Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where would you look ? The police have a huge team on the case , and had 30 or so SES walking bushland the other week. They don't allow family members to help search , for obvious reasons . And I don't know why everyone thinks that they are smarter than the police and that their theory is some brilliant idea that no one has though of yet. Trust me, they know what they are doing , they have investigated a lot of things and conducted hundreds of interviews. They have a lot more resources than everyone on this thread (reading what the see in the news)..
How bad are you going to feel when this case is resolved (praying that it does) and John had nothing to do with it and all you lot have been saying absolutely horrible things about him. And the poor bloke has just lost his wife of 33 years and had to deal with the media , and on top of it people who have never met him and have no idea,bad mouthing him online.
Well at least I hope you all feel bad. But probably not , you will probably just move onto the next case and start speculating with no idea.
You should all remember there are 3 boys, a husband, granddaughter, father and a heap of other family and friends that are hurting over this. There is no need to add fuel to the fire.
Some positivity wouldn't go astray

Mrs G Norris. this made me giggle.......I'll see if I can find that reference about the phone, I'm not sure if it was ABC or NBN .. BRB........

It reminded me of Get Smart.

Just found this link and am catching up.....so good to see so many familiar names xxxxx

Mrs G Norris. this made me giggle.......I'll see if I can find that reference about the phone, I'm not sure if it was ABC or NBN .. BRB........

It reminded me of Get Smart.

Just found this link and am catching up.....so good to see so many familiar names xxxxx

LOL Olli!! I had to read that about 3 times to work out what you meant!!

Well, it's very sad that you feel like that and the reason anyone mentions the estrangement is because the media have reported it that way.
As to the claims about who owned the house, what did Sharon do with her salary, surely she is an equal partner in the marriage.
This forum is Websleuths, discussing what might have happened. Sometimes it's a good thing.

Where would you look ? The police have a huge team on the case , and had 30 or so SES walking bushland the other week. They don't allow family members to help search , for obvious reasons . And I don't know why everyone thinks that they are smarter than the police and that their theory is some brilliant idea that no one has though of yet. Trust me, they know what they are doing , they have investigated a lot of things and conducted hundreds of interviews. They have a lot more resources than everyone on this thread (reading what the see in the news)..
How bad are you going to feel when this case is resolved (praying that it does) and John had nothing to do with it and all you lot have been saying absolutely horrible things about him. And the poor bloke has just lost his wife of 33 years and had to deal with the media , and on top of it people who have never met him and have no idea,bad mouthing him online.
Well at least I hope you all feel bad. But probably not , you will probably just move onto the next case and start speculating with no idea.
You should all remember there are 3 boys, a husband, granddaughter, father and a heap of other family and friends that are hurting over this. There is no need to add fuel to the fire.
Some positivity wouldn't go astray

John and Sharon weren't estranged at all, they are still 100% married.
John actually bought the house in Grafton with his own money for sharon to live in while he renovated the Lawrence property.
Sharon hated the colour of the house and wanted it grey, John had bought the paint before Christmas.

Snipped by me.

Questions on all of the above ..

If they weren't estranged can you explain why media has said she was out with her boyfriend and others on the night she disappeared?

Also since Sharon and John were married for a number of years, wouldn't any money they had been shared / communal, so John buying her a house would be him buying THEM a house for her to live in in Grafton wouldn't it?

It does sound more like the Grafton house was more divorce settlement / separation agreement, with him keeping the home in Lawrence, that added to the media saying so, well you can see why people think the way they do.

Im only up to page 7, I hope it isn't anything to do with her husband....to me he looks like a gentle person....but Im only at 7 as I said....poor sons.

Snipped by me.

Questions on all of the above ..

If they weren't estranged can you explain why media has said she was out with her boyfriend and others on the night she disappeared?

Also since Sharon and John were married for a number of years, wouldn't any money they had been shared / communal, so John buying her a house would be him buying THEM a house for her to live in in Grafton wouldn't it?

It does sound more like the Grafton house was more divorce settlement / separation agreement, with him keeping the home in Lawrence, that added to the media saying so, well you can see why people think the way they do.

Good questions Mrs G - It's becoming the "blokes" defence IMO - "Me Me Me" not "We We We".

Many still today look at themselves as being the owner of the partnership assets, it's sad really.

Good questions Mrs G - It's becoming the "blokes" defence IMO - "Me Me Me" not "We We We".

Many still today look at themselves as being the owner of the partnership assets, it's sad really.

True, so John may have actually thought 'he' bought her a house if he did all the negotiating etc, when it was their joint finances that purchased the house. These two people even had the same job, so there is not much arguing that he earned a whole lot more than her either.

Rest assured that the police will find Sharon very soon and whoever is responsible will be brought to justice. :jail:

I'm assuming our new member is family of JE's. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I recall seeing in one story that family were not aware of the estrangement between JE and Sharon. Could it simply just be that family have not been told the whole story by interested players?

I know if I was missing my husband (who I am still 100% married to) would be out looking for me non stop. Especially if he did not have a job. He would not be painting the house letting other people do the looking. And he would be conducting interviews with whoever trying to get the word out. No-one knows what actually goes on inside a marriage except the two people in that marriage.

Yes I agree with you.
I doubt my hubby would wait a few days to report me missing.

Her disappearance was reported to police two days later on the Tuesday
Police and family have described her disappearance as “out of character”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-sharon-edwards/story-fni0cx12-1227312651136
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-t...eated-as-a-homicide-case-20150401-1mcufg.html

Now up to 8......what if it was a random act....not the husband....I was onto GBC straight away
as nearly everyone was...but...what IF it was an unknown....sorry for the dots..the way my brain works.

As I have said before , no-one knows what goes on in a marriage except the two people that are in it. Sharon is not here to give her side of their marital arrangement. The media have stated that they were estranged and, so far, neither the husband or the children have asked that the statement be retracted. And I wouldn't care if the police told me not to search. He is not working so why isnt he out looking? It would have to be better than sitting at home worrying. What else does he have to do?

Hello Ejedwards and welcome :)

Most of us can't even imagine what family members and very close friends are going through - we can try, but of course unless we've been in a similar situation, it just isn't the same as experiencing the tremendous worry, panic, sadness and grief that family and friends are suffering.

That being said, I have always thought that forums like Websleuths and even public pages on facebook etc, are not really comforting places for family and friends to visit. I think people participate in forums like these out of frustration, empathy and the need to feel as though they could somehow help resolve a terrible situation or crime. This does mean that some folks spend time considering possibilities involving those closest to a victim - especially if they have been cast as a person of interest by police and media. We are always told that police look at those persons first - I know they have to do this, but I think that in a forum like this we are really second guessing or trying to anticipate what police might know - and I'm never comfortable with the scenarios that involve loved ones being the primary focus, so I feel for you if you are a family member or close friend.
I don't believe anyone is posting with the intention of causing more grief, though for sure reading some posts here may offend folks connected to Sharon and her family at this point - but it is a relatively controlled environment and moderators are pretty quick to remove or edit posts that cross the line.
I agree with your assessment of ACA - not our finest examples of investigative journalism there.
Ejedwards - if you can bear to continue reading here, do you have any personal opinions about what has happened to Sharon that you are willing (or permitted) to share and discuss?

On the subject of who bought which house - I know quite a few couples, young and old, who maintain personal bank accounts. Some contribute to a joint account and keep a portion of their wages in separate personal accounts, while others keep entirely personal accounts yet still manage to run their household finances happily and equitably and without squabbling over who owns or pays for what. Personal bank accounts do make it easier to buy lovely surprise gifts for partners without their knowledge.

I think I can safely say that all of us posters sincerely hope that JE is not responsible for Sharon's disappearance. However this is a sleuthing forum and we discuss all sorts of possibilities and give opinions. That isn't always appreciated, particularly by people close to the family.
Above all we hope she is found soon.

Welcome EjE - yes WS is sometimes a harsh environment for loved ones - but we don't wish the worst on anyone, we all just want swift justice for the crime. Observations and comparisons are key to any investigation and unfortunately we are not privy to the police files, we make no apologies for freely expressing our viewpoints with the information available to us, please understand we do see a family ripped apart by the horror of crime and we are keen to see the culprit brought to face the music.

Yes we have limited information so we review history of past cases to identify motive, means and opportunity in a crime and discuss angles within a situation. It may seem macabre and morbid but bear in mind we cannot know anything more than the media has reported and we are well aware that this is often third hand information. We have no mandate to be all negative -and as far as possible sift thru information to obtain the 'facts' from the media reports. So if our discussions are off base here - apologies - as you say our discussion here are indeed based on what has been reported. Understandable the police don't want information to be made public but truly we are ALL advocates for Justice for Sharon here.

Liadan that was so well put....I felt terrible when I read EJE.....thankyou for putting how I feel into words.

Sooo lovely to see your name....xxxxxx

Liadan that was so well put....I felt terrible when I read EJE.....thankyou for putting how I feel into words.

Sooo lovely to see your name....xxxxxx

Lovely to see you on here again Olli_J *advertiser censored* love to your fam!

And I wouldn't care if the police told me not to search. He is not working so why isnt he out looking? It would have to be better than sitting at home worrying. What else does he have to do?

I know everyone says they think if their spouse went missing "they'd be out looking" but really - would you? I doubt the police would actually want that - because it probably wouldn't be helpful at all. It might make you feel better (maybe - debatable) but to what end? They're the ones with the resources and the intelligence [in the law enforcement sense of the word] to do the searching. How much use would physically searching be, as one individual, especially when looking for an adult that has been gone for a while now? Probably next to zero.

This isn't particularly relevant to this case but generally speaking: as the mother of young kids I would want my partner to be home with them and worrying about them and their needs and also working of course to ensure all material needs of the family were met - not worrying about me - I would think it was 100% the responsibility of the police to "find" me and to investigate the case, not anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr
Back