Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is really hard to tell from the different reports exactly what happened where*.

In one report she was sitting on a park bench when she was pushed to the ground, in another she was walking.

In one report the perpetrator was walking towards her and doubled back. In another report he was sitting watching her. A couple of articles mentioned that she didn't see his face?

*I don't think the variation in the reports comes from alternate versions of her story, if indeed, she's even directly talked to the media at all. I think various relatives have spoken to the press and given their version of the story that was told to them...and Chinese whispers ensues...

The bridge across the Darebin Creek leads to a Target carpark and it is 10am on a Saturday - I hope some witnesses will come forward soon to help with this case. Surely somebody noticed the barefooted 6-foot Somali carrying a baby? Or a dishevelled and distressed mother with an empty stroller?
As an Australian, I would not hesitate to ask anyone for help - be it a jogger, someone carrying groceries, a kid on a bike, even someone driving past - but I know other cultures think differently. Maybe she felt she needed the support of her family to face the situation.

It is really hard to tell from the different reports exactly what happened where*.

In one report she was sitting on a park bench when she was pushed to the ground, in another she was walking.

In one report the perpetrator was walking towards her and doubled back. In another report he was sitting watching her. A couple of articles mentioned that she didn't see his face?

*I don't think the variation in the reports comes from alternate versions of her story, if indeed, she's even directly talked to the media at all. I think various relatives have spoken to the press and given their version of the story that was told to them...and Chinese whispers ensues...

The bridge across the Darebin Creek leads to a Target carpark and it is 10am on a Saturday - I hope some witnesses will come forward soon to help with this case. Surely somebody noticed the barefooted 6-foot Somali carrying a baby? Or a dishevelled and distressed mother with an empty stroller?
As an Australian, I would not hesitate to ask anyone for help - be it a jogger, someone carrying groceries, a kid on a bike, even someone driving past - but I know other cultures think differently. Maybe she felt she needed the support of her family to face the situation.

Yeah the different accounts make it difficult to know what actually happened, but I find that happens a lot in the early coverage of these accounts.

They are looking at the CCTV, everyone who entered the park had to leave at some point, so if such a man exists he will be on someone's camera somewhere.

From your link:

Victoria Police forensics are now searching a home address of*the mother of the dead toddler.

They have been joined by members of the homicide division.

They have started their search of the house by checking*discarded rubbish near the property and in the back garden.

Forensics police said they were expecting to stay at the house for several hours.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Don't be too quick to jump to conclusions, guys. The house search is just routine. I remember similar suspicions occured in the Jill Meagher case.
RIP to this little angel and much love to her family :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to give this mum the benefit of the doubt but I just can't shake this feeling... I hope I am wrong.
RIP baby girl, very sad to see a little innocent child taken too soon.

Does a body sink first and then float to the surface later and if so in what time frame or is that like asking 'how long is a piece of string......?

From the above story- "Police don't know how long the body had been in the water". Really? If she went missing at ten am, it's less than 24 hours that she was there. Surely a body that has been in water for 14 odd hours looks very different to one that has been there for days?

Not pointing fingers but that comment stood out.

Rest peacefully with all the other beautiful angels Sanaya. They will embrace you.

Something doesn't sit right with me either.
Why abduct a baby to dump them, as such, so close, so I'm presuming soon after doing so.
Doesn't make sense.

Heartbroken another baby taken too soon.

Why? Why not. Assuming it wasn't "someone she knew", the most likely reason is a sexually motivated crime and that doesn't take very much time. Gabbi Doolin was abducted, raped and murdered and her body was found just 25 minutes after she was reported missing, behind the school where she and her family had been at a football game. It's all about opportunity.

Not saying I necessarily hold that to be what happened here. But finding the baby close to the abduction spot sits within the previous cases I've encountered here and elsewhere.

Such a terrible outcome.

I'm not familiar with Melbourne and the area so a couple of questions:

- Would Saturday morning sport be played on either of the two ovals at 10am? If so then presumably there was lots of people around the ovals and carpark/playground. If the abduction was on the bicycle path though then from some of the photos the media has posted it does look a lot more secluded and out of the way where there may not be anyone nearby to immediately seek help from, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area/park. A lot of the time I don't take my mobile phone with me either so not everyone has a phone handy always.

- What is the ethnicity breakdown and socio demographics of the suburb? E.g. is it a lower income suburb? Is there a large Somalia/African population in the suburb or would (being frank) someone of Somali heritage running through a park be remembered by most people as it isn't an everyday sight in the area?

https://www.google.com/maps/@-37.73...9Y-X5NPieR0kIbe_pg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1 is where the bike trail joins up near Perth Street and presumably where the mother entered/left the park from. It does look like it could be quite secluded, especially as it heads towards the line of trees etc

From the above story- "Police don't know how long the body had been in the water". Really? If she went missing at ten am, it's less than 24 hours that she was there. Surely a body that has been in water for 14 odd hours looks very different to one that has been there for days?

Not pointing fingers but that comment stood out.

Rest peacefully with all the other beautiful angels Sanaya. They will embrace you.

I'm sure they will have some idea if they've got plenty of experience of looking at dead babies in water, but it's much better to say "we can't say" and let the experts make the decisions than introduce confusion (didn't that happen with Joey LaBute?). If nothing else, it's part of the evidentiary process and better kept to themselves in case they need to use it in questioning.

Forensic investigators left the property about 7pm while detectives remained in the home with the girl's family. A detective was seen leaving the house carrying a paper bag labelled "disposable nappies" in black marker.
No charges relating to Sanaya's death have been laid but police said they were also searching for a man who Ms Nikat said snatched Sanaya from the nearby Olympic Park.

Such a terrible outcome.

- Would Saturday morning sport be played on either of the two ovals at 10am? If so then presumably there was lots of people around the ovals and carpark/playground. If the abduction was on the bicycle path though then from some of the photos the media has posted it does look a lot more secluded and out of the way where there may not be anyone nearby to immediately seek help from, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area/park. A lot of the time I don't take my mobile phone with me either so not everyone has a phone handy always.

- What is the ethnicity breakdown and socio demographics of the suburb? E.g. is it a lower income suburb? Is there a large Somalia/African population in the suburb or would (being frank) someone of Somali heritage running through a park be remembered by most people as it isn't an everyday sight in the area?

https://www.google.com/maps/@-37.73...9Y-X5NPieR0kIbe_pg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1 is where the bike trail joins up near Perth Street and presumably where the mother entered/left the park from. It does look like it could be quite secluded, especially as it heads towards the line of trees etc

Good questions and i didn't think there were many Somalian/African immigrants in Australia at all? If there is it must be a fairly recent thing IMO, because once not too long ago it would be rare to see a black person in Aus. apart from the native indigenous people.

[h=1]Shoppers in disbelief over the death of toddler Sanaya Shaib[/h]SHOPPERS have reacted with shock and disbelief after a dead toddler was found dumped in a creek just metres from a major shopping precinct.

The body of 15-month-old Sanaya Shaib was found in Darebin Creek about 2:45am this morning, less than 50 metres from the side fence of the bustling Northland Shopping Centre carpark in Preston.

Nearby resident Michelle said she was shocked because the parkland was normally busy with bike riders, walkers and families with dogs on the weekend.
“At the time the baby went missing (about 10am on Saturday) the park wouldn’t have been too busy, but there would have normally been some people playing ball games and bike riders going past,” she said.
Nicole, who did not want to give her surname, said she has lived in the Heidelberg West area for 39 years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...b/news-story/4f43797ac908804ea70498d55bb9ed89

Such a terrible outcome.

It is an area with a bad reputation - I don't know from first hand experience but that's what I've always been told about it. I used to work nearby and while the suburb we were in was fine, the shopping centre supposedly had a lot of car thefts. Also the way that the house looks that mum was photographed outside looks a bit rough by general standards.

A lot of our new Australians are coming from Africa, and this says that 5% of people from that suburb are from Somalia http://heidelberg-west.localstats.com.au/demographics/vic/melbourne/north/heidelberg-west

So I don't think he would be out of place as such, but honestly a drunk barefoot black man would probably attract a lot more attention than a white guy with runners on walking his dog.

[h=1]Shoppers in disbelief over the death of toddler Sanaya Shaib[/h]SHOPPERS have reacted with shock and disbelief after a dead toddler was found dumped in a creek just metres from a major shopping precinct.

The body of 15-month-old Sanaya Shaib was found in Darebin Creek about 2:45am this morning, less than 50 metres from the side fence of the bustling Northland Shopping Centre carpark in Preston.

Nearby resident Michelle said she was shocked because the parkland was normally busy with bike riders, walkers and families with dogs on the weekend.
“At the time the baby went missing (about 10am on Saturday) the park wouldn’t have been too busy, but there would have normally been some people playing ball games and bike riders going past,” she said.
Nicole, who did not want to give her surname, said she has lived in the Heidelberg West area for 39 years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...b/news-story/4f43797ac908804ea70498d55bb9ed89

I agree and think this would be a very rare thing to happen in Melbourne at that time of day on a weekend without someone noticing or hearing something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back