Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I donated on the first day. I don't know Sam, I know Ashley and worked with him up until a few years ago. I feel bad knowing that someone I thought was a nice guy, and someone I supported through the whole Syria thing, could do something so horrible to someone else. Whether it was drugs or not it was no excuse to take someone else's life. I find it so wrong that he has put someone's else's parents in the same position that the Hardings found themselves in, and a death he said he would avenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here $$

I donated on the first day. I don't know Sam, I know Ashley and worked with him up until a few years ago. I feel bad knowing that someone I thought was a nice guy, and someone I supported through the whole Syria thing, could do something so horrible to someone else. Whether it was drugs or not it was no excuse to take someone else's life. I find it so wrong that he has put someone's else's parents in the same position that the Hardings found themselves in, and a death he said he would avenge.

Hi & Welcome. I agree with what you say that there is no reason to take someone else's life.
You must feel a certain sense of betrayal i'm sure.
We had a guy here locally thought he was invincible and was responsible for a drug related murder. He was in a MC and went to prison for murder, but because of his families connections got out of prison after about a year or two. He befriended another bada** in prison who after he got out went and found the guy. He killed him with two bullets to his head, and no one in the community cared, and figured he deserved what he got.

Hi, I have been following this since I found out RB had been charged with murder. I have occasionally read some posts which disparaged RB's family, and this has made me decide to join and post. My son was friends with RB in primary school. His family is lovely and would no way be involved in anything illegal. Unfortunately RB started going off the rails in high school, involved in drugs and bullying. This is when my son distanced himself. Both the teachers at his private high school, and his parents, did everything they could to help him, unfortunately they weren't successful, and he was asked to leave the school in year 10. Also, the house in bald hills, is RB's family home.

Hi and welcome Brissie1.
Its great to finally have some insight into rb other than he wouldn't bruise a grape!
bbm - are you saying the house in Bald Hills is owned by rb's family or is actually the B family home?

Hi & Welcome. Yes, i imagine he has gone seriously off the rails for now to be charged with murder. Do you know how ST & RB were known to each other? Like from high school or in some other way, because police stated they were known to each other.

I don't know that. But I checked ST's FB page and saw that my son has quite a few mutual friends. Brisbane's Northside is a very small place. Many people have mutual friends. The private school that RB and my son attended, has a friendly rivalry with ST's school. They see each other often at competitions, and get to know each other.

Hi, I have been following this since I found out RB had been charged with murder. I have occasionally read some posts which disparaged RB's family, and this has made me decide to join and post. My son was friends with RB in primary school. His family is lovely and would no way be involved in anything illegal. Unfortunately RB started going off the rails in high school, involved in drugs and bullying. This is when my son distanced himself. Both the teachers at his private high school, and his parents, did everything they could to help him, unfortunately they weren't successful, and he was asked to leave the school in year 10. Also, the house in bald hills, is RB's family home.

Thank you so much! Do his folks live at home he house, too? Or just RB? I feel sad for all the boys involved and their families. It's a miserable affair all the way around.

I had heard his uncle, aunts and cousins were lovely and hard working people but no one has said much about his immediate family, so I guess that's why when rumours come up, people speculate.

How sad for his parents to think of something so awful happening in their home [emoji17]

Thanks for sharing, have a great afternoon and hope RB's family are getting support.

Hi and welcome Brissie1.
Its great to finally have some insight into rb other than he wouldn't bruise a grape!
bbm - are you saying the house in Bald Hills is owned by rb's family or is actually the B family home?

It is the family home that RB grew up in. But from I've read, it sounds like only RB (and maybe his girlfriend) live there now.

O/T...The page has a balance of $5,665 that has been donated in 3 days from 79 people...
Goal is $15,000...has been slower in the last few days...
I'm wondering if a lot of the public aren't donating because of the case being drug related...Maybe close friends and family were the ones who made donations on the first day of it being opened.

Yeah Maybe. Maybe it was just a convenient way for friends who wanted to help to amass the donations in one spot in an easily utilized way?

I'd guess people's donation dollar is stretched too lately, With appeals for flood relief or recovering from recent disasters themselves.

No matter how much gets raised I'm sure he'll get a good send off. Tough time for his loved ones that day will be. I can't stop thinking about his poor wee dog. I'm sure she's getting spoiled but she'd still be missing him like crazy

I don't know that. But I checked ST's FB page and saw that my son has quite a few mutual friends. Brisbane's Northside is a very small place. Many people have mutual friends. The private school that RB and my son attended, has a friendly rivalry with ST's school. They see each other often at competitions, and get to know each other.

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you so much for joining and speaking up!! It has been so hard to get a sense of what RB is like, but now knowing that he turned to drugs and bullying in high school ... well, that could be a good decade of acting that way. Both things could have become quite a way of life for him.

So, a lad from another good family. Families that, no doubt, did all they could for their sons. And evidently RB's family was still doing for him, if they allowed him to live in a family-owned home - despite the hard time he must have given them through high school, and his apparent ongoing lifestyle.

Thank you so much for joining and speaking up!! It has been so hard to get a sense of what RB is like, but now knowing that he turned to drugs and bullying in high school ... well, that could be a good decade of acting that way. Both things could have become quite a way of life for him.

So, a lad from another good family. Families that, no doubt, did all they could for their sons. And evidently RB's family was still doing for him, if they allowed him to live in a family-owned home - despite the hard time he must have given them through high school, and his apparent ongoing lifestyle.

Is this mr dyball hanging with Sam in 2014? IMG_5906.jpgIMG_5907.jpg

I believe it's called Enabling.

In my experience kids that come from a spoiled home where the parents give them the very best in life end up with a sense of entitlement, that the world owes them something.
I have seen it many times, the parents bend over backwards for them, and they expect that in life too. Not all of them but a lot of them. They go to the expensive schools, they get everything they want and then come to expect it.

Hi hope I am doing this right but about time lol apparently common knowledge they are all known to each other

(quote)
Serious cases
In serious cases where an individual has been charged with murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, rape or attempted rape there is no presumption in favour of bail and the individual will automatically be remanded into custody.
http://www.offendersfamilieshelpline.org/index.php/remand-into-custody/
So does that mean they won't qualify for bail?
Hi Karinna I believe if they have reasonable evidence to show charges for the person then no bail

Padua vs st patricks?

I pulled out my scrappy uni notes from crime scene anaysis. Whats interesting is that the scene in STs case from my very amateurish analysis seems to be 'instrumentally cognitive' , hence the the body is transported, placed and hidden. Statistically in these type of scenes, the perpetrators have either served in some kind of military or armed forces or committed previous offences. A match here. Also they committed the crime in places they very comfortable with to try stay in control i.e their home and moving remains to a place of ease to get to from their home. Stereotypically the more serious the crime committed is, the closer they will commit it to their home base. Also explains why sams car was found so far away from their homes in NSW. By that time they had no remains to worry about so took a little more risk in their final car abandoning location. Whether tou agree with this stuff or not its an interesting read anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member