Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for the family and friends having to wait through all this.
Probably had to arrange accommodation for who knows how long the verdict will take.

There are most likely family and friends not able to get to the court at all, illness, age and finances.

Do you get less of a sentence if you're found guilty of one but not the other ?
I think the answer would be yes. But it wouldn't be half as much. A lot of things in Australia tend to fall under 'time to be served concurrently'. Whereas in the US they tend to just add sentences together, resulting in much longer sentences being served.

Must admit, I prefer the US system in that regard.

I prefer the Australian system.
But everyone is different.
I don't get why the first person you kill is worth say 25 years and the next person you kill is only worth (in real terms) say 5 years?

If I was the family of the second person killed I would be particularly p....ed about that kind of result for my dead relative.

I’m always reading and save articles I think are interesting and informative. While we sit on hands waiting, you might like to read it. This would have been perfect in this case IMO.

How 3D scanning rebuilds crime scenes for courtrooms

How 3D scanning rebuilds crime scenes for courtrooms
This is amazing , watching the them at the Lindt siege inquest blew my mind ( most wasn't published in MSM due to graphic nature , ie Monis's body etc ) & listening to the crime scene guy talk about & actually work the program in real time in the court room was amazing.

Links here to some of it 3D reconstruction videos reveal sniper positions during siege stand-off

We got to see exactly from every sniper vantage point & what they could actually see etc

I don't think it was widely used back then ( 2014 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay