Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am very interested to see what transpires during the court appearance on 12/9/2024; probable appeal of murder conviction I am told.
Yes, I think we're all pretty keen to see what transpires. I don't think he has much to lose by appealing, apart from the judge possibly increasing the sentence for lack of remorse for the murder.

Yes, I think we're all pretty keen to see what transpires. I don't think he has much to lose by appealing, apart from the judge possibly increasing the sentence for lack of remorse for the murder.

He’s not being sentenced on the 12/09 it’s another pre-sentencing hearing.

He can only appeal once he’s been sentenced. I have no doubt he’ll appeal at the right time as you say. I’m sure he’ll appeal any sentence he receives as well as the conviction.

Everybody who receives a sentence has the right to appeal; IMO that does not indicate there is a lack of remorse. If there are sufficient grounds discovered that (legally) support launching an appeal, then it would be foolish not to proceed IMO.

Includes interview with Russell Hill's daughter and the shooting deaths of Lynn's former neighbors.
This podcast was oh, so interesting. It goes through GLs background. Seems like when appeals etc are over from the latest murder, the ex wife and all other suspicious events are going to be opened up. It's not over until it's over!

And in one of the podcasts Tim Watson-Munro and Xanthe Mallet said he has shown no remorse at all. They’d know.
We have heard from Lynn and read him quoted often enough to have formed an opinion regrading his remorse or lack of it and it still seems like Clay and Hill's deaths were nothing more than an inconvenience to him.

We have heard from Lynn and read him quoted often enough to have formed an opinion regrading his remorse or lack of it and it still seems like Clay and Hill's deaths were nothing more than an inconvenience to him.

Sometimes conformation bias creeps in and you have to check yourself. Then preeminent experts give their opinion and you’re like “yep the guy is a creep and a loser and he’s getting what he deserves”. My italics added.

<modsnip - rude>

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's hearing is at 10 30. It is listed as 'for plea'.

Former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn will face a hearing at the Supreme Court in Melbourne on Thursday, after his lawyers revealed they will use a rare legal move to try and delay his sentencing.

Mr Dann flagged his intention to use a rare legal move under s309 of the Criminal Procedure Act, which would delay Lynn's sentence pending an appeal.

Former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn will face a hearing at the Supreme Court in Melbourne on Thursday, after his lawyers revealed they will use a rare legal move to try and delay his sentencing.

Mr Dann flagged his intention to use a rare legal move under s309 of the Criminal Procedure Act, which would delay Lynn's sentence pending an appeal.

The legal equivalent to kicking the can down the road.
Again, he doesn't have much to lose by trying.
Another line on Dann's invoice.

The legal equivalent to kicking the can down the road.
Again, he doesn't have much to lose by trying.
Another line on Dann's invoice.

Convicted felons spend the rest of their incarceration trying to find ways to appeal, studying appeals, speaking with other felons about appeals, dreaming of appeals ... and many of them have their appeals knocked back.

imo

Updates from The Age Newspaper :

Sitting in the public gallery are friends and family of Carol Clay and Russell Hill, including Clay’s two daughters, and Hill’s wife and children.

Gregory Lynn has arrived at court, entering the courtroom with a prison guard on either side. Sitting in the dock, he speaks to his legal team — Dermot Dann KC and Mick McGrath.

People in the public gallery, which sits above the courtroom, can be seen standing and peering over the glass balcony to catch a glimpse of Lynn.

Later today, three victims are expected to read out victim impact statements to the court. They include Clay’s sister Jillian Walker.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt
Back