Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

‘He was selfish’: Greg Lynn covered up deaths because he believed he would be blamed, murder trial told​

Great link to this post Tootsiefootsie. There's some great lines in there.

My personal favourites:

"Greg Lynn covered up deaths because he believed he would be blamed."

(Why on earth did he believe he would be blamed?!!)

and

"Dann said his client had already offered to plead guilty to destroying evidence."

(Some kind of feeble attempt to establish his goodwill and bona fides?)

(Italics are my opinions only.)

JMO

IIRC there was no real evidence about Borce Ristevski manslaughtering (murdering imo) his wife, Karen.

But there was plenty of evidence about Borce driving to Mount Macedon Regional Park, a surly man carrying a shovel at that location, Karen being found there 8 months later, wedged between two logs and covered in dirt and leaf litter.
Karen's phone - which was never found - pinging along the route to Mount Macedon Regional Park, at the same time as Borce's phone.

And the police could not determine how Karen had died, because 8 months is a long time in which bodily evidence disappears.

Even though Borce never faced the murder trial, he eventually pleaded guilty to killing Karen.

Actions after the killing(s) DO MATTER.

imo

Last edited:
Dear Mr Dann
I wouldn't want to upset your theory about "the complete factual vacuum" of the Prosecution's case, but I would just like to ask you the following question: Throughout your career, exactly how many of your cases have involved the accidental deaths of  two people? (with different weapons). No hurry, get back to me when you're ready.

"You've got to put yourself in Mr Lynn's shoes, presuming of course that he's innocent.
"This was a disaster ... of course he's thinking about himself, of course he's selfish, of course he was callous."

Lynn's wife Melanie and son [G] sat in front of him and behind his lawyers in court on Wednesday, holding hands and nodding along in full view of the jury.

Dear Mr Dann
I wouldn't want to upset your theory about "the complete factual vacuum" of the Prosecution's case, but I would just like to ask you the following question: Throughout your career, exactly how many of your cases have involved the accidental deaths of  two people? (with different weapons). No hurry, get back to me when you're ready.
It's pretty obvious to me he has no defense case, just digs at the prosecution :rolleyes:

IMO

Wow…. That’s quite a statement about his sense of morality (or lack thereof), and empathy (or lack thereof) for others….

Sounds to me like a clear statement of a life philosophy that revolves around “look after number one!” Vs “treat thy neighbours as thyself”…

:rolleyes: :oops:
JMO

I can't help but imagine if as a pilot, he were involved in an emergency landing where there was a fire in the cabin, he'd be shoving passengers out of the way to get to the exit first.

I can't believe he actually said in court that he hadn't considered going to the police until it was mentioned! What?? So it never occurred to him immediately after the 'deaths of RH & CC' ... a) do I go to the Police or b) do I cover this up? I was under the belief he had previously said (I think it was during the initial 3 day interview with Police) that if he went to the police, he'd be seen as the perpetrator, so he must have considered his options at some point in time.
I'm now starting to wonder if he went to their campsite under the cover of darkness to annoy them (with a fully loaded gun), was seen by Russell and an argument ensued and perhaps he shot Russell out of rage and then found Carol cowering by the passenger side door and shot her too, leaving no witnesses. Maybe that's the reason he went to so much effort when he burnt and obliterated the bones to dust, knowing it would be impossible to prove how Russell was actually killed. I certainly don't believe RH 'fell onto a kitchen knife' story.
His story is sooo unbelievable that it could be believable ... but it's not!!
Another thing, sadly, I think his family are also victims of his crime but in a different manner to RH & CC's families. It must be really tough to hear what they've recently heard in court. This is another case where there are no winners ... just devastated families.

Dear Mr Dann

Right. The factual vacuum (so called) is because the killer destroyed so much of the evidence to conceal cause of death. This he comes up with a highly implausible explanation of how he killed two different people by accident.

MOO

What is chilling is that a male who has apparently never killed before was willing and able to clean up the bloody gory mess of two deceased people and then place them in a trailer and then hide them and then return months later to burn them.. Keep in mind this was all carried out without breathing a word to anyone about what happened in March 2020 until the day of his arrest. I think we have a serial killer on our hands and this performance is part of the thrill of the kill when someone tires of the killing and wishes to play a bigger game.

What is chilling is that a male who has apparently never killed before was willing and able to clean up the bloody gory mess of two deceased people and then place them in a trailer and then hide them and then return months later to burn them.. Keep in mind this was all carried out without breathing a word to anyone about what happened in March 2020 until the day of his arrest. I think we have a serial killer on our hands and this performance is part of the thrill of the kill when someone tires of the killing and wishes to play a bigger game.
I wonder if certain missing items could be kept as “trophies” then…?

I can't believe he actually said in court that he hadn't considered going to the police until it was mentioned! What?? So it never occurred to him immediately after the 'deaths of RH & CC' ... a) do I go to the Police or b) do I cover this up? I was under the belief he had previously said (I think it was during the initial 3 day interview with Police) that if he went to the police, he'd be seen as the perpetrator, so he must have considered his options at some point in time.
I'm now starting to wonder if he went to their campsite under the cover of darkness to annoy them (with a fully loaded gun), was seen by Russell and an argument ensued and perhaps he shot Russell out of rage and then found Carol cowering by the passenger side door and shot her too, leaving no witnesses. Maybe that's the reason he went to so much effort when he burnt and obliterated the bones to dust, knowing it would be impossible to prove how Russell was actually killed. I certainly don't believe RH 'fell onto a kitchen knife' story.
His story is sooo unbelievable that it could be believable ... but it's not!!
Another thing, sadly, I think his family are also victims of his crime but in a different manner to RH & CC's families. It must be really tough to hear what they've recently heard in court. This is another case where there are no winners ... just devastated families.
GL told police that before the fatal incident he thought the couple ‘were trying to have fun in bed’ - I wonder why he would think, or even say that (what relevance does it have to his story) - if that was true it seems a bit odd that Russell would then get up, get dressed and then go take GLs gun. Maybe the couple were in bed when GL committed the ‘fatal incident’

GL told police that before the fatal incident he thought the couple ‘were trying to have fun in bed’ - I wonder why he would think, or even say that (what relevance does it have to his story) - if that was true it seems a bit odd that Russell would then get up, get dressed and then go take GLs gun. Maybe the couple were in bed when GL committed the ‘fatal incident’

Yes, I totally agree as to why the hell would he even mention RH & CC in bed trying to have fun! Way too much detail and very tacky. I do think it's very possible they actually were in bed, got worried with GL creeping/stalking around the tent and maybe they did jump up and go to see what was going on and the rest is history.
One thing that does support the above theory of them being in bed was that in one of the photo's shown of some burnt items at the Bucks Camp site (the up close photo where the items were laid out on a cloth), there was a pair of bra underwires which makes me think Carol was in her jammies and not wearing her bra ... unless she took a spare one which I'd have to doubt as she was only away for a few days from memory. I wonder if any underwires were found at the Union Spur burial site?

Being in bed would explain why the sleeping bags went missing too…. Could GL have been jealous they were having “fun” and he wasn’t? Decided to intrude and film them perhaps? I very much doubt GL would have heard anything whatsoever unless he was right up close outside their tent…?

Further to the above point, methinks there could be something very significant in that apparently irrelevant and tacky comment re “trying to have fun”…. Why TRYING??? Is this a projection of his own jealousies or insecurities..? Did he seek to humiliate them in some way by invading their privacy? Perhaps he threatened to disclose their cheating and took video footage? Some kind of vouyerism perhaps? All 100% conjecture but possible…. Could missing boots and sleeping bags be some kind of a fetish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika