Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why is it hard for people to believe that some people are just bad/evil.

Mental illness/PND is something different. The vast majority of people suffering from mental illness will never hurt anyone else. And most who are being treated for their illness are probably in a better place than 'healthy' people.

BBM.

Amen PE.

Also, people living with a 'mental illness' are much more likely to hurt themselves than others AFAIK.

Mother accused of murdering toddler Sanaya Sahib excused from court hearing due to her mental state

One can only imagine what the anguish and fear the mother is feeling.

Mental state? ..... She'd have to be brain dead not to be suffering anxiety.

I wonder if the penny has dropped on what she has done.

She is facing years in prison. Life as she knew it has g o n e.
She has been granted protection in prison. (she should be scared shitless).
She has been photographed, interrogated, charged, imprisoned and now lawyered up.

I don't pity her right now. :boohoo:

Wonder how they would get phone recordings? I know text messages and photos can be retrieved, but never heard of phone conversations being able to be retrieved?
Maybe they were messages left on voicemail?

Surely she wouldn't take a photo ?!?
But wait, allegedly she didn't have her phone with her. Phew.

What a sad and sorry state of affairs. For all of 'our' potential for goodness, human beings are capable of such cruelty and evil toward each other.

Vale, little girl.

Friends I've known who have suffered extreme PND (a very real mental/hormonal illness) became emotionally remote, leaving the day-to-day handling of their babies to others. The mothering/protective instinct took over. It overrode everything else. They wanted to protect their child (even from themselves) at all costs.

They were actually incapable of making any rational decisions, let alone orchestrating and calmly carrying out any sort of pre-meditated plan. They moved through their fog-filled days, one step in front of the other. They withdrew from society, became insular and uncommunicative and certainly did not post any FB selfies. They simply disappeared into their own private, troubled bubble until they came out the other side, with or without help.

Obviously, any mother who takes their own baby's life has some serious mental issues going on, but I hope PND is not used in this instance because to do so is to belittle those who genuinely suffer from it.

It's not been stated that she has pnd. Some people are just evil.

The father of slain toddler Sanaya Sahib has spoken publicly for the first time, describing his disbelief at his daughter's alleged murder at the hand of his estranged wife.
Advertisement
Sameer Sahib said 14-month-old Sanaya and her mother Sofina Nikat both looked "really bubbly" when he last saw them on Thursday and had no concerns about his daughter's safety.

Friends I've known who have suffered extreme PND (a very real mental/hormonal illness) became emotionally remote, leaving the day-to-day handling of their babies to others. The mothering/protective instinct took over. It overrode everything else. They wanted to protect their child (even from themselves) at all costs.

They were actually incapable of making any rational decisions, let alone orchestrating and calmly carrying out any sort of pre-meditated plan. They moved through their fog-filled days, one step in front of the other. They withdrew from society, became insular and uncommunicative and certainly did not post any FB selfies. They simply disappeared into their own private, troubled bubble until they came out the other side, with or without help.

Obviously, any mother who takes their own baby's life has some serious mental issues going on, but I hope PND is not used in this instance because to do so is to belittle those who genuinely suffer from it.

100% agreed.
Thankyou.

Thankyou! As a mother of a small baby I'm offended on behalf of every woman who has suffered PND. As I said earlier, it's a cop out for some women. 'Kill your baby? Oh that's ok, you must have PND.. We feel sorry for you..' No. Any person who takes another life has some sort of mental illness, and we have no sympathy for them. It's time to focus on what's happened here - an innocent baby was killed by her mother, after living what sounds like a below average life, and was then dumped like garbage in a creek. No ifs or buts.

When did the mother start living a "below average life"? I have not seen anything in media to state what happened & when. She was separated from a violent partner? I have no idea how she was living for what length of time. Was she actually living among druggies at her Uncle's house because i thought she was only visiting? All we know is an attempt was made on Sanaya's life approx. a week before Sanaya was found deceased if we can believe what family have said about an ambulance call and Sanaya transported to the hospital. If that is true and ambulance officers realised the baby had a seizure due to foul play, so why was Sanaya released back into her mother's care when warning bells should of shouted loud & clear that Sanaya's life was at risk? I really would like to see some answers about that.

Why is it hard for people to believe that some people are just bad/evil.

Mental illness/PND is something different. The vast majority of people suffering from mental illness will never hurt anyone else. And most who are being treated for their illness are probably in a better place than 'healthy' people.

BBM, That might be for some, but having had experience in psyche nursing a few years back, a lot of mentally ill patients, especially the younger ones feel better and then stop taking their meds and end up right back where they started in an early treatment unit.
And yes depending on the type of mental illness some are capable of hurting other people. We had one patient in the dining area of the hospital hurl a very heavy chair toward staff.

Surely she wouldn't take a photo ?!?
But wait, allegedly she didn't have her phone with her. Phew.

That is not what i said, i was saying about retrieving phone conversation data. And how i know text messages can be retrieved and photos that have been deleted can be retrieved by LE if necessary in a criminal case. I was in no way stating or implying Sanaya's mother took photos.

Probably not PND in this case, but some kind of psychosis. No normal mother would kill her child.

When did the mother start living a "below average life"? I have not seen anything in media to state what happened & when. She was separated from a violent partner? I have no idea how she was living for what length of time. Was she actually living among druggies at her Uncle's house because i thought she was only visiting? All we know is an attempt was made on Sanaya's life approx. a week before Sanaya was found deceased if we can believe what family have said about an ambulance call and Sanaya transported to the hospital. If that is true and ambulance officers realised the baby had a seizure due to foul play, so why was Sanaya released back into her mother's care when warning bells should of shouted loud & clear that Sanaya's life was at risk? I really would like to see some answers about that.

The baby was forced to live *what sounds like* a below average life. Exposure to apparent domestic violence, staying (living or visiting) with people affiliated with drug use, and the worst kind of drug at that - ice. Was she separated from a violent partner? I have a bit of catching up to do because I've been busy today, but did I read that the father said she reached out to him to see the baby, and he discovered she was known to child welfare services?

Like I said, I have a bit of catch up to do tonight, so have only glossed over what's been released today. What I don't get is, her uncle/brother whatever, said she had been staying with him after recently breaking up with her partner, but today we find out they broke up 12 months ago? The ambulance was apparently called to her uncles house the week before, so was she living there, or did she just visit both weekends and happen to have something happen both those visits..?

Mother accused of murdering toddler Sanaya Sahib excused from court hearing due to her mental state

One can only imagine what the anguish and fear the mother is feeling.

Mental state? ..... She'd have to be brain dead not to be suffering anxiety.

I wonder if the penny has dropped on what she has done.

She is facing years in prison. Life as she knew it has g o n e.
She has been granted protection in prison. (she should be scared shitless).
She has been photographed, interrogated, charged, imprisoned and now lawyered up.

I don't pity her right now. :boohoo:

And because of the type of crime she has committed she will be deported once released from prison

Sameer Sahib said he had not seen his daughter since November, but on Wednesday last week Nikat called him to come and visit.
He said when he saw them the next day, the pair looked "bubbly", Sanaya seemed "all right" and he had no concerns.
Mr Sahib described the toddler as a "beautiful, cute girl".
"She was just such a bubbly girl. I didn't have much time to play with her, just a life cut so short," he said.
"She always used to wait for me to come back from work. I can't explain it [the heartbreak].
"We will miss out on all the fun things in life, taking her down to the park. Buying her a car, getting her married."

"I couldn't believe it, I just froze."
He said he found it "really tough" to identify her body.
"I never thought I'd do that in my whole life, not to my own daughter," he said.
Mr Sahib said he had recently bought gifts for his daughter after travelling overseas, including a pink children's couch, but never got the chance to give them to her.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-...-had-no-concerns-in-days-before-death/7324212

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back