Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the full length Video of his family appeal and interview with media ....... So heartbreaking...

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/video-homicide-detectives-still-on-the-hunt-for-th/3157682/
A few points from the video:

Sam's father was asked about Sam affording the car. He said (prompted by wife) "with the help of the bank, I suppose. As I said, you know, he did things his way."

On Sam's reaction to the break-in: "He didn't appear fearful. He didn't want to live there any longer and he, he, you know, he moved out that same day."

The policeman was asked whether Sam was in debt. He said, not to our knowledge.

Policeman said Sam's phone appears to have been turned off some time Tuesday and is still missing.

Policeman said the car was parked at Deep Water Bend Tuesday afternoon. He used the word "late" or "later"--I couldn't make out. The car was seen at midnight at Deep Water Bend with a window down. It was still there at lunch time on Wednesday then was found in NSW 5:30/6:00pm.

I feel so bad for Sams parents as they seem so unaware what life he was leading?

I feel so bad for Sams parents as they seem so unaware what life he was leading?

Agree. If they are unsure how he funded his expensive cars and clothes and trips, then I'm thinking drugs may play a part somewhere. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One would think they would heavily question how he bank rolled his lifestyle though?

Agree. If they are unsure how he funded his expensive cars and clothes and trips, then I'm thinking drugs may play a part somewhere. Moo

One would think they would heavily question how he bank rolled his lifestyle though?

Yes, I think they would have questioned it before - and probably had to be satisfied with Sam's answers. Because 'he did things his way', as was mentioned in the presser.

I don't know how much they are questioning it now though, especially after their comment about "Sam, if you can hear this, if you are in any trouble it can be worked out ..." or words to that effect. Police may have been very gently forward with them about what kind of unsavoury characters may be involved with Sam's disappearance.

If Sam is found there, even though it will be absolutely horrendous, I'm glad that somebody did the right thing and phoned in a tip-off.

It seems to be SO much worse for families to spend years - or possibly the rest of their lives - not knowing what happened to their loved one.

I fellow Websleuthers, I don't like the sound of the police searching the Swanbank landfill site. I live in Brisbane and by way of a backgrounder for those that don't live there, the Swanbank site is a large privately operated tip site that was a former coal pit. Waste from many places is taken there as the site is massive. In Brisbane and surrounding areas it is common for the local councils to operate 'transfer stations' for the public to take their waste. Waste from these transfer stations is then moved in bulk to landfill sites located elsewhere. Some local councils would be using Swanbank for this purpose, as well as other commercial operators such as skip companies.
From reading above comments , mention was made of possible sightings of vehicles on Narangba Rd . The Moreton Bay Regional council operates a transfer station and tip shop on Narangba Rd and I'm wondering if the waste from that site is then transferred on to Swanbank for final landfill disposal. This might be the significance of the search of the Swanbank site.

Its really sad to hear that he could be in landfill.I'm currently moving from the sunshine coast back to the north side of Brisbane and have been following this case I didn't get a chance to log in here yesterday but Me and my partner were driving along into Brisbane trailer full of furniture we passed a landfill site and I thought to myself wouldn't it be sad if Sam were in landfill i was going to mention my thoughts to my partner but he gets sick of hearing my websleuths thoughts n theories so I kept it to myself n thought oh u probably are just being silly you've read way too much on the corrie mckeague case.logging in n reading this news on Sam n the search of a landfill site I guess my brain is not so silly after all.

Sent from my 5080Q using Tapatalk

I fellow Websleuthers, I don't like the sound of the police searching the Swanbank landfill site. I live in Brisbane and by way of a backgrounder for those that don't live there, the Swanbank site is a large privately operated tip site that was a former coal pit. Waste from many places is taken there as the site is massive. In Brisbane and surrounding areas it is common for the local councils to operate 'transfer stations' for the public to take their waste. Waste from these transfer stations is then moved in bulk to landfill sites located elsewhere. Some local councils would be using Swanbank for this purpose, as well as other commercial operators such as skip companies.
From reading above comments , mention was made of possible sightings of vehicles on Narangba Rd . The Moreton Bay Regional council operates a transfer station and tip shop on Narangba Rd and I'm wondering if the waste from that site is then transferred on to Swanbank for final landfill disposal. This might be the significance of the search of the Swanbank site.

:welcome:

Welcome JudgeNot!! Thanks for the local info.

Its really sad to hear that he could be in landfill.I'm currently moving from the sunshine coast back to the north side of Brisbane and have been following this case I didn't get a chance to log in here yesterday but Me and my partner were driving along into Brisbane trailer full of furniture we passed a landfill site and I thought to myself wouldn't it be sad if Sam were in landfill i was going to mention my thoughts to my partner but he gets sick of hearing my websleuths thoughts n theories so I kept it to myself n thought oh u probably are just being silly you've read way too much on the corrie mckeague case.logging in n reading this news on Sam n the search of a landfill site I guess my brain is not so silly after all.

Sent from my 5080Q using Tapatalk

BBM

:floorlaugh: I SO know that situation!!

Thank goodness for this site!! We're all kindred spirits

BBM

:floorlaugh: I SO know that situation!!

Thank goodness for this site!! We're all kindred spirits
I think the majority of us members have copped a fair bit of flak from families and friends. I speak highly of websleuths community and the cases we follow here. I don't know what's wrong with some people, including family and friends. I find it hard to understand they get sick of hearing about certain cases -- I mean, don't they care about people who get raped/murdered and/or go missing? Boogles the mind, doesn't it. I guess it's something like, what's not happening in their lives doesn't concern them. Too bad, it concerns me, and I will continue to talk about it even if to myself while going about my daily chores. :D

Very sad to learn they're now searching a landfil for Sam. My heart hurts badly for his loved ones! :(

DETECTIVES will continue to scour a landfill site today for missing Albion man Samuel Thompson, after day one of the search yesterday failed to find any trace of the 22-year-old.

Detectives and State Emergency Service personnel upturned a section of the Swanbank Renewable Energy and Waste Management Facility, near Ipswich, for seven hours yesterday.

The search was conducted two kilometres from the entrance of the facility.

https://www.qt.com.au/news/police-fear-worst-in-missing-man-case/3160245/

DETECTIVES will continue to scour a landfill site today for missing Albion man Samuel Thompson, after day one of the search yesterday failed to find any trace of the 22-year-old.

Detectives and State Emergency Service personnel upturned a section of the Swanbank Renewable Energy and Waste Management Facility, near Ipswich, for seven hours yesterday.

The search was conducted two kilometres from the entrance of the facility.

https://www.qt.com.au/news/police-fear-worst-in-missing-man-case/3160245/

Sounds as if they know exactly where at the landfill the rubbish bins/dumpsters from the suburb or council zone they are concerned about have been dumped.

Sounds as if they know exactly where at the landfill the rubbish bins/dumpsters from the suburb or council zone they are concerned about have been dumped.

Yes and they would know the dates I suppose :(

We are due a lot of rain from now till the next few days

I was hoping he was being held somewhere initally, I really was. I'm sure we have seen that happen before.

I assume if there is a tip off like this they will have a idea who did it. To assume foul play so early as they did I think they know exactly who it is.

This rain will make the search very difficult [emoji27][emoji27]

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2017/03/30/execution-search-warrants-albany-creek-bald-hills/

Execution of search warrants, Albany Creek and Bald Hills
QPS Media on Mar 30, 2017 @ 8:53am
North Brisbane detectives continue to investigate the disappearance of 22-year-old Samuel Thompson.

A search warrant was executed overnight at an address in Albany Creek where a white Chrysler 300 was seized by police.

A crime scene was declared at a residence in Bald Hills yesterday and was guarded overnight. Detectives will examine the scene today.

A search of the landfill at Swanbank, conducted by police and SES members concluded on Wednesday March 29 with no result.

Police continue to appeal to the public for any information which may assist in the investigation.

If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using the online form 24hrs per day.

You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and community volunteer organisation, by calling 1800 333 000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296