Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good questions and i didn't think there were many Somalian/African immigrants in Australia at all? If there is it must be a fairly recent thing IMO, because once not too long ago it would be rare to see a black person in Aus. apart from the native indigenous people.

There aren't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg_West,_Victoria says it is a low socio economic suburb; somewhat surprising given it is only 10km's from the Melbourne CBD.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/sweet-sounds-of-somaliberg-20100618-ymp0.html

THE mayor of Somaliberg...

Home to a large community of Somali refugees, the suburb's nickname stems from the flavours its residents have brought to Melbourne from their homeland

So it seems it is a suburb (and probably the main suburb in Melbourne) where Somali refugees are drawn too. So someone of Somali appearance probably wouldn't stand out there and the mothers story is plausible; on the other hand though, if the mother is looking to plant the blame on someone who doesn't exist at all then someone of Somali background is also reasonable to perhaps try to throw off police.

Heidelberg West was the Athletes Village for the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, hence Olympic Park.

Since then it has been a commission house area and very rough however in saying that it has been cleaned up a lot with many of the unit complexes sold off to the private sector or pulled down.

It is still regarded as a lower socioeconomic area with a lot of commission houses remaining and does have a large Somalian population.

My Mum volunteers at a park close by where they repair and fix up old bicycles for the local community.

Oh no poor Sanaya [emoji22] RIP little one :rose:

May justice be swift!

'Victoria Police treat disappearance of toddler from Heidelberg West as suspicious'
ABC News (online)
Posted 2:47pm
Updated Sat at 8:39pm

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...nd-toddler-missing-in-heidelberg-west/7313486

'Police say they are treating the disappearance of a 15-month-old toddler from a park in Melbourne's north-east as suspicious.'

'Toddler found dead in Melbourne creek after abduction from Heidelberg West park'
ABC News (online)
Updated about 6 hours ago (as at 10:15pm)
Posted earlier today at 7:51am

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-10/child's-body-found-in-creek-in-heidelberg-west/7313868

'Detective Senior Sergeant Bailey said police believed it was a random attack.'

'Emergency services conducted a line search of the area this afternoon to look for clues.'

Poor little girl.

From the above story- "Police don't know how long the body had been in the water". Really? If she went missing at ten am, it's less than 24 hours that she was there. Surely a body that has been in water for 14 odd hours looks very different to one that has been there for days?

Not pointing fingers but that comment stood out.

Rest peacefully with all the other beautiful angels Sanaya. They will embrace you.

Forensic investigators left the property about 7pm while detectives remained in the home with the girl's family. A detective was seen leaving the house carrying a paper bag labelled "disposable nappies" in black marker.
No charges relating to Sanaya's death have been laid but police said they were also searching for a man who Ms Nikat said snatched Sanaya from the nearby Olympic Park.

BBM - This may indicate time of death is in question. It may not, and may be standard procedure but they can test the contents of the nappies to determine a timeline of when Sanaya was last alive to dirty one. That's if the nappies taken were dirty and not unused. But if they were searching rubbish my guess is dirty nappies.

I agree with everybody's comments above. I grew up a few suburbs over and even before the influx of humanitarian refugees from different parts of the world, West Heidelberg was one of the poorer, rougher neighborhoods. The 2011 census reports over 3000 Somalians living in Victoria* in a rapidly growing demographic. The immigrants, and the establishment of them in this area has caused racial tension. A lot of the tension is towards Muslims in general though, and nearly all Somali are Sunni Muslims. As a rule, Muslims are non-drinkers, it being strictly prohibited in the Qur'an, so the detail about alcohol is a curious one(...but I'm sure all religions have some of their members that fall off the wagon)

*The Somali community continues to grow. The 2011 census counted over 3,061 Somalia-born Victorians, a 15% increase in community size since the last census in 2006.
From:https://museumvictoria.com.au/origins/history.aspx?pid=55

Why are so many posters suggesting or implying the mother is responsible at such an early stage when we to do so in here?
It is my understanding that families are protected here, until police say differently.

As of right now IMO anything is possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Why are so many posters suggesting or implying the mother is responsible at such an early stage when we to do so in here?
It is my understanding that families are protected here, until police say differently.

until we know the facts we can only speculate either way
as i stated, MOO and all that jazz, it does remind me a bit of susan smith
but i sincerely hope this is not the case and that, if sanaya was abducted and murdered by a stranger, said stranger is caught and punished before it happens again
why would somebody snatch a child to drown her so soon afterwards? no ransom note, no indication the perp knew this family, i might be wrong but random snatchings are rare
go in peace little one, hopefully whoever did this to you will be found and dealt with soon

We can speculate based on what information is provided. Part of the mother's account of what happened doesn't ring true, so in my mind, it's not unreasonable to question the account. She said that a Somali man, smelling of alcohol, undid the clips in the pram and took off with the baby.

I am a mother, have a pram, and have had experience with the safety clips. They require a little bit of finickity fingering to find them and get them open. I don't believe that a man ( :/ ), who is possibly drunk, and possibly an immigrant, unfamiliar with the clips, would know that there are clips, and how to open them fast enough that the mother couldn't do anything about it.

In any case, the pram clips should have lots of fingerprints if a drunk man was involved.

Statistically speaking, this is much more likely to be the result of actions by Sanaya's own family, or someone known to them. So it's difficult not to have the mother uppermost in the mind as a suspect.

We can speculate based on what information is provided. Part of the mother's account of what happened doesn't ring true, so in my mind, it's not unreasonable to question the account. She said that a Somali man, smelling of alcohol, undid the clips in the pram and took off with the baby.

I am a mother, have a pram, and have had experience with the safety clips. They require a little bit of finickity fingering to find them and get them open. I don't believe that a man ( :/ ), who is possibly drunk, and possibly an immigrant, unfamiliar with the clips, would know that there are clips, and how to open them fast enough that the mother couldn't do anything about it.

In any case, the pram clips should have lots of fingerprints if a drunk man was involved.

We have a 5 month old and my OH still struggles with the fasteners on the pushchair! She's been in the pushchair for 2 months now as well! Strongly doubt he'd be able to do it all if he was drunk! (Not that I'd let him near the baby if he was!)

I wonder which way the water in the creek flows? If for instance someone walked down the bank at the footbridge for privacy, and dropped some light wood branch in the water, which way would said branch travel? I have horrid thoughts in my mind, I hope I am wrong. IMHO

I wonder which way the water in the creek flows? If for instance someone walked down the bank at the footbridge for privacy, and dropped some light wood branch in the water, which way would said branch travel? I have horrid thoughts in my mind, I hope I am wrong. IMHO

The creek flows from the north to the south, where it eventually connects with the Yarra river before emptying into Port Phillip Bay, about 10 miles away as the crow flies but many more with the bends and twists of the Yarra.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Melissa Seach said on Sunday night that police would not be releasing a computer-generated face image of the suspect.

This is from an article in the Herald Sun this morning. Apologies but I have no idea how to link it due to my windows 10 upgrade :gaah:

This I think is very unusual

Victoria Police spokeswoman Melissa Seach said on Sunday night that police would not be releasing a computer-generated face image of the suspect.

This is from an article in the Herald Sun this morning. Apologies but I have no idea how to link it due to my windows 10 upgrade :gaah:

Hmmm...ok. I think we know what to expect. :(

here is the link: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/ac9f7125a070870240ca85bcdd08e0bf

I found this portion of the article interesting. CCTV footage being collected from homes in the area near that of the one little Sanaya and her mother were guests.

Police yesterday spent hours doorknocking neighbours of Mr Ali, with whom his sister had been staying. A number of homes in the area have CCTV cameras set up, and *detectives were trying to get access to any footage that was recorded, which could hold vital clues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
workerbma
Back