Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the first report of anyone seeing the burned campsite was at about 2pm the following day, when a hiker saw it.
As GL was apparently on the move that same night, the police have been able to narrow down the time to sometime prior to midnight.

"Police are now certain the couple died within 18 hours after Mr Hill's last message, as a passing hiker saw the burned-out campsite about 2pm the next day."
Twist in case of two missing campers as cops KNOW who was near campsite amid affair | Daily Mail Online

The vehicle was captured on roadside cameras driving on The Great Alpine Road and matched a description of a car witnesses saw parked near their campsite and heard leaving the area about midnight.
New clues in mystery of missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay
Now we wait for the court trial to find out what exactly occurred that sad night. IMO attempts will be made to make it look less devastating than it actually was. But I'll be listening and watching for that, because it shouldn't have happened at all.

It seemed to take a long time to identify the remains. I wonder if the alleged perpetrator had experience with methods of making identification difficult? I say this as there appeared to be no physical evidence of Russell or Carol at the camping site and he seemed efficient at covering his tracks pretty well.

Deepest condolences to the families & friends of Russell & Carol, who’ve lost their loved ones in such terrible circumstances.

@Motomike, so sorry for the loss of your long-time camping buddy.

And Thank You. Your contribution to this discussion has been invaluable, giving us first-hand information on camping in the Wonnangatta Valley, Russell’s camping habits & his personality, helping us to see Russell & Carol as real people….not just 2 more unfortunate victims.

It seemed to take a long time to identify the remains. I wonder if the alleged perpetrator had experience with methods of making identification difficult? I say this as there appeared to be no physical evidence of Russell or Carol at the camping site and he seemed efficient at covering his tracks pretty well.

A bittersweet day for the families. Confirmation of worst fears but at least now funerals can be held and loved ones put to rest.
Peace won't come until after trial, unless of course it plays out without the "why" question being answered.

I too wonder about the length of time it took to identify the remains. Is it possible they found evidence of more than two?

Edited for typo

Last edited:
A bittersweet day for the families. Confirmation of worst fears but at least now funerals can be held and loved ones put to rest.
Peace won't come until after trial, unless of course it plays out without the "why" question being answered.

I too wonder about the length of time it took to identify the remains. Is it possible they found evidence of more than two?

Edited for typo
Maybe just affected by COVID delays

BBM - Certainly couldn't Google it in a hurry that fateful night.

Maybe just affected by COVID delays

And, terrible though the situation is, their official identification could be classified as ‘non-urgent,’ since I’m sure LE felt confident of their identities. So I’d guess that any DNA testing that might give LE a call to action might have priority.

MOO and speculations

Harking back a bit, I suppose the reason it took me so long to agree that something horrible had befallen these 2 people, is that I just could not imagine that anything so evil could have happened to them. I guess I have lived a somewhat sheltered life.

The video IMO raises some compelling questions. I mean look at what happened to the last gentleman Kelvin Tennant. He was shot three times and left to die on that trail in 2017. One would think it was 2017 and cameras are everywhere but that individual hasn't been caught. Very disturbing. There are these kinds of people out there and its not just in the high country in Australia. Like I've said in the past criminals don't want to get caught so they will try to evade. IMO there has to be a reason that whoever shot Mr. Tennant hasn't been caught and that is because they probably knew how to evade it. We can't say for sure what happened to the four men who disappeared when there are these individuals around. Look at where Warren Meyer's phone last pinged it does raise questions. But how did they dispose of the body. Perhaps in a leakproof dufflebag. Its also disturbing that no bullets were found in the area when there were shots fired. Mr Meyer's blood could have been washed off with water so not to leave a trace. I don't like thinking about these kinds of scenes but its a possibility based on what the witnesses saw. So its important to keep an open mind when it comes to these kinds of disappearances. Yes resources are at stake but "What if?"

I wonder if they’re trying to find a link between GL and the other missing people. The cars described by some close to the area didn’t match GL’s patrol- but he may well of had access to another vehicle.
Then there’s the common theme of them disappearing completely- GL so nearly got away with this with RH & CC. Perhaps LE are interviewing his family to obtain dates he possibly took off alone that may match with these disappearances, or they could obtain phone records to see if he made any calls in the area at that time.
Scary to think of it’s not him- someone else is out there doing it

I wonder if they’re trying to find a link between GL and the other missing people. The cars described by some close to the area didn’t match GL’s patrol- but he may well of had access to another vehicle.
Then there’s the common theme of them disappearing completely- GL so nearly got away with this with RH & CC. Perhaps LE are interviewing his family to obtain dates he possibly took off alone that may match with these disappearances, or they could obtain phone records to see if he made any calls in the area at that time.
They are investigating everything! His first wife, the lady in Doha and all missing people in the area.

Some of these people are so brazen its unbelievable. It is scary. But then there are those scenarios where there's an indication of something nefarious happening but can't be proven. Like in the case where they collected the bullets at around 9:00AM in the morning and were shooting but didn't leave a trace. The witness heard it and was afraid to go out to check. The witness only went and checked the area after a couple of hours. IMO that was a wise thing to do but still its so isolated and remote that's the concern. It looks like the witness moved from he area. That's sad also because it appears he and his family had been there for a long time until this occurred. Very brazen, the audacity of such behavior but the reality is that as in Kelvin Tennent's case it can happen. And its extremely sad.

Another question that has just occurred to me is if the accused GL was there at those times and other cases associated to him that would lead to a much wider net and that makes me wonder if there was help given to evade LE to not get caught. But that doesn't mean that a single homocidal individual can't evade LE on their own unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321