Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Karinna I believe if they have reasonable evidence to show charges for the person then no bail

In Qld, bail can only granted in serious cases (like this one) by the Supreme Court.
These lads have not been in front of the Supreme Court.
I believe that will take a special petition and some time to happen, if they bother to apply for bail that way. Keeping in mind that it can still be refused.
Others have done it though ... like Gable Tostee, for example.

BTW Welcome, Horror! :)
(Wow, that sounds really weird, hey? :floorlaugh:)

In Qld, bail can only granted in serious cases (like this one) by the Supreme Court.
I believe that will take a special petition and some time to happen, if they bother to apply for bail that way. Keeping in mind that it can still be refused.

BTW Welcome, Horror! :)
(Wow, that sounds really weird, hey? :floorlaugh:)

Ohhhhh Toastee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is, boy didn't that just all go horribly wrong [emoji17]

Hi I have seen a post that is quite frank in the fact all friends, alludes to AD odd before overseas odder that he went but accepted as from friend group originally and also that RB was a nasty person. ?? Whether true ? Who knows

Thanks. And yes if they are successful at all in the future pending the seriousness of their crimes.
Tostee's case was very different to this one though, and even though he was charged with murder, there wasn't enough evidence for the jury, IMO.

I pulled out my scrappy uni notes from crime scene anaysis. Whats interesting is that the scene in STs case from my very amateurish analysis seems to be 'instrumentally cognitive' , hence the the body is transported, placed and hidden. Statistically in these type of scenes, the perpetrators have either served in some kind of military or armed forces or committed previous offences. A match here. Also they committed the crime in places they very comfortable with to try stay in control i.e their home and moving remains to a place of ease to get to from their home. Stereotypically the more serious the crime committed is, the closer they will commit it to their home base. Also explains why sams car was found so far away from their homes in NSW. By that time they had no remains to worry about so took a little more risk in their final car abandoning location. Whether tou agree with this stuff or not its an interesting read anyway!

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. And agree about the committed murder before aspect: it was discovered that the man who killed Tia and dumped her in the forest had been in jail for killing someone else and dumping them in the same forest!

Well it is blindingly obvious that with Sam deceased, no owed money was going to be recouped. So the act must have released a pressure valve, and have been intended to stop him from dealing to their customers- which has been said before by myself and others. I had wondered if they didn't mean to kill him, but the more we hear, the more I think it was intended.

In my experience kids that come from a spoiled home where the parents give them the very best in life end up with a sense of entitlement, that the world owes them something.
I have seen it many times, the parents bend over backwards for them, and they expect that in life too. Not all of them but a lot of them. They go to the expensive schools, they get everything they want and then come to expect it.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't believe this to be true in RB's case. The school that he attended is a Catholic school, and many of the kids there are from low to middle income families. It is not a privileged school. RB's family were hard working, down to earth people, who tried every avenue possible to get him help.

I hope this isn't too strange a comment but the person who commented on AD page after the fact in horror also commented on parent page in same night police asked about white car. Also like to add on police FB page within 2 hours someone posted the rego and stated reported, that got removed over that same night. If you see the comment by CS on parent page of post dated 22 dec it makes me wonder whether that is fake account but parents made aware of car that night ?
Not saying anything at all against them but time to panic prepare

Thanks. And yes if they are successful at all in the future pending the seriousness of their crimes.
Tostee's case was very different to this one though, and even though he was charged with murder, there wasn't enough evidence for the jury, IMO.

In Tostee's bail hearing it was not about the charges, it was about how he would live if he was granted bail. Had to live with his parents, had to be home by 6pm every evening, could not use FB/Tinder/other online services, could not drink alcohol ... a few other things.

It is possible imo that Supreme Court bail could be granted, if these lads' parents can offer enough surety, like this.

Even Simon Gittany got bail (in NSW) after tossing his girlfriend off his 10th floor balcony.

They just put all kinds of restrictions on their lifestyle. But I personally don't think they are monitored adequately, because we know Tostee was using online services that he was not supposed to be using, while out on bail.

I hope this isn't too strange a comment but the person who commented on AD page after the fact in horror also commented on parent page in same night police asked about white car. Also like to add on police FB page within 2 hours someone posted the rego and stated reported, that got removed over that same night. If you see the comment by CS on parent page of post dated 22 dec it makes me wonder whether that is fake account but parents made aware of car that night ?
Not saying anything at all against them but time to panic prepare
Well spotted!

I pulled out my scrappy uni notes from crime scene anaysis. Whats interesting is that the scene in STs case from my very amateurish analysis seems to be 'instrumentally cognitive' , hence the the body is transported, placed and hidden. Statistically in these type of scenes, the perpetrators have either served in some kind of military or armed forces or committed previous offences. A match here. Also they committed the crime in places they very comfortable with to try stay in control i.e their home and moving remains to a place of ease to get to from their home. Stereotypically the more serious the crime committed is, the closer they will commit it to their home base. Also explains why sams car was found so far away from their homes in NSW. By that time they had no remains to worry about so took a little more risk in their final car abandoning location. Whether tou agree with this stuff or not its an interesting read anyway!

Statistcally it it not more likely the person served, comitted before, yes but not served. That is simply untrue. Most people who commit murder on or near a place where other people frequent (ie RBs parents), hide the body somewhere. But this is not indicative of someone who has served.Those who have served typically leave the bodies where killed like in combat.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thank you long time lurker but this case had really got to me I have heaps to say once I work out what to do :)

Please do! I think most sleuths here did believe they all knew each other for a reasonable amount of time.

Many people also seemed accepting of the drug angle for ST and RB, and accepting of the killing angle for AD.

I guess everyone just wonders how they all fit together: who owed what to who and how that ended up with ST dead.

Unless the death was completely accidental or unexpected, killing someone is a big leap for most folks. I think there is some feeling/speculation that someone owed the other a lot of money or product (Gosh if it's for some pitiful trivial amount of money that's even more harrowing IMO), or someone had done the wrong thing and others were told to sort it etc. I guess we're just curious about the structure of their relationships.

Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members