Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
7 News SydneyVerified account ‏@7NewsSydney 14m14 minutes ago
Sofina Nikat too unwell to appear in court. Police lodge phone recordings. http://yhoo.it/1RSkQxf #SofinaNikat

Police have CCTV footage and evidence of her phone recordings which are part of the evidence brief against her.

Phone recordings eh?

Just catching up on this thread and haven't read until the end...

I'm so tired of the PPD/PND excuse for women that kill their helpless and defenseless babies.

Something needs to be said, again, regarding this illness that some mothers deal with on a regular basis. A mother that is going through PPD/PND that is bad enough to MURDER their own child, is now in psychosis. (PPP). When a mother is in PPP, she does not have the wherewithal to make up stories about shoe-less drunks stealing their babies and LYING about for hours on end.

Women with true PPP, will outwardly state, at the time of the murder/crime against their child that "God told them to do it"...or, "I didn't want my baby to suffer in this cruel world, so I sent them to Jesus"....or...."I killed my baby because he/she was too good for this Earth"...or......I'm sure you get my drift.

As far as psychiatric problems go, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gasey, Charles Manson....all had "psychiatric" problems. So what. Maybe we should have felt sorry for them as well. :gaah:

Some people are just selfish and evil. Period. I know that's a hard reality to swallow, but it is a fact.
Fantastic post!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...b/news-story/9b44c5ce8a61bd494a91dc2a5ae4a119

Sofina Nikat, mother charged with killing daughter Sanaya Shaib
THE AUSTRALIAN, APRIL 13, 2016 11:28AM
by Greg Brown

Sofina Nikat, the mother charged with the murder of her 14-month-old child, pulled out of a court hearing just minutes before...
The hearing continued without the accused.
She was denied bail and ordered to appear before a committal hearing on August 3.

Defence barrister Michael McNamara told the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court that forensic investigators had requested that Ms Nikat be excused from attending the hearing.
“It is their preference that she not be brought up. Forensic would like to get her assessed.”
He added that she had spent time in the last two days with doctors and psychiatric nurses.
No formal psychiatric assessment was granted because there was no formal request ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-...7321378?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sanaya Sahib's mother Sofina Nikat remanded in custody over alleged murder of toddler
Updated 11 minutes ago

"The magistrate allowed Nikat not to appear "given that information about her mental state".
Mr McNamara told today's hearing his client had already been made a protected prisoner in custody and he believed she was at risk of self-harm"...

Do you believe she is not mentally unstable?

She murdered her child...there's definitely a sandwich short in that picnic.

Think about it....let's get realistic here....she smothered her child albeit a pillow or her hand...she held her baby until it stopped wriggling, breathing...she held her baby till it's last breath or twitch. <HUG MODSNIP>*!!!
Maybe she IS mentally unstable but looking at that video of her calmly pushing that empty pram, scheming all the while for a 'story' it was planned and premeditated...now that's of sound enough mind for me!/B]

That's all for now folks. We are aware sadly that a child has been murdered, allegedly by her mother. It has sent shock waves throughout our community. It is such a tragic crime.:frown:

I would still like to see it verified by someone? that Sanaya was taken to hospital a week prior to being murdered by her mother, and that an attempt was made on little Sanaya's life a week beforehand, of which she supposedly survived only to die a week later. Sanaya was a baby at high risk if that was the case or did they think that because a previous attempt on her life was okay and Sanaya survived that, the mother would just get over wanting to kill her baby in the future? Something about all of that story stinks if there is any truth to it, and it was written in msm. If true Sanaya's death could have been prevented and the baby removed from that high risk environment. That's what makes me mad if the warning signs were there previously.

I think she's going to play on any sympathy she possibly can in order to mitigate her sentence. She's probably a manipulative psychopath like Susan Smith.

So far we've seen her manipulate her image in the following ways.

Random black man did it.
Her clutching the Koran in court and shielding her face with it.
Being unable to face court.

... and that's only this week.

I'm so tired of the PPD/PND excuse for women that kill their helpless and defenseless babies.

Something needs to be said, again, regarding this illness that some mothers deal with on a regular basis. A mother that is going through PPD/PND that is bad enough to MURDER their own child, is now in psychosis. (PPP). When a mother is in PPP, she does not have the wherewithal to make up stories about shoe-less drunks stealing their babies and LYING about for hours on end.

Women with true PPP, will outwardly state, at the time of the murder/crime against their child that "God told them to do it"...or, "I didn't want my baby to suffer in this cruel world, so I sent them to Jesus"....or...."I killed my baby because he/she was too good for this Earth"...or......I'm sure you get my drift.

As far as psychiatric problems go, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gasey, Charles Manson....all had "psychiatric" problems. So what. Maybe we should have felt sorry for them as well. :gaah:

Some people are just selfish and evil. Period. I know that's a hard reality to swallow, but it is a fact.

I agree. Can anyone imagine if an innocent Somalian man was in the vicinity and arrested for kidnapping and killing Sanaya? If there wasn't evidence like the CCTV capturing her mother waltzing back home to 'raise the alarm', this would be a different story. Would she have spoken up to save his hide, I don't think so. It's every man/woman for themselves in cases like these.

There are personality disorders that include symptoms - lack of empathy & compassion, a sense of entitlement, of being above the law, lack of guilt or remorse, people are seen as objects to be used, abused and discarded at will. These disorders won't save a perpetrator from a prison sentence because they know right from wrong and premeditation is always a given. But it 's still a mental illness and there is treatment, the sooner, the better.

If a child survives their babyhood, they can be scapegoated by this parent, treated harshly, abused, neglected and unloved. These children are the silent victims who we rarely hear about unless it is brought to the attention of social services or the authorities.

It's hard for most people to comprehend a mother discarding her child like a piece of garbage, I never understood it myself until recently. Imo, there is a difference between a mother with PND taking her child's life because they believe the child is defective or the world is a bad place. It's a temporary psychosis that can occur from extreme lack of sleep, isolation etc. A mother is in a state of shock and if she hasn't taken her life, she will reveal her state of mind to those around her and to the police.

I have no idea what Sanaya's mother has or hasn't, but I think it is wise to question the PND thrown around after the death of every single child killed by their mother. Imo, that is a serious mistake.

I agree. Can anyone imagine if an innocent Somalian man was in the vicinity and arrested for kidnapping and killing Sanaya? If there wasn't evidence like the CCTV capturing her mother waltzing back home to 'raise the alarm', this would be a different story. Would she have spoken up to save his hide, I don't think so. It's every man/woman for themselves in cases like these.

There are personality disorders that include symptoms - lack of empathy & compassion, a sense of entitlement, of being above the law, lack of guilt or remorse, people are seen as objects to be used, abused and discarded at will. These disorders won't save a perpetrator from a prison sentence because they know right from wrong and premeditation is always a given. But it 's still a mental illness and there is treatment, the sooner, the better.

If a child survives their babyhood, they can be scapegoated by this parent, treated harshly, abused, neglected and unloved. These children are the silent victims who we rarely hear about unless it is brought to the attention of social services or the authorities.

It's hard for most people to comprehend a mother discarding her child like a piece of garbage, I never understood it myself until recently. Imo, there is a difference between a mother with PND taking her child's life because they believe the child is defective or the world is a bad place. It's a temporary psychosis that can occur from extreme lack of sleep, isolation etc. A mother is in a state of shock and if she hasn't taken her life, she will reveal her state of mind to those around her and to the police.

I have no idea what Sanaya's mother has or hasn't, but I think it is wise to question the PND thrown around after the death of every single child killed by their mother. Imo, that is a serious mistake.

I think PND diagnosis is very real and a medical condition that affects the brain because of all the hormonal changes and physical changes a woman goes through post birth of her child. But i'm not sure that is what happened in this case to cause a mother to think about killing her child and then acting on those impulses, not once but possibly twice.
Surely the mother in question here knew there was help out there if she needed it, and could of gone to her doctor for starters to get some help. I wish her psychiatric assessment could of been done prior to this tragic outcome for Sanaya, :(

She murdered her child...there's definitely a sandwich short in that picnic.

Think about it....let's get realistic here....she smothered her child albeit a pillow or her hand...she held her baby until it stopped wriggling, breathing...she held her baby till it's last breath or twitch. <HUG MODSNIP>*!!!
Maybe she IS mentally unstable but looking at that video of her calmly pushing that empty pram, scheming all the while for a 'story' it was planned and premeditated...now that's of sound enough mind for me!/B]

From what i read the police have not divulged COD yet?

I think PND diagnosis is very real and a medical condition that affects the brain because of all the hormonal changes and physical changes a woman goes through post birth of her child. But i'm not sure that is what happened in this case to cause a mother to think about killing her child and then acting on those impulses, not once but possibly twice.
Surely the mother in question here knew there was help out there if she needed it, and could of gone to her doctor for starters to get some help. I wish her psychiatric assessment could of been done prior to this tragic outcome for Sanaya, :(

I agree, it is a real diagnosis and I know 2 women who had it after the birth of their child/ren. I'm giving an alternate reason why a mother might kill her child. I hope Safina is given a psychiatric assessment to determine what she is suffering from because even though there are different causes, they're all categorized as a mental illness. That's why some mothers serve time in prison for killing their child while others don't, they receive psychiatric care.
Keli Lane is serving an 18 yr sentence for the murder of her newborn baby, Tegan, whose body has never been found. Her behaviour prior and after the discard of her child was indicative of a personality disorder.

From what i read the police have not divulged COD yet?

Yes MSM have conflicting reasons -

Police won't confirm reports the post-mortem shows Sanaya died of smothering
Yahoo7

According to The Herald Sun Sanaya was smothered before she was thrown into the Darebin Creek.
Read more at http://www.************.au/sanaya-shaib-latest/#j3qVLJlIklt3BOVj.99

An autopsy has reportedly revealed the child was smothered to death.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/d...ysfunctional-environment-20160411-go3pzi.html

Phone recordings eh?

Wonder how they would get phone recordings? I know text messages and photos can be retrieved, but never heard of phone conversations being able to be retrieved?
Maybe they were messages left on voicemail?

Yes MSM have conflicting reasons -

Police won't confirm reports the post-mortem shows Sanaya died of smothering
Yahoo7

According to The Herald Sun Sanaya was smothered before she was thrown into the Darebin Creek.
Read more at http://www.************.au/sanaya-shaib-latest/#j3qVLJlIklt3BOVj.99

An autopsy has reportedly revealed the child was smothered to death.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/d...ysfunctional-environment-20160411-go3pzi.html

Thanks for the info. & links.

I agree, it is a real diagnosis and I know 2 women who had it after the birth of their child/ren. I'm giving an alternate reason why a mother might kill her child. I hope Safina is given a psychiatric assessment to determine what she is suffering from because even though there are different causes, they're all categorized as a mental illness. That's why some mothers serve time in prison for killing their child while others don't, they receive psychiatric care.
Keli Lane is serving an 18 yr sentence for the murder of her newborn baby, Tegan, whose body has never been found. Her behaviour prior and after the discard of her child was indicative of a personality disorder.

Yes i'm sure there are a variety of differing reasons from PND and how it manifests from deep depression to harming a child, and what new mothers go through to cause such tragedies. It is very sad IMO. Maybe Sanaya's mother was having a psychotic episode that went untreated and we really don't know what was going on in her head to commit such an awful crime? Whatever it was the onset was very recent because i imagine her baby came to no harm previously that we know of?

Karinna said:
Wonder how they would get phone recordings? I know text messages and photos can be retrieved, but never heard of phone conversations being able to be retrieved?
Maybe they were messages left on voicemail?

My first thought was voicemails from Sanifa threatening to harm Sanaya :(

Thankyou! As a mother of a small baby I'm offended on behalf of every woman who has suffered PND. As I said earlier, it's a cop out for some women. 'Kill your baby? Oh that's ok, you must have PND.. We feel sorry for you..' No. Any person who takes another life has some sort of mental illness, and we have no sympathy for them. It's time to focus on what's happened here - an innocent baby was killed by her mother, after living what sounds like a below average life, and was then dumped like garbage in a creek. No ifs or buts.

My first thought was voicemails from Sanifa threatening to harm Sanaya :(

Could well be, she's already confessed so really all they need is degree of guilt, premeditation caught on tape would definitely help.

Thankyou! As a mother of a small baby I'm offended on behalf of every woman who has suffered PND. As I said earlier, it's a cop out for some women. 'Kill your baby? Oh that's ok, you must have PND.. We feel sorry for you..' No. Any person who takes another life has some sort of mental illness, and we have no sympathy for them. It's time to focus on what's happened here - an innocent baby was killed by her mother, after living what sounds like a below average life, and was then dumped like garbage in a creek. No ifs or buts.
Why is it hard for people to believe that some people are just bad/evil.

Mental illness/PND is something different. The vast majority of people suffering from mental illness will never hurt anyone else. And most who are being treated for their illness are probably in a better place than 'healthy' people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back