Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think so? They haven't proven either of the above beyond a reasonable doubt to me.

Fine. You're welcome to your opinion.

I certainly wouldn't want you on my jury if I was innocent in an unlikely scenario, which can and do happen all the time.

But it isn't about you. It's about Lynn who is as guilty as hell in my opinion.

The jury will begin deliberating at 10am today, and it could take them hours, days or even weeks before reaching a verdict.
All jurors must unanimously agree on whether Lynn is guilty or not guilty of the two separate murder charges, before the verdicts can be delivered.

If one juror disagrees, they will not be able to reach a verdict and a fresh trial could be ordered.

The jury will only consider the two murder charges against Lynn as the alternative offences of manslaughter were thrown out.

If I was a juror I wouldn't be able to get out of my mind what he did to Russell and Carol's bodies.
That and all the other destruction and changes made to what would have been evidence.
It's very convenient when you are the only one left to tell the story but GL is lucky I'm not on the jury because I am convinced beyond a reason doubt he is guilty.

I'm worried about the outcome. On the last thread I posted:

Porceddu accused GL of firing several shots at CC, later telling police there were shots fired into the air as a “cover” for if others had heard. [Funny that because I thought the same thing. Russell had no reason whatsoever to fire any shots into the air at all.]

Dann, interjected, saying it was “improper” for the prosecution to make up a version of events “in desperation”.
The Judge agreed, saying the prosecution was “inventing” an account without evidence.

IMO Porceddu could/should have said, "Your Honour, I submit that your comment can be applied to the defendant's account. He has no evidence to support his version at all".

I won't be at all surprised if we don't get a verdict today.

Poor RH and CC, GL destroyed any evidence that would help tell their side of the story. GL made sure of that. I believe that yes destroying evidence was to protect himself, but because he is guilty of their murders.
I think the only "reasonable" conclusion is that GL murdered them and then did everything he could to destroy the evidence. To me, an innocent person does not go to those lengths when the evidence should prove that you are innocent. He destroyed the evidence because he knew that it would prove that he murdered them.
I just get the feeling that this is not his first rodeo.

All IMOO of course!

I can’t see how all jurors would opt for a NG charge, that’s a lot. Chatter among family and friends, I’d say 10% are on the fence, most indicated G. 12 Not Guilty’s is very hard to see.

Surely this is heading for a retrial or simply a G verdict.

Still Missing - Australia - Amber Haigh, 19, still missing, NSW, 5 June 2002 *Arrests*

Was just reading this post in Amber's thread , sorta similar story to this case ie argument, struggle , gun went off, panic & scene cleaned - defense was it was an accident & jury found not guilty & believed it was an accident :eek:
( New trial was supposed to start today for Amber)

I hate the justice system sometimes.

Author: Eamonn Duff eduff@fairfaxmedia.com.au
Date: 06/12/2009

One woman is dead and one woman is missing.

Something bad - something awful - has happened here.

Even the police are predicting "a story to unfold like no other".

The story involves Janelle Goodwin, a pregnant 29-year-old who was shot in the head.

Another central character is orchard worker Robert Geeves, who admits dumping her naked body in a wheelbarrow.

Amber never knew Janelle Goodwin. They met their fates almost a decade apart, but they do have place and one person in common - the bed of Harden shire orchard worker Robert Geeves.

Ms Goodwin was first. At the age of 29, and pregnant to Mr Geeves, her body was discovered in a barrow beneath a tarp inside a shearing shed behind his Kingsvale farmhouse on June 21, 1993.

She was naked, tied from ankles to throat, wrapped in bed sheets with a shopping bag over her head. She had been shot through the nose at close range with a .22 rifle.

Police were called a day after the shooting. Mr Geeves confessed to putting her body in the shed. They had been drinking. They argued, then struggled. The gun went off. He panicked. He cleaned the scene.

It was a terrible accident.

Mr Geeves was charged with murder, pleading not guilty. A magistrate discharged him in Cootamundra Local Court due to insufficient evidence. The ruling meant the case could be prosecuted in the future.

And it was. Police reapplied the heat after Mr Geeves and wife Anne contacted police on June 19, 2002, to report that Amber Haigh - another of his live-in lovers - had vanished in the night.

The resurrected investigation led to Mr Geeves being tried in the NSW Supreme Court over Ms Goodwin's death. Prosecutors were confident: they had ballistics advice and fresh witness statements. The trial took more than three years. Mr Geeves was found not guilty of murder. The jury members agreed: it was a terrible accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader