Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the defendant testify is usually a last resort.
I can only say that if I were innocent, I'd definitely want to testify. On the other hand, if I were guilty, I'd let counsel do the talking to avoid cross-examination at all costs.

Counsel don't tell their clients whether or not to testify as this can seriously backfire. What they would do is explain the ramifications of getting in the box. The decision is always up to the client.

I haven't read of him being asked about it and can't believe he wasn't. It was for sale on Gumtree but the ad was removed 2 days later. I would have thought Gumtree provided that information but we've never heard anything further.

April 1 — Police allege Mr Lynn tried to sell his trailer on Gumtree in an attempt to distance himself from the deaths. The trailer has never been located. (bbm)

Note that police say "tried". From this I gather that no sale was completed or recorded in Gumtree's records.

As a poster suggested earlier, the Gumtree ad could have been a ruse on Lynn's part to make it look like he sold it.

Alternatively, he may have had second thoughts and decided that selling it was too risky and withdrew the ad, deciding to dispose of it another way.

I will be very surprised if the jury has warmed to him. He is obviously someone who puts himself before others, he made a pretty luke-warm apology to the families, and there was no real explanation of why he felt he needed to completely obliterate Carol's and Russell's bodies.

there was no real explanation of why he felt he needed to completely obliterate Carol's and Russell's bodies.

Yep, recall that at first he said he left the bodies deliberately beside a trail so that they would be found.

Edit: Although later I believe he said that he wanted to make them disappear completely, or words to that effect.

Last edited:
There was some laughter between the 2 of them. There was some holding of hands and the occasional hug.
Makes me feel sick and disgusted. Feel for Carol and Russell’s families and friends if they saw this. Everything seems to be ‘All about the Lynn’s’. They lack empathy and respect. Hope they won’t be laughing next week.

Makes me feel sick and disgusted. Feel for Carol and Russell’s families and friends if they saw this. Everything seems to be ‘All about the Lynn’s’. They lack empathy and respect. Hope they won’t be laughing next week.

AFAIK, we are not aware at what point in the trial that observed behaviour occurred? For all we know it may have been when the prosecution appeared to have scored a good point against Lynn.

OTOH, if they are there to support him, then they are on the wrong team, IMO.

Last edited:
Lynn said he sold on Gumtree to an Asian man. Police verified that there had been an add placed . It could be just part of his elaborate cover up, as no one came forward to say they bought it. Maybe he did dump in lake & created the add as diversion.
Thank you. I must have missed that. I would have thought that whoever bought it would have contacted the police as there was massive coverage of the entire story, especially the fact that they were looking for the trailer.

It's strange that he has no proof of anything he did.

Lynn said he sold on Gumtree to an Asian man.
And of course he can't prove that because he would say "the man paid cash".

The police said his wife wasn't under investigation, but I just can't believe she wasn't very suspicious that he'd committed the murders. She had already commented to him that the car and trailer looked like his. Did she not think it strange that he sold the trailer? Trailers must have number plates, so what lame excuse did he have for selling it without one? Add to that she photographed him painting his car - the third time in 7 years.

If the bullet hit the mirror and then hit Carol surely the vehicle would show signs of damage?. Was the vehicle and scene of the crime forensically examined to determine angle of shot & direction of blood splatter etc?. Was the police examination of RH & CC campsite methodical or did they botch this?

If the bullet hit the mirror and then hit Carol surely the vehicle would show signs of damage?. Was the vehicle and scene of the crime forensically examined to determine angle of shot & direction of blood splatter etc?. Was the police examination of RH & CC campsite methodical or did they botch this?
If it was a shotgun slug it would have blown straight through and left a hole you could fit your thumb in.

Yes, it was forensically examined. That is how they found Carol's blood and fatty tissue under the vehicle's canopy (despite Lynn 'cleaning' it), and the plastic and glass fragments.

Leah Thowless, crime scene examiner, testified at the trial.

Lynn ripped the mirror from the vehicle and burned it in the fire.

a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member