Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good questions and i didn't think there were many Somalian/African immigrants in Australia at all? If there is it must be a fairly recent thing IMO, because once not too long ago it would be rare to see a black person in Aus. apart from the native indigenous people.

Over recent years there has been an influx of African immigrants. Just in my town alone many have come to work at onesteel and Arrium. im sure its the same all over Australia. Its not rare at all.

This is a superstition I've heard before. Just some further thoughts....

South Africans rape children as cure for Aids

Now the city has another problem, a dramatic increase in child rape caused by the myth that sex with a virgin cures HIV.

She attributes this to the myth that HIV/Aids sufferers can be cured if they have sex with a virgin. Kenyon recalls how a senior policeman who recently overheard her rebutting the widespread belief interrupted her. 'But it does!' he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jun/29/southafrica.aids

The belief that having sex with virgins will cure AIDS has led to a marked increase in the rapes of infants and children in South Africa.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/babyrape.asp

This is a superstition I've heard before. Just some further thoughts....

South Africans rape children as cure for Aids

Now the city has another problem, a dramatic increase in child rape caused by the myth that sex with a virgin cures HIV.

She attributes this to the myth that HIV/Aids sufferers can be cured if they have sex with a virgin. Kenyon recalls how a senior policeman who recently overheard her rebutting the widespread belief interrupted her. 'But it does!' he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jun/29/southafrica.aids

The belief that having sex with virgins will cure AIDS has led to a marked increase in the rapes of infants and children in South Africa.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/babyrape.asp

Wow :(

Over recent years there has been an influx of African immigrants. Just in my town alone many have come to work at onesteel and Arrium. im sure its the same all over Australia. Its not rare at all.

In the west of Sydney, a city of Blacktown is extremely heavily populated.

I'm in awe of the beauty of their skin. The women are tall, beautifully dressed and groomed.

We can speculate based on what information is provided. Part of the mother's account of what happened doesn't ring true, so in my mind, it's not unreasonable to question the account. She said that a Somali man, smelling of alcohol, undid the clips in the pram and took off with the baby.

I am a mother, have a pram, and have had experience with the safety clips. They require a little bit of finickity fingering to find them and get them open. I don't believe that a man ( :/ ), who is possibly drunk, and possibly an immigrant, unfamiliar with the clips, would know that there are clips, and how to open them fast enough that the mother couldn't do anything about it.

In any case, the pram clips should have lots of fingerprints if a drunk man was involved.

Those Clips can be a pain in the butt to undo...was it a 5 point harness pram or a single strap? was she actually strapped in? cant remember the age of my babies when they started undoing the clip themselves (probably older than 15 mths)? (just thinking out loud after the comment of the clips, had flash backs)

here is the link: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/ac9f7125a070870240ca85bcdd08e0bf

I found this portion of the article interesting. CCTV footage being collected from homes in the area near that of the one little Sanaya and her mother were guests.
Also from article:

In the early afternoon, Ms Nikat was helped into an unmarked police car in the company of homicide squad detectives and social workers.

Police stressed that Ms Nikat, who carried a small suitcase, was not being taken away for questioning but for “welfare reasons”.

Shortly afterwards, police and forensics officers arrived to start examining her brother’s property. Police said they were keeping all avenues of investigation open.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In the west of Sydney, a city of Blacktown is extremely heavily populated.

I'm in awe of the beauty of their skin. The women are tall, beautifully dressed and groomed.

I agree, Stunning and their children gorgeous

Next-door neighbour Melynda Smith said the family were quiet and she had not heard any disturbances.

She said the family was close and had hosted Sanaya’s first birthday party at Mr Aly’s Perth St home.

“They support each other,” Ms Smith said.

“I always see the mother out walking with her, getting fresh air ... they are always spending time with the bub and the bub is never out of the mum’s sight.

“She is a very well cared for and looked after little girl.”

Mr Aly said he and his family had been supporting his sister through her separation from her partner, who lived in Hallam.

He said his sister and Sanaya had been staying in Mitcham but visited his home regularly.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...t/news-story/91f2a999eca7edc747fb8a73c6c33024

Those Clips can be a pain in the butt to undo...was it a 5 point harness pram or a single strap? was she actually strapped in? cant remember the age of my babies when they started undoing the clip themselves (probably older than 15 mths)? (just thinking out loud after the comment of the clips, had flash backs)

Agree - that's what I was going to say. My two youngest are 2 and 3 and they stay put in the pusher so I don't always strap them in - e.g. we are at the park, they've gotten out, been playing, or maybe been having a feed/cuddle, they climb back in (toddlers love to climb into pushers by themselves) I just push on, because I know they'll stay in and if they do happen to jump out, well we are at the park, on the grass, not near a road.
Also, what brand is the pusher. Some pushers have straps are really difficult to use so people just don't use them at all. Other pushers have extremely easy straps. I have a Baby Jogger brand pusher, the straps are very easy to quickly undo. And I know there are even easier ones. Maybe if the straps were very fiddly, Mum just kept them done up loosely, so she could slide Sanaya in and out (especially if Sanaya was the type who wouldn't climb and try to get out).
Anyway my main point is - somebody could definitely come up and grab your child out of the pusher. Especially if Mum was pushed over into the dirt first. And having a baby not strapped in is not a crime, not even negligent. It's not like we strap our kids in pushers with the thought "now nobody can abduct him". We want to stop the kid slipping/climbing/falling out.

Re: the body not being found until 3am and police not knowing how long the body had been in the water. It seems logical to me that police and SES already searched that part of the water. Nobody can know when her body went into the water, perhaps her body was dumped there after dark, after the searchers went home.

I just keep thinking of "maybes" and "what ifs" and I don't think the mother did this. There have been lots and lots of "weirdos perving on kids at parks" in recent years, lots of "suspicious cars following schoolkids" and while I know it is statistically most likely that a parent or family member is involved, I don't think the mother did this.

That bit about raping a virgin to cure AIDS just turned my stomach and I'm not easily shocked :'( I hope to high heaven that is not what happened here :'(

It's hard to know what to think. It was initially reported as an abduction, then after the body was found the reporting seemed to throw doubt on the mother, using words like the mother "claimed" it was an abduction.

Yesterday it was again reported as an abduction... now it is reported that police won't be releasing a sketch of the suspect. How weird.

I agree, ms madge. I'd have thought the police would have already searched the creek and park extensively.

The article below indicates that the body was found at 2.45am after the police stopped searching at 9.30pm.

Police said that the body could've been submerged during the search then floated to the surface.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...b/news-story/245bc3c916309f03ef9e231a00440c31

Wasn't there also something reported about the abductor running across the bridge to the shopping centre, or am I confused?

Ah yes, here it is:

1104_heidelberg_map.jpg

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/police-believe-they-have-found-the-body-of-a-missing-toddler-who-vanished-from-heidelberg-west-park-20160409-go2oxw.html

Police have refused to reveal whether CCTV cameras in the parkland where 15-month-old Sanaya Shaib was found dead after going missing on Saturday were working at the time of her alleged abduction.

The creek runs fast and deep up near Perth Street, where Ms Nikat said she strapped Sanaya into her stroller.

Rubbish sits in big, untended piles on the lane that runs behind the tiny house; busted white goods, women's clothes, a big bag of dog excrement.
Further down, the creek slows and grows reedy.
This is where Sanaya's body was found, early in the morning, more than 12 hours after her mother said she was snatched from her arms.

The creek is wide open and well lit.
The banks are marshy and the grass is long but not overgrown.

A woman and a man come down to lay a small tribute. She walks her huge dog through Olympic park and along the creek most days. She was here on Saturday at 10am, when the crime was supposed to have been committed.
She can't understand how she saw nothing.

"There's loads of people here at 10am," the man says.

"That's a sports oval, it's full of footballers or soccer players," he says, gesturing at the nearby park. "And this is a bike path, it's full of cyclists every minute."

Police have refused to reveal whether CCTV cameras in the parkland where 15-month-old Sanaya Shaib was found dead after going missing on Saturday were working at the time of her alleged abduction.

The creek runs fast and deep up near Perth Street, where Ms Nikat said she strapped Sanaya into her stroller.

Rubbish sits in big, untended piles on the lane that runs behind the tiny house; busted white goods, women's clothes, a big bag of dog excrement.
Further down, the creek slows and grows reedy.
This is where Sanaya's body was found, early in the morning, more than 12 hours after her mother said she was snatched from her arms.

The creek is wide open and well lit.
The banks are marshy and the grass is long but not overgrown.

A woman and a man come down to lay a small tribute. She walks her huge dog through Olympic park and along the creek most days. She was here on Saturday at 10am, when the crime was supposed to have been committed.
She can't understand how she saw nothing.

"There's loads of people here at 10am," the man says.

"That's a sports oval, it's full of footballers or soccer players," he says, gesturing at the nearby park. "And this is a bike path, it's full of cyclists every minute."

So the couple claims they were there at the time of the abduction and saw nothing. Said the park is busy that time of day....

Police not saying if CCTV was working or not...

Not releasing any sketches.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Calling BS on this one, haven't read thread, but is everyone feeling the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been following this closely here on the news (TV & print press) also on social media. The moment I heard this story break I had a gut instinct, the story just didn't add up. This is a very populated area surrounded by a large shopping centre & football fields that would have had lots of people around at that time of the morning. Junior football starts at that time of day so the parks would have been very busy, yet nobody saw or heard anything. I know people don't react as we expect them to react in times of stress but this mother was completely emotionless when lead to the car by female detectives. I hope & pray I'm wrong but from what I'm reading here in Australia most people are having the same thoughts.

I'm quite disgusted that the mother thought she could play on racist stereotypes and blame an imaginary Somalian, that's just damn rude. I wonder if she didn't simply tip the poor child into the creek from the stroller. Poor little girl. RIP

Calling BS on this one, haven't read thread, but is everyone feeling the same way?

Feeling squeamish too but I've jumped to conclusions before and I've been terribly wrong. It's hard to believe a mother would but.....unfortunately it happens.

It's reminding me of the baby who was found in the drain in Quakers Hill NSW. Thank God a passerby heard the cries.

A Sydney mother admitted to police that she dumped her newborn baby boy down a drain knowing it would kill him, court papers show.
The case against the 30-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was heard briefly in Blacktown Local Court on Monday after she was charged overnight with the attempted murder of the boy.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mother-ad...apers-show-20141124-11sjzg.html#ixzz45UTqUSAL
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
workerbma
Back