cuppa together. And then what? Either an unplanned argument, or a planned attack?
Unfortunately I don't think it was an argument it was an attack on poor unsuspecting Russell & Carol. The killer was taking advantage of the remoteness and the fact that it was getting dark because IIRC Russell had gotten off the hamm radio about 7:40PM or was it earlier. Regardless it was getting dark nad the killer thought that campers and people wouldn't be wondering around hiking now so they can get back to their camps. Also, other campers were kilometers away, according to LE. This was very bold IMO, I know the cattle rustler who spoke to reporters said that illegally killed deer carcasses were nearby RH/CC's campsite, but IMO that is a ruse to again to throw off LE. Or those deer carcasses could be from before RH/CC arrived. It was just an observation the cattle rustler made. Russel and Carol wouldn't start an argument with a stranger is the feeling I get from the couple's personalities. MOO.

Regarding the tent contents again, I mean Russel and Carol were not in the tent when it was set on fire so the fire didn't have to do with them. So that's why I think that there was the killer's DNA involved so as a result the fire was started. There's a couple of scenarios that come to my mind of what could have occurred that evening. 1)They were shot with a silencer (?) 2) Stabbed but it would be a messy scene so I don't think the killer would have wanted that on their clothes as when trying to leave may cause people to look and see something unusual (like when trying to leave at the gate) 3)Drugged or poisoned and dragged in their sleeping bags. The dragging them in the sleeping bags it could be they were ordered into them or they were put inside them. It would take an effort to put the couple inside their sleeing bags. So possibly they were moved onto them and dragged to the killer's vehicle. If they were put onto the sleeping bags Russel and Carol would probably either be dead or unconcsious at this point. This is what I see that may have happened. I just hope there was no suffering. I wonder if at trial details like this will come out? I mean evidence is burnt so how would LE know the truth of what happened. GL could make it look like there was no suffering, so he doesn't look worst than he does already. MOO. I'm sure questions will come up about Russel's truck and the contents inside. So what will GL say that he didn't put them inside scattered, that it was someone else, when Russel and Carol are organized people? Another thought I just had was with say a gun there would be blood splatter the killer might not want to risk the blood coming on them so it might very well be a drugging or poisoning. MOO

So true. Like the cable program last night about the Canadian colonel that was an underwear thief and eventually killed several women. Now THAT story was a bombshell.
I think that case might be relevant to this: the perp was a pilot, he was in his late 40's, he'd never committed previous crimes. Apparently, he'd chosen to become a pilot because of the movie Top Gun. But it turned out, there wasn't that kind of excitement in his career, after all. JMO, but I think he began a secret life of acting out his fantasies because, a) he had reached the peak of his career and had satisfied all his material desires, but was bored, disappointed and lonely in his few relationships and b) he had so much success and social status, he believed he could get away with anything. He began small and took bigger and bigger risks.

I wonder if this case will turn out similar, not really provoked by anything Carol & Russell did, but more the circumstance and impulse to carry out a long-held fantasy crime, and a self-confidence that he could get away with it.

JMO

ETA if you want to see a brilliant police interrogation, the interview with Col. Williams is on youtube, in various edited forms.

Last edited:
Since I wrote my last post yesterday, about Carol and Russell not suffering if they were drugged, I have been reconsidering. I think we all agree that GL seems to be a thoroughly nasty piece of work, and I am now wondering what he gets out of killing people. Sadly I am now starting to wonder if he enjoys seeing people suffer. :(:(

What personality type are most pilots?

The facets involved with extraversion include warmth, assertiveness, gregariousness, activity, excitement-seeking and positive emotions. For the most part, pilots are extroverts. They tend to enjoy socializing, seek excitement and exhibit more aggressive behaviors than others.

Every chance alleged killer drugged CC & RH. Perhaps the same way he killed his first wife if he is the killer as alleged. I am also wondering if he didn't drug RH first and then try and have his way with CC and then kill her. Then he needed to dispose of both bodies. Burning site & bodies assist in removing evidence and other signs of method. I have no doubt this guy is a SK and some of the missing persons are his victims. What about the old guy the cyclist who got shot in the north east a few years ago for no reason and survived. There has never been a person charged with this!. All my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13