Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really don't think JE was a prepper. I also find it very difficult to believe that he would have just thrown his guns "all around the place" or "just tossed them off the side of the road" as he's stated. Guns are worth a lot of money and it doesn't make sense that he would just dump them. It's also totally irresponsible.

JE had the time to drive around throwing his guns away but couldn't bring himself to search for his wife? He was more concerned about the police finding his guns then he was about finding his wife.

According to facts tendered in court, Edwards told police he became paranoid after his home was initially searched in relation to his wife's disappearance.
"Specifically he said that he was paranoid that the police had 'bugged' his house with cameras," the facts state.
When Edwards saw some police cars on the road and thought his house was going to be searched again, he bundled up his guns and "threw them all around the place".
"I've driven around, just tossed them off the side of the road," he told police.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/husband-a...appearance-20150924-gjtycg.html#ixzz3n7JvWg00
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Not sure what a prepper is but the guns are worth nothing if they are unable to be sold legally, unless of course you have a few friends who operate outside the law and deal in guns perhaps?

Not sure what a prepper is but the guns are worth nothing if they are unable to be sold legally, unless of course you have a few friends who operate outside the law and deal in guns perhaps?

As Lampshade mentioned up thread, prepping is when people prepare themselves (often in weird and wonderful ways) for natural or man made disasters. Building bunkers and storing a cache of weapons, food etc. Don't know how that would help if an atom bomb dropped on them but prepping seems to be a growing trend.

Guns are sold illegally all the time and bring in big money. When the gun amnesty was introduced in Australia the buy-back $ rate for firearms deemed illegal was astounding. This really only encouraged the honest gun owners to hand in their guns. Those who felt the need to be armed with unregistered firearms didn't bother to hand in their guns and slipped under the radar. The guns that JE owned were all classed as illegal and he knew that. He also would have known the value of them on the black market.

I agree that JE doesn't seem like the prepper 'type' - seems more like an aging surfer to me, not that that means anything either. I wonder if he had just started collecting guns as a kind of hobby or something? Some men develop interests in collecting that sort of thing, and it doesn't necessarily mean they are building up an arsenal of useful weapons to use at some point. And I definitely think that stashing weapons in different around the countryside is sinister or at least an indication of some sort of plan in mind. OT, but I remember seeing a doco about Isaac Keyes, which told of him having hidden and buried fulll "kill kits" containing weapons, rope, etc in states all over the USA - yikes, hearing about him had me jumping at noises in the night.

I can totally understand anyone closely related to a missing or murdered person getting jumpy and paranoid when media attention seems to be focusing on them as the primary suspect. I know lots of people on WS think that they should just get over it and if they are innocent they have nothing to worry about - but the public and those on social media especially are very, very harsh and judgemental, and I don't believe many people are equipped to handle that sort of pressure and scrutiny. I know I couldn't.

The article linked above was the first I could remember that mentioned him disposing of the weapons in a haphazard, panicked manner - which is (or was) really irresponsible as they could have been picked up by children even. But, if he was almost out of his mind and panic stricken, who knows what he may have recklessly done? If he was guilty and afraid of being caught with incriminating weapons, surely he could have gotten rid of or hidden them in a more organised and effective way?

ETA plus if he is guilty and that sloppy about getting rid of potential evidence, surely he would have been arrested for murder by now.

Where is Sharon?

It's been nearly seven months since Grafton grandmother Sharon Edwards vanish and police are no closer to finding out what happened to her.

Now, in a separate matter, her estranged husband John Edwards has been sent to prison for firearms offences.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/9035531/edwards

Hmmmm

IMO it was someone lurking around the home. Someone very close to the home, sadly.

Sharon didn't disappear from the school. I wish she'd been there; she probably would've been safe.

Could something similar have happened to these two school teachers?
Maybe someone working around the school, parent or student?

As Stephanie Scott's family mourns, family of missing teacher Sharon Edwards searches for answers

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/as-stepha...rds-searches-for-answers-20150414-1mkj9n.html

Could something similar have happened to these two school teachers?
Maybe someone working around the school, parent or student?

As Stephanie Scott's family mourns, family of missing teacher Sharon Edwards searches for answers

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/as-stepha...rds-searches-for-answers-20150414-1mkj9n.html

That's always a possibility tgy but Sharon was on a night out with friends, not at the school. Police would have gone over the CCTV footage from the pub to see who else was there. I'm sure that all work colleagues etc. would have been thoroughly questioned. I personally believe they know what happened to Sharon. They just don't have enough evidence yet to make an arrest.

Yes, I believe you are correct, at least I hope you are.
That's always a possibility tgy but Sharon was on a night out with friends, not at the school. Police would have gone over the CCTV footage from the pub to see who else was there. I'm sure that all work colleagues etc. would have been thoroughly questioned. I personally believe they know what happened to Sharon. They just don't have enough evidence yet to make an arrest.

Did something similar happen to sharon?

"The body has not been formally identified but is believed to be that of missing woman Penny Baile," Victoria Police spokeswoman Belinda Batty said.
The body was found by homicide detectives, she said.
The 59-year-old mother of three was last seen on Sunday after having dinner with one of her daughters.
She shared a home in Mont Albert with her 34-year-old son Stephen Bailey, who was arrested on Wednesday night following a public appeal for him to come forward in relation to his mother's disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...-melbourne-woman/story-e6frfku9-1227561343915

Bumping for Sharon!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I believe this was a murder born of jealousy, look forward to the arrest of who I still think is responsible.

Just catching up. I read the article as saying JE kept the guns at his house (Lawrence I presume) then panicked about them because the police were searching his house. Perhaps the police missed them in the first search? So he disposes of them then tells his son. His son encourages him to tell the police. Perhaps son says dad you tell police or I will. I can believe the guns are not related to Sharon's likely murder, but JE seems more worried about the police finding his guns than the whereabouts of his wife. JE says he never fired the guns and has had them for a long time. I presume their condition would reflect this and therefore that is why the police don't believe the guns are connected to Sharon, or at least that no shots were fired recently from them. But he could have used a gun to force Sharon to do something like get in a car. It is interesting about the location of a school laptop near where one of his guns was found. How coincidental is that! Surely there would be a record of the serial number and what school it was given to. Did Sharon use a school laptop? Lots of questions and at least to the public no answers. ... Yet.

Still thinking of you Sharon.

Bumping for Sharon.

Thinking of you and hoping you'll be found soon.

This is madness!

Sharon has been missing 9 months now.
Oh my, the longer it is the harder it will be to find her.

Please don't let this become a cold case.

JE, is due to be released shortly.
I find it odd that he was given jail time to begin with. As someone up thread suggested it was a first offence. People get bail for far more serious offences. I think this arrest was made on evidence they may have. John Chardon, Novy's husband, was given bail to get his business affairs in order.

I find it odd that he was given jail time to begin with. As someone up thread suggested it was a first offence. People get bail for far more serious offences. I think this arrest was made on evidence they may have. John Chardon, Novy's husband, was given bail to get his business affairs in order.
Hopefully he slips up when he's out. (Assuming he is the one responsible)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I hope they put JE on surveillance in case he revisits where the body is or makes a revealing phone call. I often wonder if the sons are now suspicious of him otherwise he could be a lonely old man now. Being in prison obviously has not opened him up at police interviews.

I hope they put JE on surveillance in case he revisits where the body is or makes a revealing phone call. I often wonder if the sons are now suspicious of him otherwise he could be a lonely old man now. Being in prison obviously has not opened him up at police interviews.

Hmm, I'd really like to hope that he is not involved but somethings telling me he is. It will be interesting to see how he is after his release. I think he will lose it totally..he appears to me someone who would be comfortable in prison surrounded with new mates so to speak, no harassment, media.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillyyy_311
Back