Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would have been perfect in this case IMO.

How 3D scanning rebuilds crime scenes for courtrooms
This is amazing - links here to some of it 3D reconstruction videos reveal sniper positions during siege stand-off. We got to see exactly from every sniper vantage point & what they could actually see etc.
Hi @JudgeJudi - thank you for sharing! YES! YES! YES! I agree, perfect indeed.

Hi @drsleuth - thank you for sharing! OMG & F - - R K!

I truly believe the jury will deliver justice for Carol Clay & Russell Hill.

Moo.

Russell accidentally killed his partner with a shotgun to the head then accidentally killed himself by rolling onto a knife that goes through his heart moments later.

A jury must be able to see this is completely absurd nonsense!

Russell accidentally killed his partner with a shotgun to the head then accidentally killed himself by rolling onto a knife that goes through his heart moments later.

A jury must be able to see this is completely absurd nonsense!

It is quite a huge stretch.

And Lynn was apparently physically involved in both incidents, but entirely not to blame.

Because I was engrossed with this case, I missed out on a trial I’d been following in the US. I just read that the murderer pleaded not guilty and opted for a bench trial. More fool him because it was more than obvious he was guilty. The Judge said it was “the most horrific set of facts” she’s ever heard. She took 20 minutes to convict him of capital murder and he was automatically sentenced to life in prison without the opportunity for parole.

Link

It's likely he did feature on the drone and it's more likely that he got rid of it because it may have shown him, and/or his vehicle as being there.
He thought he got rid of all evidence of him being there, but he didn't count on Russells phone dobbing him in.

Last edited:
It's likely he did feature on the drone but it's more likely that he got rid of it because it may have shown him, and/or his vehicle as being there.
He thought he got rid of all evidence of him being there, but he didn't count on Russells phone dobbing him in.

Yes I expect Russell did in fact tell Lynn that he was not happy about him shooting so close and that he had footage of him.

Little would Russell know that those few words would be extremely consequential to Lynn. Those few words that Russell said could potentially mean a $300k job down the tube, pilot licence revoked etc... Lynn's whole life was in Russell and Carol's hands for a couple of hours.

That is why I think why Lynn did what he did. Quite obviously murdering both of them. JMO

Last edited:
Victorian Current Acts

Sentencing Act 1991 - sect 16

Under section 16 of the Sentencing Act 1991, subject to a number of exceptions all sentences of imprisonment imposed by Victorian courts are to be served concurrently unless the court directs otherwise.

Even if he's acquitted, his life will never be the same. There's been worldwide coverage of the trial in the media. The average person will not forgive what he did to their bodies.

Now he says if he had reported what happened to police, he'd lose his career and memberships of exclusive clubs. "This was at a time when I was just finding a really happy place in the world. I've just been trying to keep my head down and just move on with life and just forget about it".

A neighbour, who asked for her surname to be withheld, said he would share vegetables grown in his garden and fish caught in the high country when he returned from camping trips. Neighbours will probably avoid him like the plague.

He's strapped for money and has a mortgage, but can you imagine him applying for a job? If anyone recognises his name, let alone his face, they will no doubt be horrified to have such an employee.

Maybe he should change his name by deed poll, lose a lot of weight, grow facial hair, sell his home and move to some isolated place where he can grow veggies, keep his bees, fish and shoot deer.

Open question to people who think Lynns guilty as obviously my brains taking a different path with what we've heard so far, but what happened in your opinion?

How do you think it played out and why?

Do you think they were in bed and Lynn executed them due to prior argument, or for no reason in cold blood, or that it happened during a scuffle over the drone?

Do you think anything illegal was filmed on the drone at all, sparking an argument or Lynn may have just seen it over his camp and knew his car would be on it so wanted to dispose of it?

Do you think any parts of Lynns story are true?

Open question to people who think Lynns guilty as obviously my brains taking a different path with what we've heard so far, but what happened in your opinion?

Do you think they were in bed and Lynn executed them due to prior argument, or for no reason in cold blood, or that it happened during a scuffle over the drone?

Do you think anything illegal was filmed on the drone at all, sparking an argument or Lynn may have just seen it over his camp and knew his car would be on it so wanted to dispose of it?

I think it escalated from this ..... "Mr Lynn told him he was speaking nonsense."

I also think it is possible that Russell was shot in the back as he was walking away from Lynn after a confrontation.
Then Carol was shot, cowering in fright, near their campsite.

I am thinking that Lynn had his shotgun nearby, ready to go night hunting. Because he said he used his shotgun in darker areas when hunting (but didn't say he went night hunting).

Lynn appears to have had a dominance and rage issue, according to a report of domestic violence when his first wife was still alive.

Last edited:

There has obviously been friction between the two parties. Most likely related to Lynn's use of firearms in an unlawful manner.

I suspect Hill has warned Lynn to cease, he has refused and then Hill has made it clear to Lynn that he has enough evidence of his unlawful activity, probably via the drone, that he is going to dob him in.

I suspect things only got worse from there and Lynn has killed them to silence them - Hill first and then Clay. The murders may have occurred when the pair were tucked into bed, it may not. But murder them he most certainly did.

Lynn's concoction of a convenient story of self defence is pure fiction and his explanation of Clay's death absolutely fanciful. Not sure how the jury managed to keep a straight face when they heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay