Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The google streetview shows it was white in September 2016, Blue in July 2019 and Beige in June 2021. It was registered as White according to a channel 9 report.

I hope your husband is doing better now.
Isn't that convenient registered as white but changed the color afterwards. Did he do something in between to change the color to blue? We just don't know. Maybe LE can find out, hopefully they can if he did.
I think accused has disposed of the bodies in a rush after the alleged murders. Departed and returned at a later date to place logs and endeavored to burn the evidence including the bodies. The Age journalist had the button man as the key suspect every time he spoke about the disappearance. I actually believe the police are a long way from proving GL is the killer. GL on remand would be on the receiving end of every trick in the book to gather further evidence that assists in proving guilt. As I have said previously why would an accused risk life in jail by talking when they can just choose to remain silent and be no worse off. I think police have had GL in the frame for many months and felt the time was right to pounce and lay charges because the police had exhausted their efforts to obtain any more information from GL's activities. Make no mistake I believe we are dealing with a SK.
Modern SK's are pretty meticulous and methodical. They can be detected by technology if they aren't as I just mentioned in the last sentence. Although they can also have the attitude "I won't get caught because I've done it before," and that's where they get caught. So even modern ones have the same attitude. Its just an observation maybe it applies in this case.

My friend sent through a precis of the Herald Sun article:
P1:
The bodies of High Country campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay were burned after they were killed.
In a grisly twist in the Wonnangatta Valley double murder case, the Saturday Herald Sun can reveal the victims were incinerated in bushland near Arbuckle Junction, in a remote area of East Gippsland.
The blaze, lit within metres of where the two were found, may have been an attempt to destroy their remains.
P5:
The bodies of High Country campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay were burned after they were killed.
In a grisly twist in the Wonnangatta Valley double murder, the Herald Sun can reveal the victims were incinerated in a fire lit in bush near Arbuckle Junction, in a remote area of East Gippsland.
It is believed the campers were burned within metres of where they were found buried near the Union Spur Track.
The missing persons squad used the same arson chemists who examined the initial burnt-out campsite at Wonnangatta in March last year during a painstaking inspection of the Arbuckle Junction scene last week.
Police have seized guns from Mr Lynn, a licensed firearms owner, since he was arrested. They will be examined as part of the complex inquiry.
The HS believes Mr Lynn was flying Jetstar planes for a brief period after being identified as one of the figures of interest to investigators.
However, he was grounded for most of that period because flights were grounded because of pandemic restrictions.
Mr Lynn also had significant health issues that had ruled him out of taking the controls of a plane for some time.
Mr Lynn's social media page claimed a bee sting resulted in him being admitted to hospital.
Police are still looking for a trailer allegedly used to transport the missing campers from Wonnangatta to the burial site.
Detectives believe it was sold on Gumtree between March and July last year. Mr Hill’s drone has not been found.
[ENDS]
There are multiple problems with this article.
1. AFAIK, the police have not claimed the trailer was used to transport Mr Hill or Ms Clay's remains. The Police want to find it and examine it. This claim by the HS may reflect a theory the police have, and perhaps the journalist was told this.
2. If Mr Lynn was continuing to fly after being identified as a person of interest, that would suggest sometime in the middle to second part of last year. But the the HS says, Mr Lynn had "significant health issues". How HS knows any of this, it does not say.
And finally...see next post....
I’m sorry I find it offensive to click like on your post but I appreciate your post and so informative

I noticed that and thought maybe it was white, then blue and then beige. It's a 1997 year model and if he's had it from new or near new, then it may well have been resprayed twice since.
But 95% of people don't bother painting. I see if you mean another owner bought it white and repainted it to sell it But I believe (I'm pretty sure) that the changes in paint color were recorded or captured in his driveway by google maps or other photos.

Hi Alicia….had lunch with 3 retired Kendall Airline Pilots they all thought they knew Lisa and also mentioned that she lived in Mount Macedon…..if so do you know what year it was? Also had a catch up with some Jetstar crew - it would appear that many First Officers would not leave the Flight Deck if they were flying with GL.
May I respectfully ask why they wouldn't? Did they think that his flying skills weren't up to scratch? Or wondered if he might do something stupid? Or suicidal?

And lastly, before I go to bed - it has just occurred to me that we may have all "bitten off our noses to spite our faces", as the old saying goes. Because although we would all be brilliant, and indeed invaluable, on a jury, unfortunately we would all know everything about the case already, and would probably therefore be booted off. :D

May I respectfully ask why they wouldn't? Did they think that his flying skills weren't up to scratch? Or wondered if he might do something stupid? Or suicidal?
Hi Kemug…..apologies I should have been more precise…..definitely not that he was a bad pilot if anything he was excellent with standard operating procedures…more so that gut feeling ….something you just can’t put your finger on.

Do you mean the current Mrs L? So she survived.
I was talking to a Qantas flightee of near 30 years …. It was that the second wife in Doha who allegedly passed away from falling off a balcony (given that nothing has been confirmed it could be mere speculation). All I can say between Jetstar/Qatar/Ansett/Qantas crew rooms are going into overdrive with this.

I was talking to a Qantas flightee of near 30 years …. It was that the second wife in Doha who allegedly passed away from falling off a balcony (given that nothing has been confirmed it could be mere speculation). All I can say between Jetstar/Qatar/Ansett/Qantas crew rooms are going into overdrive with this.
If I'm following correctly it sounds as though GL had three relationships. The first wife sadly died, then a girlfriend possibly, fell off the balcony in Doha, and the current wife. ASFAIK he was married twice. It sounds like the second relationship was a girlfriend who fell off the balcony. I could be wrong here but I think this is the sequence.

If I'm following correctly it sounds as though GL had three relationships. The first wife sadly died, then a girlfriend possibly, fell off the balcony in Doha, and the current wife. ASFAIK he was married twice. It sounds like the second relationship was a girlfriend who fell off the balcony. I could be wrong here but I think this is the sequence.

I believe from what I have read on a previous thread that he married in Doha - due to the “nature of the land”.

RSBM
And yes, police will need start revealing their case to the accused in May of next year for the preliminary committal hearings. That is why the date is so far off: the police have said the brief they are compiling is complex and large....

I believe a large part of the delay is due to the fact that the investigation is still ongoing. Stamper said, “there is still a long way to go” before any remains are confirmed with DNA tests expected to take weeks. To date they haven't been formally identified, they still haven't located the trailer and they may also be looking at other people who have gone missing including GL's first wife.

As it's been described as a very complex investigation, I'm sure there's a lot to be done before they start getting their brief together but they've said a brief of evidence against GL will be ready by April 19.

If he has admitted where he hid the bodies it's hard to see how he has much of a defence? Hard to kill 2 people by accident (manslaughter) in a heated confrontation

I wonder if they are looking into his past now?

I've been wondering why, if police knew his plate number (how hard can it have been to figure out even if it wasn't clear on CCTV) - why they did the TV appeal?

One newspaper said this was a trap. I wonder what the accused did after that story broke?

Did they hope he would reveal the location of the bodies, or otherwise incriminate himself?

I've been wondering why, if police knew his plate number (how hard can it have been to figure out even if it wasn't clear on CCTV) - why they did the TV appeal?

One newspaper said this was a trap. I wonder what the accused did after that story broke?

Did they hope he would reveal the location of the bodies, or otherwise incriminate himself?

This is the image that was released:

GL Car & trailer.JPG

Good luck if you can read the plate number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader