GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just so awful :( I still cannot get over his account of his first murder.

I hadn't heard those very specific details (listed in the article above) about the crime before - is this the first time they have been released to the public? What an evil brute he is - poor Sarah and her family.

I had not heard the specific details either. It is just so horrible, and just proves that instinct is such a powerful thing (referring to her words to her mother).
Interesting that he is with holding details of what the argument was about. I'm inclined to think their was no argument he just is a brutal killer, or I can only speculate that he made advances on her which she rejected.

I had not heard the specific details either. It is just so horrible, and just proves that instinct is such a powerful thing (referring to her words to her mother).
Interesting that he is with holding details of what the argument was about. I'm inclined to think their was no argument he just is a brutal killer, or I can only speculate that he made advances on her which she rejected.

I am thinking something to do with her ex. SH was probably upset that she was possibly getting back with Chris and they had an argument over that. Or he was upset but never mentioned being upset and they didn't argue, he just killed her.

Poor Sarah. I wish she didn't go see him... Wonder why she was scared in the first place and still went to drink with him?

Is this routine? Never heard of this happening before!

Police here do use text sometimes in attempts to locate people.

In Allison Baden Clay case, after she was reported as "missing" by the husband, police sent a text to her phone asking her to call police. Sadly, she was already dead long before police arrived & sent that text msg.

Police here do use text sometimes in attempts to locate people.

In Allison Baden Clay case, after she was reported as "missing" by the husband, police sent a text to her phone asking her to call police. Sadly, she was already dead long before police arrived & sent that text msg.

I would have thought that it could give murderers a chance at a 'head start' to getaway!

No wonder he was friends with Adrian bayley in jail. Both are as revolting as each other.

It's just so frightening to know there are people who have so much anger and hate in them. I could never hurt someone just because they made me angry. Such a waste of her life :(

Case Update: Steven James Hunter pleaded 'guilty' to the murder of Sarah Cafferkey in the Supreme Court hearing today.
Hunter was remanded to next appear before the Supreme Court on June 26.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-sarah-cafferkey/story-fnat7jnn-1226618108049
Steven James Hunter pleads guilty to killing Sarah Cafferkey
by Shannon Deery, Herald Sun, April 11, 2013, 11:41AM.
A suspected ice dealer, Hunter had argued with Ms Cafferkey before hitting her with a blunt instrument, possibly a dumbbell, and then repeatedly stabbing her. Post mortem results revealed Ms Cafferkey had been stabbed 19 times to the head, chest and abdomen.
Hunter then moved her body to Point Cook, and dumped it in a wheelie bin.
He served a 13-year term for stabbing 18-year-old Moonee Ponds woman Jacqueline Mathews in 1986.
Victoria needs a 'Dangerous Prisoners Act' similar to that of Queensland. This double murderer should 'never be released' for the term of his natural life IMO.

From the above report on Hunter .....suspected ice dealer

I would say most "dealers" are well into using the drug also.

The case from a few days back about the 29yr old mum who was murdered in Vic. Her accused was also into ICE.

I'd bet my last dollar Jill's murderer was also into the same rubbish.

So I'm seeing a bit of a common thread going on with these truly violent murders....ICE.

As we all know, they've all had shocking previous charges then been released early on parole. Is the system somehow blaming all "their problems" on drugs, letting them out of prison, classing them as reformed addicts??

Another key concern around the use of ice is the potential for violent or aggressive behaviour. Because ice and other forms of methamphetamine stimulate or exaggerate a person’s responses, such as energy and alertness, a person may react and behave in more extreme ways than normal. In this way, using ice may exacerbate an aggressive response once a person has been provoked, rather than cause it directly. Using ice or other forms of methamphetamine may also aggravate the violence associated with alcohol intoxication. Violent behaviour may also be a result of drug-induced psychosis.

http://www.coldhardfacts.health.qld.gov.au/ice/effects/aggression.html

MURDER victim Sarah Cafferkey's family will launch an unprecedented legal assault against the State Government over criminals who kill while out on parole.

The Sunday Herald Sun understands Hunter, who pleaded guilty to murder on Thursday, was suspected of operating an illicit drug trafficking network while on parole, missed drug-testing appointments as part of his parole requirements and spoke of committing gruesome acts of violence.

http://mobile.news.com.au/breaking-...state-government/story-e6frfkp9-1226619881506

MURDER victim Sarah Cafferkey's family will launch an unprecedented legal assault against the State Government over criminals who kill while out on parole.

The Sunday Herald Sun understands Hunter, who pleaded guilty to murder on Thursday, was suspected of operating an illicit drug trafficking network while on parole, missed drug-testing appointments as part of his parole requirements and spoke of committing gruesome acts of violence.

http://mobile.news.com.au/breaking-...state-government/story-e6frfkp9-1226619881506

Yeay - go for it, I say. And it shouldn't be limited only to those who KILL while out on parole - it should apply to ANY significant offence eg rape, assault, drug offences, even drink-driving, IMHO.

Parole means - or it SHOULD mean - you're out on a good behaviour bond. One slip and you're back in the slammer, maybe with extra time added on for BAD behaviour!

Or maybe I'm just an old-fashioned authoritarian who thinks that the punishments handed out these days are way too lenient, and the offenders are seen to have all the rights under the sun, while the judiciary bends over backwards to help them.

Yeay - go for it, I say. And it shouldn't be limited only to those who KILL while out on parole - it should apply to ANY significant offence eg rape, assault, drug offences, even drink-driving, IMHO.

Parole means - or it SHOULD mean - you're out on a good behaviour bond. One slip and you're back in the slammer, maybe with extra time added on for BAD behaviour!

Or maybe I'm just an old-fashioned authoritarian who thinks that the punishments handed out these days are way too lenient, and the offenders are seen to have all the rights under the sun, while the judiciary bends over backwards to help them.

You're definitely not alone in those thoughts DrWatson.

It's one mess up after another.. Too lenient a sentence to begin with, then he's out on parole and behaves how he likes! Misses drug tests and all! It's like they can't be bothered dealing with them..

WOW! Go for it. The Victorian Parole Board need to be held accountable. If the Cafferkey and Meagher families take this action, this may be the catalyst needed to induce productive change. Fully support this action Cafferkeys.

Don't think so DrWatson. Your comments on the meaning of Parole makes good constructive sense. The Cafferkey and Meagher murders demonstrate that the state of Victoria needs a 'Dangerous Prisoners Act' similar to Queensland IMO. If capital punishment were available, then these two murderers would qualify for the death penalty IMO. As a civil society it is time we reviewed how we manage dangerous prisoners.

Fantastic news .. anything involving paying out money will make them sit up and take more notice of what the people are saying .. smart move of the Cafferkey family! I am so impressed that they are doing this for Sarah, and for the Sarahs to otherwise come.

And reaching out to Erin Brockovich, now there's a woman who is not scared of fighting for changes!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...rapist-on-parole/story-fnat7jnn-1226620266681
Accused Killer was Rapist on Parole, by Wayne Flower, Elissa Hunt, Herald Sun, April 15, 2013, 12:00AM.
A RAPIST charged with a recent murder was free on parole at the time he allegedly launched the fatal attack. He had almost 100 criminal convictions before he turned 23. The Herald Sun cannot name the man, but can reveal that at the time he was arrested for murder, he still had at least a year to go on his parole on previous rape and robbery convictions expired. Another one!

Hopefully the legal action, allegedly being taken by the Cafferkey family, can bring the Victorian Adult Parole Board to account for their assessments and decision making regarding parole for dangerous prisoners. This action is timely and may force a review which may bring about constructive changes within the Victorian Adult Parole Board management of dangerous prisoners. Systems may grind on relentlessly unless action like this is taken. Policies and staffing 'mix' may need to be reviewed and decision making processes overhauled.

Hi all,

I stumbled across this Herald Sun law blog from April 2012 which may be of interest.

"Concerns about the efficiency of the state’s parole system were first raised when the Herald Sun disclosed a year ago that a confidential police report had found that 11 Victorians had been murdered by parolees in less than 2 years."

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/.../parole_decisions_a_matter_of_life_and_death/

I also understand the recent murder of a young mother in Ballarat is yet another likely to be added to these statistics, as indicated in the article mentioned by the previous poster. Something very seriously has to change in the way dangerous prisoners are dealt with here in Victoria. There should be ZERO acceptable level of repeat violence once a person is already established as a potential danger to the community, and the people who are setting these vicious creatures loose need to be held accountable for poor judgement and negligent decisions. I hope the Cafferkey family taking legal action helps bring this into the mainstream for debate so that in the future thugs like Hunter and Bayley et al don't get the chance to do any more damage than they've already done.

Power to the Cafferkey family!!!! :rocker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back