Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:tears:

RIP sweetheart :rose:

Got me wondering about mums scratched and muddy arms, did she try and save her and for some reason lied about an abduction or is it something sinister? (thinking out loud)

Something doesn't sit right with me either.
Why abduct a baby to dump them, as such, so close, so I'm presuming soon after doing so.
Doesn't make sense.

Heartbroken another baby taken too soon.

There are lots of examples of strangers hanging around playgrounds etc, though..... also a domestic violence/filicide/revenge scenario is statistically more likely...... i think it is too early to speculate but also impossible not to wonder.... :'( I have 5 little ones, I can't bear to think of the angush in the whole family today :( RIP Sanaya :'(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few things I am curious about on this case:
-why did the mum return home to raise the alarm (presumably there would have been a few people about on 10am on a Saturday?), plus she would have passed many other homes and people with cell phones etc. This is a busy park, even if she was on the walking trail to the north and closer to her home (Perth St?), I can't imagine that she didn't encounter one other person.
-I'm wondering if she left the stroller at the park while she ran home? If she did return home with the stroller, this would be a strange reaction...

There may be cultural differences that would explain her not turning to strangers to help...

I am trying not to be too suspicious here, as there was a recent case where a child was abducted by a stranger and found drowned in a pond only minutes later but some details really bother me. Barefooted stranger? Somali?

No doubt the Australian police will solve this thing without too many more details being revealed to us first, as is their custom :)

RIP sweet little girl. May justice be swift for you darling angel.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

It's hard to explain away Mum's appearance that's for sure. Police this morning did give details of an intoxicated man. Still leaning towards it being Mum. 😢

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

-why did the mum return home to raise the alarm (presumably there would have been a few people about on 10am on a Saturday?), plus she would have passed many other homes and people with cell phones etc. This is a busy park, even if she was on the walking trail to the north and closer to her home (Perth St?), I can't imagine that she didn't encounter one other person.
-I'm wondering if she left the stroller at the park while she ran home? If she did return home with the stroller, this would be a strange reaction...

There may be cultural differences that would explain her not turning to strangers to help...

I am trying not to be too suspicious here, as there was a recent case where a child was abducted by a stranger and found drowned in a pond only minutes later but some details really bother me. Barefooted stranger? Somali?

No doubt the Australian police will solve this thing without too many more details being revealed to us first, as is their custom :)

I'm wondering, Did she not have a cell phone?

Agreed returning with the stroller would be very strange. IMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Something doesn't sit right with me either.
Why abduct a baby to dump them, as such, so close, so I'm presuming soon after doing so.
Doesn't make sense.

Heartbroken another baby taken too soon.

I've been wondering this as well. The only thing I can think of is that he panicked and dumped the baby (either in the water or just on the ground and she found her way into the pond and drowned).

Certainly doesn't sound like the most likely scenario but who knows. I hope whoever did this is brought to justice quickly.

-why did the mum return home to raise the alarm (presumably there would have been a few people about on 10am on a Saturday?), plus she would have passed many other homes and people with cell phones etc.

This is what bugs me the most. Returning home away from where the man is running off with your child just seems so abnormal. I feel like most mothers would be chasing after the man and making a scene trying to attract other people who might be able to help or contact police. Especially as she said he headed towards a shopping centre which you would assume would be quite crowded.

Then again as you said there may be cultural reasons for how she reacted that we don't yet understand. :(

The neighbors searching through the night and coming across poor Sanaya at nearly 3am in the morning is odd too. I wonder if they were suspicious or perhaps they knew of this barefooted character from the area?

A recently updated report gives the same description of the abductor (although I haven't seen a report with an identikit image yet):
Detective Senior Sergeant Bailey said police believed it was a random attack.

The man has been described as between 20 and 30 years of age, about six feet tall with short dark hair and not wearing shoes.

Police said he was wearing black pants and a black zipper top.

They said he had dark skin and smelt heavily of alcohol.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-10/child's-body-found-in-creek-in-heidelberg-west/7313868

The family doing the search had apparently had a child go missing previously but that had a happy ending
The neighbors searching through the night and coming across poor Sanaya at nearly 3am in the morning is odd too. I wonder if they were suspicious or perhaps they knew of this barefooted character from the area?

A recently updated report gives the same description of the abductor (although I haven't seen a report with an identikit image yet):

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-10/child's-body-found-in-creek-in-heidelberg-west/7313868

The family doing the search had apparently had a child go missing previously but that had a happy ending

Yes, I saw that. But still, 3am? And walking along the creek bed...what were they hoping to find in the water 17 hours after the abduction? Not a happy ending, I don't think.

So apparently she did run back home with the stroller ...
Once the child has been abducted, she (the mother) has chased the offender for a short period of time, realised she wasn’t making any ground there, so she has returned back to her home with the stroller and notified authorities there.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...t/news-story/eed24b1ef2ff9787603d085f89601b63

The reporters feed under the story says the mom is still with police...maybe working on that identikit?!?

The body was found by a family, including a child, who were searching for the girl after seeing a Facebook post requesting volunteer searches.
The family, who had also lost a child in the past who they later found alive and well, found the toddler partially submerged as they were walking along the western side of Darebin Creek.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/search-for-15month-toddler-missing-from-olympic-park-heidelberg-west/news-story/eed24b1ef2ff9787603d085f89601b63

According to police, four people belonging to a family whose own child once went missing – and was later found – spent the night looking for the missing toddler, trawling parks and creeks close to where she was abducted from a park in Melbourne's north on Saturday morning.

The body was found by a family, including a child, who were searching for the girl after seeing a Facebook post requesting volunteer searches.
The family, who had also lost a child in the past who they later found alive and well, found the toddler partially submerged as they were walking along the western side of Darebin Creek.
...srbm...
Yes thanks, I read that and I think I linked to the same article. I understand their personal motivation I just wonder if, being neighbors, they saw or heard something that made them even more motivated...like if they had seen the described perpetrator, or witnessed the mom's frenzied return from the park OR if they had reason to disbelieve kidnapping story? It just seems that searching a nearby creek, 17 hours later at 3am...well, you really can only be looking for one result.

Re: the stroller
I guess it is possible that the mom decided to keep it in her possession to preserve any evidence of a culprit.
I try to think how I'd act and I know that is not fair.
I am not blaming, just questioning.
Mainly, I am sad. Again. For a little innocent being whose life had barely begun.

such a horrible, sad and scary thing. I hope they get the person involved. I don't think the mum was involved. I dont know how i would handle it. she tried to chase him but she wasn't fast enough. Maybe there wasn't people close to her it looks like a decent size park. she didn't have her phone and the house she was at was close and people that she trust were there...but then again i could be completely wrong. Poor little angel RIP xx

The police are now describing a suspect, makes me less dubious than before, although they are still guarded in how they report it. I guess in traumatic circumstances people don't always act logically and may go home rather than to a strangers house. If the autopsy shows something like sexual assault it'll be pretty clear. Our community needs to know asap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back