GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Victorian Courts might let us all down, but the Victorian Police don't!

Way to go!

<modsnip>
:cow:

The witness reports of at least 2 cars pulling up at AB's house 17 minutes after JM was last seen on CCTV, the fact that reporters at the time of the arrest were quoting in verbatim an officer saying 'he won't speak until the other guys are here', and a few other little things that are still unanswered. He might well have acted alone and this could just be false witness statements and the usual media misrepresentations, but I definitely think there is more to that JM case; I mean, arresting a complete stranger to the victim within 6 days? Hmm...

Who was caught on CCTV however ... Not the thread for this argument tho really is it?

Just throwing my two cents in - while everyone is commenting on the leniency of the sentences and the parole board (and i DO agree - 13 years is a serious joke), after personally serving under a year in prison in Victoria for a minor offence, if you think the prisons actually make a serious effort to rehabilitate the inmates or look after your mental health (particularly the bigger prisons) youre kidding yourself. You actually have to go out of your way* to seek those opportunities.. near the start of my sentence i requested help with a psychologist for severe social anxiety and other mental illnesses and i had one doctor just make a mockery of me, while another finally planned to set up some group counselling but it never eventuated despite my pestering because i wanted to get on top of my health!

My point being that i think both the judicial AND prison system need looking at, they should be working hand in hand. Judges sentence with the thought that prisons will attempt to help and rehabilitate, but honestly its just not what i saw.

*By go out of your way - i mean hound the guards/prison repeatedly because it just doesnt seem like a priority for them.

This was a great post - thank you for sharing. :)

I read Andrew Fraser's book this year and his account of prison in Victoria is definitely something that more people should read. He had been someone on the outside looking in and once he got in there, he realized how bad it was and one aspect he kept going back to was how there were so many people being housed in there with mental illnesses who should not have been in that environment at all.

Sentencing and parole issues are very different to the state of the prisons and I think there has changes from top to bottom.

For anyone interested, the book was Court in the Middle. Very interesting... my first reaction was wanting to go and help the prisoners in jail to give them some chance when they got out. :(

but I definitely think there is more to that JM case; I mean, arresting a complete stranger to the victim within 6 days? Hmm...

They had him identified before 6 days, theres a bunch of info in the Jill Meagher thread regarding the police watching him.

Jump in there for a read

Plus the fact they got him off video footage.

Well done to Vic Police. Glad no one else was injured or killed before he was arrested.

While there are a lot of visitors to this thread I would just like to bring everyone's attention to Bung Siriboon. Bung was a 13 year old school girl who disappeared on her way to school in 2011 in Boronia here in Melbourne. Her thread is here. The last news was a sighting 130m from school, reading between the lines it may be cctv footage. It appears to be a stranger abduction vs family involvement. Bung did not get the coverage Jill or Sarah have, and is no less deserving. Someone knows what happened to Bung, someone called Crimestoppers and didn't call back, so if you could have a squizz at her info and perhaps share it on your social media accounts that would be one way to try and make something good come out of the evil done to Sarah.

So they tracked him down? Idiot probably had his mobile on him.

Don't want in any way to diminish the great work of Vic Police and Websleuths in finding him, but this guy started leaving a trail of breadcrumbs weeks ago...

Don't want in any way to diminish the great work of Vic Police and Websleuths in finding him, but this guy started leaving a trail of breadcrumbs weeks ago...

could you elaborate on what you mean by breadcrumbs weeks ago

could you elaborate on what you mean by breadcrumbs weeks ago

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant virtual breadcrumbs like Facebook photos, posts etc that are in the public domain. (Then there's other stuff like phone records and cctv footage that the police might have access to.)

Have any of the reports indicated how long poor SC has been deceased?

Nothing better than coming back and hearing of an arrest! :) Now the road to justice for Sarah can begin, though it will be long - at least it can now get under way! I found this interesting, don't know why but I did:

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/police-arrest-man-over-sarah-cafferkeys-death-20121120-29ncs.html

A resident in the block of the flats, Rod (who did not give his surname) said he went around to his neighbours flat last night and was not allowed in which he thought was "quite strange".

He said he did some for work for the man next door occasionally. Rod said his neighbour rang him this morning and told him not to go near his flat.

Another neighbour Melanie Smith said that she was out for lunch and missed the arrest but saw police take an older lady back to the block of flats where the man was found.
Hmmmm.

From the same article. Wonder who did the bleach job for him?

BBM.

It is understood police pounced on the units about 12.30pm, arresting Hunter about 15 minutes later.

The suspect had blond hair, was bare footed and wearing a shorts and a short sleeved shirt as he was led away.

"He looked disheveled," the witness said.

He did not appear injured.

Resident Bill Sklavenitis said Hunter appeared tired and old.

"He looked older than his age," he said. "The lady detective put him in the car nicely and they drove away and that was it."

Mr Sklavenitis said he believed the units were a retirement village."

Forensic police remain at the scene where they are taking photographs of the driveway leading to the unit Hunter emerged from.

wuqfx1.jpg

Police arrest a man in Hawthorn following the death of Sarah Cafferkey. The Herald Sun has obscured the man's face for legal reasons. Picture: Supplied Source: Herald Sun

Article: Man arrested over tragic death of Sarah Cafferkey
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...onalnewsndm+(Daily+Telegraph+|+National+News)

Retirement village + old lady = mother? Moo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Police arrest man over Sarah Cafferkey's death

November 20, 2012 - 3:02PM

Another neighbour Melanie Smith said that she was out for lunch and missed the arrest but saw police take an older lady back to the block of flats where the man was found.

"I'm not too sure if she had anything to do with it. She appeared old and fragile and police helped her out of the car."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...rkeys-death-20121120-29ncs.html#ixzz2CjcP22a8

epnfqb.jpg

The scene of the arrest. Photo: Simon O'Dwyer

In his profile picture (the 'da gang' one, he is present in two photos in that collage) you can just make out blonde hair, or at least tipped blonde hair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member