Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi guys,

When I heard about this story it made me stand up because something 'doesn't seem right.'

I found this article : http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/ac9f7125a070870240ca85bcdd08e0bf

In it the suspect is described as 'The man was described as being of African appearance, between the ages of 20 and 30, about 180cm tall, and wearing black pants, a black hooded zipper top. He wore no shoes and smelled heavily of liquor..

She hasn't seen his face, so how does she know his age? I find it odd.

Hi guys,

When I heard about this story it made me stand up because something 'doesn't seem right.'

I found this article : http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/ac9f7125a070870240ca85bcdd08e0bf

In it the suspect is described as 'The man was described as being of African appearance, between the ages of 20 and 30, about 180cm tall, and wearing black pants, a black hooded zipper top. He wore no shoes and smelled heavily of liquor..

She hasn't seen his face, so how does she know his age? I find it odd.

She had to have seen his face as it is now reported that she was sitting on a park bench when the abduction happened, it is also reported that she noticed that the man was watching her as she sat on the bench.

So the couple claims they were there at the time of the abduction and saw nothing. Said the park is busy that time of day....

Police not saying if CCTV was working or not...

Not releasing any sketches.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Exactly. All seems to be heading down the inevitable path.
Calling BS on this one, haven't read thread, but is everyone feeling the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel the same.

I have been following this closely here on the news (TV & print press) also on social media. The moment I heard this story break I had a gut instinct, the story just didn't add up. This is a very populated area surrounded by a large shopping centre & football fields that would have had lots of people around at that time of the morning. Junior football starts at that time of day so the parks would have been very busy, yet nobody saw or heard anything. I know people don't react as we expect them to react in times of stress but this mother was completely emotionless when lead to the car by female detectives. I hope & pray I'm wrong but from what I'm reading here in Australia most people are having the same thoughts.

There is just silence. No one is talking about it on social media, I believe because the story is not sitting right.

I called "strange" yesterday to my wife, as soon as I heard on the news that the mother stopped chasing the abductor, returned to collect the pram, then headed back to the home before hitting the alarm. Everybody reacts differently under stress, but this seems just way out there IMHO.

The mothers story seems rather 'fluid' doesn't it? If they separated during the last week then I think this was a revenge murder. He might have wanted custody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How extraordinary is it that the family who found her had faced a similar situation , but with a happy ending. Extraordinary ... that a family with 2 young daughters were searching all night and found her at 2.45am ... and police missed her ... so many strange things happening...

Exactly. All seems to be heading down the inevitable path.

I feel the same.

There is just silence. No one is talking about it on social media, I believe because the story is not sitting right.

Check out the comments on the news channels fb pages ie seven news Melbourne & the like

Interesting comment from the SIL :thinking:

https://www.facebook.com/7NewsMelbourne/videos/10154162353889301/?comment_id=10154162774739301&comment_tracking={%2%202tn%22%3A%22R9%22}

Oh wow.

Check out the comments on the news channels fb pages ie seven news Melbourne & the like

I just discovered that, thanks for the heads up. None of my Victorian friends have mentioned it on social media at all. I get the feeling people aren't scared of a shoeless stranger.

The mothers story seems rather 'fluid' doesn't it? If they separated during the last week then I think this was a revenge murder. He might have wanted custody.

Yes... and no word from the father yet?

Both parents are said to be extremely distressed and have been helping police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ourne-toddler-Sanaya-Shaib.html#ixzz45V4YsOs8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My gut feeling is the same as most on here. I felt it the minute I heard the story..

There's no way I would give up chasing someone who stole my child. I would be screaming so wildly, anyone within a 10km radius would hear.. Something doesn't add up.

Have they been deleted? I just scrolled through all of them and found nothing but someone mentioning the relative..

She had to have seen his face as it is now reported that she was sitting on a park bench when the abduction happened, it is also reported that she noticed that the man was watching her as she sat on the bench.

Should have posted the information for this...

"Ms Nikat told her uncle that she had been attacked by a man before he abducted her baby.
“He pushed her and she fell off the bench ... she fell to the ground,” Mr Ali said."

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...n/news-story/a6029846e88ff30408e0f06cafeae899

Then we have this...

Ms Nikat told police she had pushed Sanaya in a blue and yellow pram along Perth Street, onto Liberty Parade and into Olympic Park before the abduction.

She said a man passed her and then turned to push her to the ground from behind before grabbing Sanaya from the pram and running away through the park.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...r-missing-toddler-last-seen-in-melbourne-park

[h=1]Dead toddler grew up in 'dysfunctional environment'[/h]
Dead toddler Sanaya Sahib grew up in an environment of dysfunction and violence, according to neighbours and other sources close to the family.
In the past week, the 15-month old was in close contact with two men facing serious criminal charges, who can't be identified for legal reasons.
One of these men is charged with serious family violence offences, including assault with a weapon.

While police are hunting for a man matching the description given by Sanaya's mother, Sofina Nikat, homicide detectives are also expected to examine links between the men, who were close to the family, and the toddler's death.

Ms Nikat was taken to a safe house on Sunday afternoon and is understood to have been instructed not to make contact with the relatives whose house she had been staying at in Perth Street.

It is not known if police have questioned the child's father, Sameer Sahib, who was estranged from Ms Nikat after the relationship ended acrimoniously

I just discovered that, thanks for the heads up. None of my Victorian friends have mentioned it on social media at all. I get the feeling people aren't scared of a shoeless stranger.

"No unfortunately that's the general consensus, most people are reporting they had the same instant reaction to the story which in itself is unusual. Also police have taken her away for welfare reasons, I have never heard of that being done before here, normally if it is because of distress or they fear self harm an ambulance would be called & the mother would be taken to a hospital.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah
Back