Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT
Re: GBC - Because it didn't happen that way. If you followed the trial, it was murder.

Oh 1000% it was murder. I was just making the point as an accused he could have tried to paint (fabricate) a different story of what happened in order to be found guilty of a lesser charge.

We are just clarifying the definition of the word "assault", as some use the word interchangeably with words that mean something else. We don't know what the assault was, they could be referring to torture, not hitting. We don't know, that's all we're saying :)

Yes of course. That is why it's just opinion.

Samuel Thompson was murdered. He wasn't verbally assaulted.

Actually he may have also been verbally assaulted as well as murdered. We just don't know. Assault can take a variety of forms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samuel Thompson was murdered. He wasn't verbally assaulted.
I'm obviously not proposing that the assault in THIS case was verbal haha. I'm just using it to illustrate my point.

Some newer members may not be familiar with assault charges and what they mean, some people mistakenly presume assault means beating. It's helpful to clarify this sometimes.

Assault can include lots of things, not just beating or hitting

Yes and i realise that. Police found Sam's deceased body and stated from what they viewed he was seriously assaulted. To me that would mean there were signs of a physical attack on his person. So i will leave it at that.

Come on, guys.

Autopsies do not reveal a victim was verbally assaulted. ;)

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...onfirmed-as-sam-thompson-20170406-gvfma6.html

No, they don't. Verbal assault was just being used as an example that assault takes forms besides beatings. I was just saying, we don't know if ST was verbally assaulted: we weren't there. Someone asserted he was not verbally assaulted, but in truth we don't know. No one was saying he was verbally assaulted to death: we were just saying assault takes forms besides beating.

The other male in the photo is a relative LB - the photo comes from LB's FB page which is not private. Perhaps cousin from what I've just sleuthed.
I don't know why it says Ashley Dyball on the photo?
To verify this - you can go to LB Facebook page and read the comment on the photo there....

The video is about AD getting arrested so its titled that and they just reference RB with this photo near the end and how he was the first man arrested.

Thank you for the info, I am assuming this photo is on his fb or you guys have seen it unblurred? It amazes me what you guys and girls can find, I really wish there was more on RB.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Respectfully, that's not what we were trying to say...

No, they don't. Verbal assault was just being used as an example that assault takes forms besides beatings. I was just saying, we don't know if ST was verbally assaulted: we weren't there. Someone asserted he was not verbally assaulted, but in truth we don't know. No one was saying he was verbally assaulted to death: we were just saying assault takes forms besides beating.

LE stated a post-mortem examination revealed he was "seriously assaulted." They are awaiting pathology results before determining whether or not the assault caused his death.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2017/04/07/update-8-homicide-sam-thompson/

Arguing semantics is derailing the thread. There is no question what form of the meaning of the word assault LE is referring to in regards to Sam.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

True ... the mens rae of murder is intent, or recklessness/negligence where a person should have known that their actions could cause death. So they could have been charged with murder due to reckless behaviour where they should have known better.

However, they are still classed as murderers. Even without the intent.
I don't think that's quite right South Aussie. I know you posted a link before; do you still have it handy to post again please? I don't have time to check into it now, but I can probably look it up tonight or tomorrow. I don't think negligence or the "objective" should-have-known test is sufficient mens rea for murder. But I know different states have different provisions and I'm more familiar with Victorian law. From memory, it's either intention, or knowledge that the action would be likely to result in death or grievous bodily harm. And in Queensland I think there are felony-murder type rules as well.

I notice that Sam is being cremated in the page funeral notice...the last time I looked they had raised $6,400...their goal is $15,000 so they still have a fair way to go to reach their goal...another week!...

However, cremations are much cheaper than burials...depending of course what you decide to do with the deceased's ashes eg. Cremation wall, spreading the ashes elsewhere etc...

R.I.P. Sam...:rose:

I don't think that's quite right South Aussie. I know you posted a link before; do you still have it handy to post again please? I don't have time to check into it now, but I can probably look it up tonight or tomorrow. I don't think negligence or the "objective" should-have-known test is sufficient mens rea for murder. But I know different states have different provisions and I'm more familiar with Victorian law. From memory, it's either intention, or knowledge that the action would be likely to result in death or grievous bodily harm. And in Queensland I think there are felony-murder type rules as well.

I have seen several references about it. Here is one. I think the grievous bodily harm references also amount to recklessness with someone's life, which is a part of the mens rae of murder ... ie: they should have known that grievous bodily harm could cause death.

Murder—also called homicide—is the wilful killing of a person either intentionally or with reckless indifference to life.
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/types-of-crime/murder-attempted-murder-and-manslaughter/ - Queensland Govt

There is whole bunch of stuff about it in Wiki, too. Giving specific examples, as well.
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Intention_(criminal_law)

And if anyone cares to wade through this long discussion paper on the austlii site, it talks about Qld murder mens rae (among other things) ... and how the intent to kill does not have to be there, to be charged for murder.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/UTasLawRw/2012/10.html

Just finished my catch up, it sucks being on the other side of the world, I miss out on actually conversing with you guys.

I have just been wondering.. What is the official stance on ST's whereabouts on the morning of the 7th? Is there round about an hour of undocumented time from him leaving his apartment to arriving in Bald Hills? As far as I am aware, his last seen is stated at his apartment CCTV and the bikers helmet cam. I googled mapped it and it tells me Albion / Bald Hills is 26 mins?

Just finished my catch up, it sucks being on the other side of the world, I miss out on actually conversing with you guys.

I have just been wondering.. What is the official stance on ST's whereabouts on the morning of the 7th? Is there round about an hour of undocumented time from him leaving his apartment to arriving in Bald Hills? As far as I am aware, his last seen is stated at his apartment CCTV and the bikers helmet cam. I googled mapped it and it tells me Albion / Bald Hills is 26 mins?

Hi sydney :seeya:

There is indeed an hour or so of unaccounted for time. None of us know where he was during that period.

Yes I remember Sam had an hour to fill in...he was to meet RB originally at his Bald Hills home at 10am but the meeting time was changed to 11am...
One of our members posted a timeline...I think it was on Thread 2 by MsAnais...I'll try to find it later...

Yeah, I'm intrigued.

It is not unheard of for myself to drive around aimlessly if I have a few hours to spare, I like driving, and if I had his car I think I would never get out of it! Love..

Just all these random, possibly totally normal movements are suddendly questioned when it turns into a murder.

God forbid, if I ever went missing people would have a field day with all the comings and goings I do and all the figiting and messing! I guess until there is no new info I have no option but to delve over what we have.
Hi sydney :seeya:

There is indeed an hour or so of unaccounted for time. None of us know where he was during that period.

Yes I remember seeing that timeline, cant remember who posted it but well done on that. Thats when I first wondered about the gaps.
Yes I remember Sam had an hour to fill in...he was to meet RB originally at his Bald Hills home at 10am but the meeting time was changed to 11am...
One of our members posted a timeline...I think it was on Thread 2 by MsAnais...I'll try to find it later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme