Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That CCTV footage was shocking. She had the same brisk steady pace walking home as she did when she left. Not a stumble. Who knows what she was thinking, but I also feel that a PND diagnosis is a bit too neat and compassionate. This woman's marriage had broken up, plus looking after a toddler is a completely different parenting experience to a baby, which can be treated like a "doll" to a certain extent. Maybe she'd just had enough of the whole deal. If she had any parenting instinct left, the baby would have been found cuddled in a blanket at least or in her own bed, not dumped in a creek.
JMO

Tend to agree Francesca. The fact that she 'discarded' her own child in the waterway - like a piece of rubbish screams disturbance IMO.
Was she examined for the possibility of PND post birth? Was there some unresolved PND which contributed to difficulties in the marital relationship? The marital relationship has been alleged to have been violent. This itself is the opposite of a supporting,loving home and is devastating for a new mother.
Did the alleged 'acrimonious' breakdown of her relationship with her husband and subsequent separation lead to a psychotic break for her?
These factors now need to be considered.
We don't know if she had suitable/helpful family support or if she found herself and her child in a worse situation surrounded by criminals and violence.
We don't know if her In-Laws were supportive or divisive. If divisive, this can bring unbearable pressure upon a relationship.
So many factors which need to be taken into account here. So easy to judge, but so much yet to learn about this case.IMHO.

She couldn't even be bothered to pretend to look like her child had just been abducted! She just walks back home slowly with an empty pram

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Just disgusting!!! Glad she was stupid enough to not realize that there were cameras!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Step up and admit motherhood is too hard and give your child to a caring family, give it a fighting chance.

Why the **** murder an innocent child who you gave birth. How could a mother do it?!!? No excuse! No excuse!

What's going on in this world, it's gone fruit loops.
I know TGY, just disgusting [emoji35]

IMO this was all about revenge on her husband. They just separated and she knew this would be the perfect way to get back at him.

Sick!!!!!!

Maybe she uses meth and had a psychotic break. Neighbours reported members of that household sitting outside, smoking ice without bothering to hide it. Her marriage broke up and she went to stay in a drug house. I have less and less sympathy for her every minute.

It's a mental condition, not a cop out.
What we might see as not loving or nurturing may not be what others see, circumstances and our own upbringing/education and socio economic status play a part in how we parent. Most people do the best they know how.

Let me just clarify - I'm not saying PND is a cop out at all.. I have a baby, I completely understand what some women could go through and have struggled myself at times!

Saying this woman had PND is a cop out. She may have, or she may just be evil, who knows. We all do the best we know how, but I find it hard to sympathise with this poor excuse for a mother.

Maybe she uses meth and had a psychotic break. Neighbours reported members of that household sitting outside, smoking ice without bothering to hide it. Her marriage broke up and she went to stay in a drug house. I have less and less sympathy for her every minute.

This is possible too. Was she drug effected at that time? BUT then how does that explain the possible attempt at suffocation seven days earlier? Did she go knowingly to a 'drug' house? or did she go to live with her brother? She might have had no other alternative at that time. Maybe she was looking for family, a sense of belonging after the acrimonious separation from her husband, but the situation she found herself in was even worse. All possible at this stage. Just keeping an open mind to the many possibilities as we don't know these people at all or what might have driven her, allegedly, to murder her daughter. IMHO.

I have absolutely no sympathy for her. No excuses. I have a feeling she just wanted freedom again. She's 22, young, posting selfies on Facebook, none of which include her daughter (apart from cover photos). I know what I was doing at 22, and it wasn't raising a child.

I have absolutely no sympathy for her. No excuses. I have a feeling she just wanted freedom again. She's 22, young, posting selfies on Facebook, none of which include her daughter (apart from cover photos). I know what I was doing at 22, and it wasn't raising a child.

Just curious, do you have access to her full FB account? She may have more photos of her and bub on there.

I know I keep mine locked down and have no photos of my kids that people can see and I love my kids more than anything in this world.

Time will tell, but clearly something made her snap.

When I first heard bub was found in water I instantly thought perhaps it was an accidental drowning, but now I am wondering if bub was being loud and the relatives (especially if they were on ice) were agitated with bub and she went for a walk and couldn't calm her down. Maybe she just thought it was all too hard.

PND can last up until bub is 2 so she could well have been suffering it. I know friends who have suffered with it, and it is not easy. I see why people don't come out and seek help because some people are just told to 'snap out of it!' Some people still get very embarrassed about having it, especially as motherhood is meant to be natural.

I am not standing up for her, I just think we need to find out what happened for her to end her daughter's life.

I am so sad for Sanaya, sad that Sofina Nikat has done what she has done, just generally sad all round I guess.

I'm also a bit narked at the comments re PND. If Sofina doesn't have PND or any other diagnosed psychiatric illness then yes, she is a cold-blooded-murder who deserves the harshest punishment possible.

If Sofina does have a psychiatric problem then it's a whole different ballgame and I then feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand this.

I am so sad for Sanaya, sad that Sofina Nikat has done what she has done, just generally sad all round I guess.

I'm also a bit narked at the comments re PND. If Sofina doesn't have PND or any other diagnosed psychiatric illness then yes, she is a cold-blooded-murder who deserves the harshest punishment possible.

If Sofina does have a psychiatric problem then it's a whole different ballgame and I then feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand this.

Well said, x

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/w...est-toddler-sanaya-sahib-20160412-go4mvx.html

Sanaya Sahib murder: Mother Sofina Nikat 'confesses' to killing 14-month-old daughter
by Tammy Mills, Chloe Booker
April 12, 2016 - 9:48PM
1485 reading,

"Homicide Detective Senior Sergeant Stuart Bailey told the bail justice Ms Nikat made a "full confession to the murder" of her 14-month-old daughter, on Saturday, April 9"...

IMO the police would know when and where the child was suffocated. MSN have not released information for us to know if the child was wheeled alive in the pusher to Olympic Park or was strapped-in, but deceased when wheeled to the park. We don't yet know if the child was suffocated at home or in the park.

FYI

The facebook photo of Sofina and Sanaya was dated 7th April 2016. So this was taken by mum five days after the alleged possible attempt at suffocation on 3rd April 2016 and two days before the murder by suffocation on Saturday 9th April 2016.

Id like to know the family structure/bond of Fijian Indians and if the women have the attitude of 'one in, all in' or were they lone immigrants with no other family in Australia.
I know the Phillipinos and the Samoans have all a very close & strong religious fellowship here. It's to be admired.

I wonder if the book she was holding in court was a religious book, like say, the Koran.
If so, then maybe she could have relied on the 'religious sisterhood' for help.

FYI

The facebook photo of Sofina and Sanaya was dated 7th April 2016. So this was taken by mum five days after the alleged possible attempt at suffocation on 3rd April 2016 and two days before the murder by suffocation on Saturday 9th April 2016.

Good pick up Fuskier!
I wonder if mum was contiplateing suicide? More often the case it's suicide or murder suicide?
But to murder your child and live on alone is what I can't get my head around.

I'm sure there will be a reason....whatever it may be....she only knows.

FYI

An interesting coincidence i.e. the mother stated that her attacker who abducted her child wore a black top, black pants and no shoes.
When the alleged murderer was arrested on Tuesday, she is reported in msm as wearing the same i.e. a black top, black pants and no shoes.

FYI

An interesting coincidence i.e. the mother stated that her attacker who abducted her child wore a black top, black pants and no shoes.
When the alleged murderer was arrested on Tuesday, she is reported in msm as wearing the same i.e. a black top, black pants and no shoes.
Nice eye for detail

On the news they stated that authorities had been concerned about the safety of another member of the baby's family. I'm wondering if that was Dad. Possible he was the victim of DV.

On the news they stated that authorities had been concerned about the safety of another member of the baby's family. I'm wondering if that was Dad. Possible he was the victim of DV.
Possibly....Maybe afraid he will try to commit suicide.

Mom could have left baby with daddy if raising her was too much. But I guess we don't know much about that side of the story yet, if he wanted custody that is.

But for now I'm still sticking to my theory on revenge on the husband.

That poor little girl :( How could a mother do this.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back