Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Herald Sun snippet was posted in early December but it was behind a paywall. This article provides further details.

GL has been moved into protective custody since arriving at Melbourne Assessment Prison. High-profile inmates are kept separate from the general population over fears for their safety and it also allows staff to keep a closer eye on the inmate. 'The unit is extremely loud and noisy due to the profile of prisoner in there so he is getting a baptism of fire'. The prison is full of 'noisy, disruptive, unmanageable *advertiser censored**holes' and he has been the subject of intense interest among inmates.

Following 14 days' quarantine he will then spend 23 hours a day locked in his cell, given the nature of his alleged crime, with only one hour a day allowed outside to get fresh air and exercise.

He was said to have 'an obsessive eye for detail, was highly intelligent and calm under pressure', but acquaintances said he was also a self-absorbed, self-contained narcissist.

Jetstar pilot accused of murdering 'secret lovers' suffering 'baptism of fire' prisoners Australia | Daily Mail Online

What personality type are most pilots?

The facets involved with extraversion include warmth, assertiveness, gregariousness, activity, excitement-seeking and positive emotions. For the most part, pilots are extroverts. They tend to enjoy socializing, seek excitement and exhibit more aggressive behaviors than others.
IMO that's a generalization, though. Its like saying every dog has spots or something to that affect. Generalizations can sometimes cloud judgement. Its good to be aware if judgement is being obscured by generalization or simplification.

The facets involved with extraversion include warmth, assertiveness, gregariousness, activity, excitement-seeking and positive emotions. For the most part, pilots are extroverts. They tend to enjoy socializing, seek excitement and exhibit more aggressive behaviors than others.
IMO that's a generalization, though. Its like saying every dog has spots or something to that affect. Generalizations can sometimes cloud judgement. Its good to be aware if judgement is being obscured by generalization or simplification. MOO.

Certainly, I agree the extroverted attributes of excitement-seeking and assertiveness would be required for someone to become a pilot. But the gregariousness or socializing aspects of extroversion are not: Charles Lindberg was famous for not socializing with other pilots or crew, staying home to plan his solo flights and, later, preferring the company of multiple secret lovers.

I'm not sure that the trait of 'warmth' is a facet of extraversion. Perhaps you mean friendliness, which might superficially be assumed to be warmth. However, warmth as a personality feature is associated with agreeableness, with aspects such as compassion and generosity, which I don't think has anything to do with the career choice, or success, of a pilot.

JMO

Last edited:

It’s impossible to generalise what ‘most pilots’ type is. I agree that you will find a lot of extroverts amongst pilots, but there are quite a few loners as well, aspergers aren’t uncommon.
Also socializing - well, they like socializing among themselves, but quite often not with other groups - people get bored listening to pilots droning on and on about flying lol. Some airline pilots love talking with the passengers, others have nothing to say to them.
Seek excitement - some do, others find the excitement of flying enough in their lives. A pilot friend of mine died while hang gliding. My old man wouldn’t go near that kind of thing. So it’s relative. “Aggressive behaviours” is pretty loaded imo. Being assertive and opinionated is pretty common lol. Aggressive - wouldn’t go that far as a ‘typical’ trait.
My take on all the pilots I know - very dedicated to flying and flying right. Can be arrogant and opinionated. Narrow focus of interests, can make them boring to people outside the fraternity.
Usually extroverts, but not always. Like to be doing stuff, but not always thrill seeking. As for character, no different from everyone else - warm, selfish, kind hearted, generous, mean, miserable, chatty, etc etc.

NB: Most pilots I know regard the Top Gun types you see in the movies as morons.

It’s impossible to generalise what ‘most pilots’ type is. I agree that you will find a lot of extroverts amongst pilots, but there are quite a few loners as well, aspergers aren’t uncommon.
Also socializing - well, they like socializing among themselves, but quite often not with other groups - people get bored listening to pilots droning on and on about flying lol. Some airline pilots love talking with the passengers, others have nothing to say to them.
Seek excitement - some do, others find the excitement of flying enough in their lives. A pilot friend of mine died while hang gliding. My old man wouldn’t go near that kind of thing. So it’s relative. “Aggressive behaviours” is pretty loaded imo. Being assertive and opinionated is pretty common lol. Aggressive - wouldn’t go that far as a ‘typical’ trait.
My take on all the pilots I know - very dedicated to flying and flying right. Can be arrogant and opinionated. Narrow focus of interests, can make them boring to people outside the fraternity.
Usually extroverts, but not always. Like to be doing stuff, but not always thrill seeking. As for character, no different from everyone else - warm, selfish, kind hearted, generous, mean, miserable, chatty, etc etc.

NB: Most pilots I know regard the Top Gun types you see in the movies as morons.
Sorry, I have a difficult time visualizing that all pilot's traits are somehow similar or narrowed to a degree. We could say piloting is an exciting line of work or a challenging line of work but again that's occupation not the individual. IMO in a lot of cases narrowing the individual's outlook on life is detrimental when it comes to investigating something. For example we know that GL's previous wife died under sad circumstances and that the circumstances surrounding her death may warrant another look by LE but we know that. I'm just saying that I wouldn't look at all pilots in the same light because who knows some may be religious people and their outlook on life is guided in that manner. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to debate but just pointing out something. MOO

You have the it around the wrong way. The problem is not the likelihood of pilot group psychologies progressing to murder but rather it is the proportion of murderers who had pilot group psychologies before the murder, whether being pilots or not. The first is a very low percentage, the second is significant. The same can be said of wife beaters proceeding to murder. A tiny percentage have proceeded to murder but of those who did kill, wife beating was very high. In both cases it helps substantiate the charge but statistically did not predict the murder. People who harm animals are in a similar sub-group.

You have the it around the wrong way. The problem is not the likelihood of pilot group psychologies progressing to murder but rather it is the proportion of murderers who had pilot group psychologies before the murder, whether being pilots or not. The first is a very low percentage, the second is significant. The same can be said of wife beaters proceeding to murder. A tiny percentage have proceeded to murder but of those who did kill, wife beating was very high. In both cases it helps substantiate the charge but statistically did not predict the murder. People who harm animals are in a similar sub-group.
Unfortunately, we can't say for certain who is going to be hurting someone else, we can go by some statisitics of course. But there is no way to predict who will be like that. Even people who are close to these people often cannot tell or don't know unless there is some catalyst in their lives that will make the individual do what they are going to do to another person. I'm sorry to say but human nature cannot be scientifically predicted. We can go based on satistics but there is no way to predict. In the end all these people who commit these atrocities the thing they don't want is to get caught will blame the victim. MOO.

What about the old guy the cyclist who got shot in the north east a few years ago for no reason and survived. There has never been a person charged with this!.

The "old guy" was 72 yo Kelvin Tennant, who was badly wounded by an unknown gunman near a "dark sedan". Happened in Everton, about 90km NW of Won in Feb 2017. No known motive. Seems the culprit was just someone who had a hankering for a quick thrill at some poor random soul's expense. Different car, different location, but you have to wonder if this event shares the same perpetrator as that who got Carol and Russell. JMO.

The "old guy" was 72 yo Kelvin Tennant, who was badly wounded by an unknown gunman near a "dark sedan". Happened in Everton, about 90km NW of Won in Feb 2017. No known motive. Seems the culprit was just someone who had a hankering for a quick thrill at some poor random soul's expense. Different car, different location, but you have to wonder if this event shares the same perpetrator as that who got Carol and Russell. JMO.
I had never heard of Kelvin Tennant before, and have just read up about him. The man is incredibly lucky to have survived - 1 bullet in the chest, and 2 in the head! That attacker sure meant business. However, there don't seem to have been any similar attacks, which is a bit odd. I guess it is possible that GL was responsible - but maybe we'll never know unless he admits to it.

Certainly, I agree the extroverted attributes of excitement-seeking and assertiveness would be required for someone to become a pilot. But the gregariousness or socializing aspects of extroversion are not: Charles Lindberg was famous for not socializing with other pilots or crew, staying home to plan his solo flights and, later, preferring the company of multiple secret lovers.

I'm not sure that the trait of 'warmth' is a facet of extraversion. Perhaps you mean friendliness, which might superficially be assumed to be warmth. However, warmth as a personality feature is associated with agreeableness, with aspects such as compassion and generosity, which I don't think has anything to do with the career choice, or success, of a pilot.

JMO
Depending on the airline they will do a battery of personality tests (again in most cases) airlines will psych test first to ensure they fit the right profile they are looking for and then interview them to ensure the valuation matches rather than wasting the companies time. Compliance/problem solving/communication skills are high up on the list ….. the last thing you want are 2 people sitting next to each for 8 hours in a small space operating a multi million dollar piece of equipment for perhaps several days, wanting to do it their own way.

I just now am seeing that their remains were found and the suspect arrested. And trying to catch up which is probably impossible considering I’m so far behind, so…. may I ask if there is a known motive as to why GL murdered these poor people? TIA

I just now am seeing that their remains were found and the suspect arrested. And trying to catch up which is probably impossible considering I’m so far behind, so…. may I ask if there is a known motive as to why GL murdered these poor people? TIA

No known motive—none that’s been made public, anyway.

No there isn't. I know what you mean because on other threads I've had to go back right to the beginning to try and understand what happened. Sometimes it takes a a long while, but its worth it because one gets to know aspects of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader