Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Separated for a year, no contact with his child for 6 months?
Doesn't shout revenge killing to me.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-woman-with-murder-over-death-of-14-month-old

Mr Sahib said he had separated from Nikat about a year ago and had been restricted from seeing Sanaya for the past six months.

However, he said he received a call from Nikat around a week ago asking him to see his daughter again.

"She just said it' been a long time, come see her," Mr Sahib said.

"It's a bit suspicious, I *reckon."

The father said he had learnt that Sanaya and her mother were in *contact with the department of human services but when he approached government agencies about them he was advised to contact a lawyer.

He said he trusted that they would safeguard the welfare of his child so that "nothing like this would ever happen."

Mr Sahib said he is now focussed on arranging Sanaya's funeral.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...-a-child-had-been-killed-20160412-go5040.html

Sanaya Sahib murder: Too many missed real story - a child had been killed
April 13, 2016 - 10:17AM
by Cameron Houston

"Her mother Sofina Nikat, who has been charged with the murder, arrived from Fiji as part of an arranged marriage to the child's father, Sameer Sahib. Within months of Sanaya's birth, the relationship became abusive and Ms Nikat was isolated.
While she has more than 1000 friends on Facebook, she had few people in Melbourne to confide in and eventually sought assistance from the Department of Health and Human Services" ...

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...-a-child-had-been-killed-20160412-go5040.html

Sanaya Sahib murder: Too many missed real story - a child had been killed
April 13, 2016 - 10:17AM
by Cameron Houston

"Her mother Sofina Nikat, who has been charged with the murder, arrived from Fiji as part of an arranged marriage to the child's father, Sameer Sahib. Within months of Sanaya's birth, the relationship became abusive and Ms Nikat was isolated.
While she has more than 1000 friends on Facebook, she had few people in Melbourne to confide in and eventually sought assistance from the Department of Health and Human Services" ...

That article made my blood boil, the mother is the killer here, not 'society' that didn't offer her enough handouts (even though the article clearly claims she had a lot of support). If it's anyone's fault Sanaya was in the company of bad men it's the mothers fault, who is also, clearly a less than savory character herself. Spare us the hand wringing reporter at The Age, and how dare you speak down to the public who could tell there was no random black man from the start!

I think that only the mother and baby are deserving of any sympathy since that has come to light, it doesn't look like she had any real support, possibly the DV and current situation, coupled with her mental state are the cause of this tragedy..
indeed
and i feel sorry for both,sanaya and her mother, the family dynamics are awful to say it mildly

Shannon DeeryVerified account ‏@s_deery 2m2 minutes ago
The case of Sofina Nikat has been called, with Ms Nikat being brought to court now. @theheraldsun

Joel CreanVerified account ‏@JoelCrean 1m1 minute ago
Sofina Nikat has been seen by a doctor and nurse this morning and it is "her preference" not to be brought into court today.
#TenNews

Karen MichaelVerified account ‏@KarenHuf 53s54 seconds ago
Mother of murdered toddler Sofina Nikat has been assessed by a psych nurse & doctor in custody this morning. Excused from attending court.

Jon KailaVerified account ‏@jonkaila 1m1 minute ago
THE mum of Sanaya Sahib has not appeared in court because of
concerns about her mental health - via @s_deery Full story @theheraldsun

Emily AngwinVerified account ‏@EmilyCAngwin 37s37 seconds ago
Sofia Nikat's lawyer says his client was too mentally unstable and doesn't want to be brought up from the cells for her filing hearing.

Herald SunVerified account ‏@theheraldsun 1m1 minute ago
UPDATE: Mum of Sanaya Sahib has not appeared in court because of concerns about her mental health

Sofia Nikat's lawyer says his client was too mentally unstable and doesn't want to be brought up from the cells for her filing hearing.

Here we go ..

Breaking
REMANDED UNTIL AUGUST 2016
Joel CreanVerified account ‏@JoelCrean 46s47 seconds ago
Sofina Nikat didn't appear at a brief hearing due to mental health concerns.
Remanded till Aug.
#TenNews

This makes me mad. Im sure her daughter didn't want to be smothered either. I can see what the defense will be now. Insanity plea

Do you believe she is not mentally unstable?

I think she's going to play on any sympathy she possibly can in order to mitigate her sentence. She's probably a manipulative psychopath like Susan Smith.

So far we've seen her manipulate her image in the following ways.

Random black man did it.
Her clutching the Koran in court and shielding her face with it.
Being unable to face court.

... and that's only this week.

I suspect it will be difficult for her to play that game, given her crazy story on Saturday.
I am not a health professional but I think we can be certain that if she is indeed mentally stable, they will know.

Here is a different take by The Age:

The AgeVerified account ‏@theage 1m1 minute ago
Sanya's mother refuses to leave cells for court hearing More to come #sanaya http://bit.ly/1SLTDZm

Adam CooperVerified account ‏@acooperjourno 3m3 minutes ago
Sanaya Sahib murder: Dead toddler's mother refuses to leave cells for court hearing - http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...-cells-for-court-hearing-20160413-go52fu.html … via @theage

"Defence counsel Michael McNamara: "It's her preference not to be brought up," Mr McNamara said.

Ashleigh BrownVerified account ‏@AshBrown_ 5m5 minutes ago
Accused child-killer Sofina Nikat didn't appear in court today due to mental health issues - remanded until Aug 3 @3AW693

I am so sad for Sanaya, sad that Sofina Nikat has done what she has done, just generally sad all round I guess.

I'm also a bit narked at the comments re PND. If Sofina doesn't have PND or any other diagnosed psychiatric illness then yes, she is a cold-blooded-murder who deserves the harshest punishment possible.

If Sofina does have a psychiatric problem then it's a whole different ballgame and I then feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand this.

Just catching up on this thread and haven't read until the end...

I'm so tired of the PPD/PND excuse for women that kill their helpless and defenseless babies.

Something needs to be said, again, regarding this illness that some mothers deal with on a regular basis. A mother that is going through PPD/PND that is bad enough to MURDER their own child, is now in psychosis. (PPP). When a mother is in PPP, she does not have the wherewithal to make up stories about shoe-less drunks stealing their babies and LYING about for hours on end.

Women with true PPP, will outwardly state, at the time of the murder/crime against their child that "God told them to do it"...or, "I didn't want my baby to suffer in this cruel world, so I sent them to Jesus"....or...."I killed my baby because he/she was too good for this Earth"...or......I'm sure you get my drift.

As far as psychiatric problems go, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gasey, Charles Manson....all had "psychiatric" problems. So what. Maybe we should have felt sorry for them as well. :gaah:

Some people are just selfish and evil. Period. I know that's a hard reality to swallow, but it is a fact.

I'm so tired of the PPD/PND excuse for women that kill their helpless and defenseless babies.

Something needs to be said, again, regarding this illness that some mothers deal with on a regular basis. A mother that is going through PPD/PND that is bad enough to MURDER their own child, is now in psychosis. (PPP). When a mother is in PPP, she does not have the wherewithal to make up stories about shoe-less drunks stealing their babies and LYING about for hours on end.

Women with true PPP, will outwardly state, at the time of the murder/crime against their child that "God told them to do it"...or, "I didn't want my baby to suffer in this cruel world, so I sent them to Jesus"....or...."I killed my baby because he/she was too good for this Earth"...or......I'm sure you get my drift.

As far as psychiatric problems go, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gasey, Charles Manson....all had "psychiatric" problems. So what. Maybe we should have felt sorry for them as well. :gaah:

Some people are just selfish and evil. Period. I know that's a hard reality to swallow, but it is a fact.

Thank you voice of reason! I don't see many people instantly assuming that a man who kills a baby has mental health issues and asks us all to feel sorry for him do we? Her story about the shoeless drunk black man has given her away as a cunning psychopath IMO, just a hopelessly unintelligent one.

Poor Sanaya, may she rest in peace, I hope her whole short life wasn't as horrible as her death.

Yes yes yes yes. She covered her tracks (or tried to) and lied and that (to me) shows premeditation. Just like Susan Smith (even down to the "scary black man took my babies" bit). Andrea Yates, who had PPP as well as a long history of psych problems, never denied what she'd done, I think she even called the cops right afterwards.

7 News SydneyVerified account ‏@7NewsSydney 14m14 minutes ago
Sofina Nikat too unwell to appear in court. Police lodge phone recordings. http://yhoo.it/1RSkQxf #SofinaNikat

Police have CCTV footage and evidence of her phone recordings which are part of the evidence brief against her.

No family present in court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back