Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[h=1]Dead toddler grew up in 'dysfunctional environment'[/h]
Dead toddler Sanaya Sahib grew up in an environment of dysfunction and violence, according to neighbours and other sources close to the family.
In the past week, the 15-month old was in close contact with two men facing serious criminal charges, who can't be identified for legal reasons.
One of these men is charged with serious family violence offences, including assault with a weapon.

While police are hunting for a man matching the description given by Sanaya's mother, Sofina Nikat, homicide detectives are also expected to examine links between the men, who were close to the family, and the toddler's death.

Ms Nikat was taken to a safe house on Sunday afternoon and is understood to have been instructed not to make contact with the relatives whose house she had been staying at in Perth Street.

It is not known if police have questioned the child's father, Sameer Sahib, who was estranged from Ms Nikat after the relationship ended acrimoniously
Well that opens up a heap of possibilities

Over recent years there has been an influx of African immigrants. Just in my town alone many have come to work at onesteel and Arrium. im sure its the same all over Australia. Its not rare at all.

Well where i am in regional NSW it is rare to see any people of African nationality and i have seen about two in the CBD here, but i guess it is more prominent in other areas where there are more chances of employment for them. I would say there are more people from India here from what i have seen.
I know Melbourne & Sydney is very multicultural though.

I am giving this case the benefit of the doubt until more info. is released, but it sounds a bit suss from what we have heard so far. Poor little girl whatever happened to cause her death at such a tender age, :(

Have they been deleted? I just scrolled through all of them and found nothing but someone mentioning the relative..

Yes, sorry looks like they have been deleted. It wasn't very nice towards the mother iykwim.

[h=1]Dead toddler grew up in 'dysfunctional environment'[/h]
Dead toddler Sanaya Sahib grew up in an environment of dysfunction and violence, according to neighbours and other sources close to the family.
In the past week, the 15-month old was in close contact with two men facing serious criminal charges, who can't be identified for legal reasons.
One of these men is charged with serious family violence offences, including assault with a weapon.

While police are hunting for a man matching the description given by Sanaya's mother, Sofina Nikat, homicide detectives are also expected to examine links between the men, who were close to the family, and the toddler's death.

Ms Nikat was taken to a safe house on Sunday afternoon and is understood to have been instructed not to make contact with the relatives whose house she had been staying at in Perth Street.

It is not known if police have questioned the child's father, Sameer Sahib, who was estranged from Ms Nikat after the relationship ended acrimoniously

Well now I feel bad for thinking it was only the mother. This changes things. Maybe she lied about who it was out of fear??

I have been wondering about a photo on her fb page where she looks like her makeup is covering a black eye...I could be wrong

Well now I feel bad for thinking it was only the mother. This changes things. Maybe she lied about who it was out of fear??
I agree she probably made the whole story up as instructed. Hence why the safe house for her

Did I just read right?? The cameras located in the park, may not have been operational!?!? [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sounding more like police have concerns about the environment she was staying in. I initially thought the father might have commissioned someone as a revenge murder but there seems to be a different twist to it now.

Odd that the neighbours first had positive reports and now they are singing a completely tune.

My gut feeling is the same as most on here. I felt it the minute I heard the story..

There's no way I would give up chasing someone who stole my child. I would be screaming so wildly, anyone within a 10km radius would hear.. Something doesn't add up.

And would you run home pushing an empty pram?

It does. It still means it is not as initially reported but yeah, looking further afield than mum. :(

Did I just read right?? The cameras located in the park, may not have been operational!?!? [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised there are cameras in the park at all.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...ere-sanaya-was-last-seen-20160411-go3rk9.html

The baby's father is named Sameer Sahib. All of those caught up in this strange and sorry tale are Fijian-Indian. His relationship with Sofina Nikat had broken down. She had spent time in women's refuges and was with social workers and police today.

Several men close to the family are known to police. Neighbours told stories yesterday of the drug ice being openly smoked in the street. Irfaaz Ali is well-known in the area.

Well where i am in regional NSW it is rare to see any people of African nationality and i have seen about two in the CBD here, but i guess it is more prominent in other areas where there are more chances of employment for them. I would say there are more people from India here from what i have seen.
I know Melbourne & Sydney is very multicultural though.

Im in regional SA and yes there was employment available them.

It does. It still means it is not as initially reported but yeah, looking further afield than mum. :(

Yes, and hopefully arrests will be forthcoming very soon if this has something to do with who the mother knows had a hand in what happened to her baby if that is what happened in the case?

Im in regional SA and yes there was employment available them.

Well am a long way from SA but there must be plenty of jobs to go around where you are then. There is a high unemployment rate here and lots of young unemployed aussies that can' find unskilled work so have to be on the dole. Most advertised jobs here are for qualified postions.

Well am a long way from SA but there must be plenty of jobs to go around where you are then. There is a high unemployment rate here and lots of young unemployed aussies that can' find unskilled work so have to be on the dole. Most advertised jobs here are for qualified postions.

Haha not anymore. Our main employer has gone into voluntary Administration. "Arrium" if this doesnt work out upto 7000 people from a town of 20000 will be unemployed.

I still dont know what to think about it at all. Its all getting a bit twisted. Now with new articles stating a dodgy family its all a bit suss

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back