Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very possible he is a narcissist. From the little I have read about him.

Preoccupied with himself.
Thinks belonging to an exclusive gun club is a status symbol.
Upset because the RAAF didn't choose him as an elite pilot, so he left the RAAF.
Helped the flight staff clean the cabin so they would all like him.
Doesn't take the blame, it is somebody else's fault.
Doesn't consider others feelings.

I have had personal experience with someone like that. They just don't get it. Socially deaf.

imo
Spot on! I just left my job and looking back my boss was a total narcissist and the reason I left. All about them. No one else matters. They have severe blinkers on.

Not sure where these "2 dead people had been abusive to you all day, other campers had seen" came from? I don't understand this: "they accidentally shot each other"?
In the example you gave where you panic but immediately call the police there's no reason to be concerned because there was nothing to make you look guilty. I was attempting to add additional context to your scenario to bring it more in line with what Lynn would have experienced. 1 survivor. 2 dead. His firearm involved.

I thought he could have been half cut but his actions speak loudly. One would think after this terrible incident you would down a few drinks if not bottles but he still had the clarity to plan all the events thereafter.

Adrenaline counteracts the effects of alcohol quickly and very well. It would have kept flowing until he was home and safe.

Did anyone actually authenticate that? I just took that as him attempting to justify why he had the Jetstar gloves. I suspect he just stole them because he found them useful.

This article by The Age says that the Ansett cabin crew liked him. It doesn't say why. I think I must have put together, in my mind, the story about helping clean the cabin, and the Ansett cabin crew liking him. Which may or may not be correct. Sorry.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a jury. In the Mutton trial he said the mother put the barrel containing Callise and 100KG of sand in the back of the ute. That's about 140Kg all up. Did you see the mother? She would be lucky to lift 20Kg. 140kg is the weight of two fully grown women. The jury took eight days to find him guilty when it should have taken 10 minutes.
BBM : 10 minutes?? :rolleyes:

Gee, I'd hope that they would take a hell of a lot longer than that!!

Never underestimate the reasonableness of a Jury :D

This article by The Age says that the Ansett cabin crew liked him. It doesn't say why. I think I must have put together, in my mind, the story about helping clean the cabin, and the Ansett cabin crew liking him. Which may or may not be correct. Sorry.

No drama. I think I remember Lynn boasting that he used to help clean up and couldn't understand why other pilots didn't do the same. Must admit I took it with a grain of salt.

BBM : 10 minutes?? :rolleyes:

Gee, I'd hope that they would take a hell of a lot longer than that!!

Never underestimate the reasonableness of a Jury :D

I think even the presiding judge would question a 10 minute judgement. Let alone what the defence would think. Grounds for appeal?

From what I have read (in books about various trials), the jury first take a poll to see where everyone stands with their thoughts. Then get down to discussing their reasons, see if there is anything they have missed.

Then poll periodically to see where they now stand.

imo

I think even the presiding judge would question a 10 minute judgement. Let alone what the defence would think. Grounds for appeal?

From what I have read (in books about various trials), the jury first take a poll to see where everyone stands with their thoughts. Then get down to discussing their reasons, see if there is anything they have missed.

Then poll periodically to see where they now stand.

imo
That's how the jury l was on went about things.

Very possible he is a narcissist. From the little I have read about him.

Preoccupied with himself.
Thinks belonging to an exclusive gun club is a status symbol.
Upset because the RAAF didn't choose him as an elite pilot, so he left the RAAF.
Helped the flight staff clean the cabin so they would all like him.
Doesn't take the blame, it is somebody else's fault.
Doesn't consider others feelings.

I have had personal experience with someone like that. They just don't get it. Socially deaf.

imo
One of the hallmarks of a narcissistic personality is a lack of empathy so it makes a lot of sense..

It’s also true that most people close to a narcissist know a completely different version of that person in comparison to folks who might have more surface level relationships or are just acquaintances..

I’d be wholly unsurprised to read stories about someone like that being friendly and well-liked professionally, but having also been involved in a possibly abusive marriage.
imo

Did anyone actually authenticate that? I just took that as him attempting to justify why he had the Jetstar gloves. I suspect he just stole them because he found them useful.
Low cost airlines will utilise Flight Attendants do a quick turnaround clean. Some crew would help me (albeit I was a solo F/A) so you need some sort of help. Flight Crew would generally go into the briefing room for their next flight to get weather etc. I have never seen any Pilot put the gloves in their pocket it would always be binned. There are some strange things that live in those seat pockets.

What hasn't been mentioned much is that these killings seem to have happened without much forethought or planning. Probably only measured in minutes. So IMO, the defence saying that GL had no real reason to kill CC and RH has no relevance. IMO, his rage got the better of his judgement, and he didn't wait to think it through properly.

What hasn't been mentioned much is that these killings seem to have happened without much forethought or planning. Probably only measured in minutes. So IMO, the defence saying that GL had no real reason to kill CC and RH has no relevance. IMO, his rage got the better of his judgement, and he didn't wait to think it through properly.
GL DID have a reason to kill CC and RH though, by his own admission…. If CC and/or RH saw or knew of GLs engagement in some kind of illegal activity (hunting, failing to secure guns etc) that information alone would be enough of a motivation to silence them given the threat that a police report could cost GL in terms of his job and livelihood etc. CC and RH by contrast appear to have had no motivation whatsoever to attack GL…. By GLs own account, it would seem RH intended to report matters of concern to police, not deal with them himself…

JMO

Can he be convicted for just one victim and acquitted for the other? I expect him to be convicted for Carol for sure. The doubt could be for Hill.

Yes, I think he 'can' be convicted for one (alleged) murder and not the other (alleged) murder.

He has been charged and tried for two counts of murder. So there are verdicts to two separate murder charges to be decided. Even though it was only one trial.

"Mr Lynn, 57, is pleading not guilty to two murder charges."

Maybe Lynn admits he wasn't such a good gun owner ..... In the police interview, Lynn said he asked for the gun back, ran after Hill and let “a couple of rounds go into the air”. He told police he struggled with Hill for control of the loaded shotgun.

Somehow it got loaded ....... The court heard the shotgun needed to be cocked and loaded each time to fire.

A camping trip turned fatal: as the trial of Greg Lynn draws to a close, key questions remain

When he said he ran after RH and let a couple of rounds go into the air, does this mean he had another gun in his hand? GL that is. Because he couldn't just shoot a couple of rounds of the shotgun in the air if it had to be cocked and loaded each time.

GL's testimony in the police interview gives me the impression that he was running after RH with a gun!

IMOO

When we were in court on the day he testified from memory the gun was not loaded and the magazine was sitting on the front passenger seat. Prosecution asked how would Russell know which one to load (big gun, big magazine) !!
Thanks for that emirates1957.
For me that makes even less sense that RH would then go to the front passenger seat to get the magazine when I'm assuming that GL was not far away. Just makes no sense that RH knew exactly where the gun and ammunition were in GL's vehicle. And why only take that gun?
Just makes no sense to me.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members