Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If GL found the idea of 2 people in their 70's "having fun in bed" funny or repulsive (which is the sort of immature attitude which might be expected from teenagers), has he ever stopped to consider what some people might think of a 56 year old (I believe?) overweight man doing likewise?

"He thought he was going to be blamed for the deaths and he was 100 per cent correct," Dann told the court in Melbourne.

I am absolutely sure that at least a few of the 12 people will see through these type of comments.

The last couple of days from the defence has felt a bit like... "buy our car, don't buy theirs. Their car has all these problems. Our car is faultless."

A jury tasked with deciding the fate of former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn has been warned they don't have any evidence to convict him upon - and were asked: 'Does that sit well with you?'
Responding to my own post.
How does it sit with the jury that GL destroyed all the evidence ?
Or thought he did.

At court the other day he did say that it did not occur to him to go to LE (he just wanted to distance himself as much as possible).
That's interesting... I would have thought that means one of two scenarios...
1.) you're in shock and are truly affected by the situation and mentally respond this way and or disassociate (however would you not still think about LE to some degree manslaughter or murder, and how do you distance yourself as much as possible when you're messing with moving bodies,burning, destroying evidence, painting your car, modifying, that just doesn't make sense to me, surely that meant he was thinking of being caught by LE and associated to the incident...imo)

2.) you knew what you did and wanted to distance yourself because well if LE are made aware early on they would have found out what really happened and you don't want to go to prison so you distance yourself to not get caught

Did he specify further?

Last edited:
Lynn also told the detectives he believed the pair had been in bed shortly before the confrontation.

“He was trying to have fun in bed, and I was playing music that he didn’t like [that was] loud, and he lost his temper,” Lynn said, adding that Hill and Clay appeared to be in pyjamas.

He said the music he played was “not offensive albums or anything, but from my generation, not his”.

When you come to think of it, he's nearly 60 and they were in their 70s.
I guess he doesn't like to think of himself as a nearly 60 year old man.

That line about the music sounds like he's a teenager who likes to play loud music and one who looks down on "older" people.
Is there a word for someone who doesn't like "old" people.

That line about the music sounds like he's a teenager who likes to play loud music and one who looks down on "older" people.
Is there a word for people who doesn't like "old" people.
Discriminagophobia?

Last edited:
Perhaps that’s why the guns came out… the next closest thing GL had to assert male dominance and power….? Attack elderly folk having fun and terrorise then in the most dehumanising way at a time they least expected?? That would be a very good reason why he would not even thinking of going to police… and why he’d want to destroy every shred of evidence… and burn bodies…
Exactly!

Is there a word for someone who doesn't like "old" people.
imo immature

Did they ever recover the drone and the mobile phones that he said he tossed into the river at Rose River Road.

I don't think so. The Age quotes the prosecutor as saying that given the later removal of the drone and phones from the scene, it is likely there was footage on the drone. Link
(Maybe on the phones too?)
I think the police would know more if they found those items.

Interesting that all of the most valuable evidence has never been found ... trailer, phones, drone. Despite Lynn's "cooperation and completely truthful account".

imo

Jurors in the double-murder trial of former Jetstar captain Gregory Lynn will hear the presiding judge “summing up” the case as they return to court on Thursday for the final stages of the trial.

Jurors in the double-murder trial of former Jetstar captain Gregory Lynn will hear the presiding judge “summing up” the case as they return to court on Thursday for the final stages of the trial.

Thanks. What the judge has to say will be very interesting. I hope we get decent reportage of it.

Mr Dann labelled Mr Porceddu “Old Clouseau” – a reference to the clumsy fictional detective in the Pink Panther series — accusing him of taking a “series of desperate and ill-fated tactical manoeuvres” that at times broke the rules of fairness.

Dann has been quite rude to the prosecutor. I hope the jury realizes that and Dann gets to eat crow come the verdict.

If labels are called for I'd suggest this: Lynn is The Terminator and The Incinerator.

Thanks. What the judge has to say will be very interesting. I hope we get decent reportage of it.
Not just interesting. Likely to influence the jury too. When the judge speaks, everybody listens.

Like you, I hope we get to hear what he says and I think we will.

'The Missing Campers' podcast is giving the trial excellent coverage and they have been using voice actors to deliver what is actually being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth