Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's JE's first court date tomorrow, a mention in Lismore LOcal court. Wonder if much will happen. Do people usually get bail in these cases?

It's JE's first court date tomorrow, a mention in Lismore LOcal court. Wonder if much will happen. Do people usually get bail in these cases?

Oh my god I hope he doesn't get bail! Unless of course there isn't enough evidence to convince the Judge/ Magistrate to support the murder charge? Hopefully there is!

OMG, he is actually going to apply for bail :scared:

Updated at the same link:

Tuesday 1.50pm: JOHN Edwards, the man accused of killing his estranged wife Sharon Edwards and then hiding her body, is expected to apply for bail in Lismore Local Court after lunch.
Several close friends of the missing 55-year-old are in court to watch the matter from the public gallery. They include colleagues from Coutts Crossing Public School, where she worked as a teacher.
Mr Edwards is being represented by barrister Peter O'Connor.
Just before noon the prosecution lodged a 19-page statement of facts with Magistrate David Heilpern outlining the substance of the allegations against Mr Edwards.
Magistrate Heilpern said he would read the document over lunch before returning to hear the bail application.
More to come at 3pm.

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/husband-to-appear-in-court-charged-with-sharon-edw/3215050/

Updated at the same link:

Tuesday 1.50pm: JOHN Edwards, the man accused of killing his estranged wife Sharon Edwards and then hiding her body, is expected to apply for bail in Lismore Local Court after lunch.
Several close friends of the missing 55-year-old are in court to watch the matter from the public gallery. They include colleagues from Coutts Crossing Public School, where she worked as a teacher.
Mr Edwards is being represented by barrister Peter O'Connor.
Just before noon the prosecution lodged a 19-page statement of facts with Magistrate David Heilpern outlining the substance of the allegations against Mr Edwards.
Magistrate Heilpern said he would read the document over lunch before returning to hear the bail application.
More to come at 3pm.

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/husband-to-appear-in-court-charged-with-sharon-edw/3215050/

Updated again at your link Sleep, bail denied!

From that same link:
Magistrate David Heilpern acknowledged the prosecution case was circumstantial but said a number of matters in the police statement of facts were "beyond simple suspicion".

He said there were discrepancies between between Edwards' first and second interviews with police, which he described as "lies and misrepresentations".

He said an injury to Edwards' hand around the time of Sharon Edwards' disappearance was also "unlikely to have occurred in the manner he described".

Magistrate Heilpern said statements made by Edwards to the police and to the media about the nature of his relationship with his estranged wife were "entirely different" to statements made by other witnesses, indicating their relationship was not as healthy as Edwards made out.

He added that mobile phone records indicating Edwards' movements around the time of his wife's disappearance could prove decisive.

"It is a circumstantial case, but not a weak one," Magistrate Heilpern declared.

https://www.northernstar.com.a...arged-with-sharon-edw/3215050/

OMG i was meant to start as a juror in Lismore this week (for 10 weeks). i wonder if it was related to this case? I had to apply for a leave of absence since i am going on a family cruise... Damn. I'd like to see the murderer convicted!

From that same link:
Magistrate David Heilpern acknowledged the prosecution case was circumstantial but said a number of matters in the police statement of facts were "beyond simple suspicion".

He said there were discrepancies between between Edwards' first and second interviews with police, which he described as "lies and misrepresentations".

He said an injury to Edwards' hand around the time of Sharon Edwards' disappearance was also "unlikely to have occurred in the manner he described".

Magistrate Heilpern said statements made by Edwards to the police and to the media about the nature of his relationship with his estranged wife were "entirely different" to statements made by other witnesses, indicating their relationship was not as healthy as Edwards made out.

He added that mobile phone records indicating Edwards' movements around the time of his wife's disappearance could prove decisive.

"It is a circumstantial case, but not a weak one," Magistrate Heilpern declared.

https://www.northernstar.com.a...arged-with-sharon-edw/3215050/

This will be a tough trial, friends and close relatives giving their testimony about Sharon's broken marriage and strained relationship with JE. One son believed they weren't estranged even though they lived separately and Sharon was dating, most likely JE was too!

JE will probably never reveal where he disposed of Sharon.

Updated again at your link Sleep, bail denied!

Yippee.

Thanks for great news.
This jerk needs to be behind bars to the end::loveyou:
through trial, and beyond.Can't wait
to celebrate at end.
Sharon's family and friends will be pleased, especially her dear boys !!!!

OMG i was meant to start as a juror in Lismore this week (for 10 weeks). i wonder if it was related to this case? I had to apply for a leave of absence since i am going on a family cruise... Damn. I'd like to see the murderer convicted!

iailwa, go on your cruise. Have loads of funn.
Then come back, and we'll all have a celebration, after this trial, when this jerk, gets years behind bars.
Enjoy your trip, big time!!!
When you return, watch KARMA do it's bit of MAGIC, with this piece of "...."!!!!.

A small bay cell carcinoma is slow growing skin cancer. As long as you get it early you'll be fine.

Its the nasty melanomas, if ignored, can be problematic.

There are so many types of cancers JE could be suffering and could the medications warp his thinking that be used in his defence.

Remission on is a wonderful word.

You wouldn't be on Medication, affecting your thinking, with Basal Cell Carcinoma.

They require excision only.
No way, does this affect his mind, if this is 'the type of Ca he has!!!!

Unless, of course, he uses 'poor me, Mr Victim, I require all this medication.

If this is his diagnosis, Medicos will 'tear him down' for over reacting for sympathy.
"poor me"!!!
Unless there is Ca , besides BSC, then would think differently.

I had to see someone about cancer the other day - a small BCC - easily and safely cut out!

You wouldn't be on Medication, affecting your thinking, with Basal Cell Carcinoma.

They require excision only.
No way, does this affect his mind, if this is 'the type of Ca he has!!!!

Unless, of course, he uses 'poor me, Mr Victim, I require all this medication.

If this is his diagnosis, Medicos will 'tear him down' for over reacting for sympathy.
"poor me"!!!
Unless there is Ca , besides BSC, then would think differently.

Hi tmar, I was responding to purpleandgreen's comment

Wife murder accused "terrorized" in prison

KEY details surrounding the alleged murder of Grafton primary school teacher Sharon Edwards have been aired in Lismore Local Court in a bail hearing for the missing woman's husband and murder accused John Wallace Edwards.

Edwards appeared shocked, opening his mouth several times and waving his hands in the air when Magistrate Heilpern refused bail.

He said he had a 60-page document to prove his innocence.

The matter was adjourned to Grafton Local Court on September 5.

[FONT=&quot]He argued the case was heavily circumstantial and it was "unlikely" that Mr Edwards' location could be "definitively established" on the night in question.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Edwards had also been assaulted in prison and "terrorized" by threats from inmates since his arrest in June, prompting his relocation to a high care cell with limited access to exercise or sunshine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He had several medical conditions including a "pre-cancer" growth and chronic emphysema which were being aggravated by his remand in custody.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Magistrate David Heilpern acknowledged the prosecution case was circumstantial but said a number of matters in the police statement of facts were "beyond simple suspicion".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He said there were discrepancies between between Edwards' first and second interviews with police, which he described as "lies and misrepresentations".[/FONT]

https://m.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/husband-to-appear-in-court-charged-with-sharon-edw/3215050/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back