Australia - Shey Webber, 35, found badly injured in her Warranwood home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remain concerned about the non-responsiveness that Shey’s brother & sister in law spoke of in their TV interview.

This article talks about the healing of brain injuries, and how the healing is different for each person.

http://healthpages.org/brain-injury/injured-brain-heal/

As it has been several weeks now, I am truly hoping that Shey’s brain swelling has subsided and there are indications of responsiveness. :please:

I am also hoping that police are having some luck in tracking down her brutal attacker.

It sometimes takes a long time for them to recover. We had friends whose son had a TBI and it took months and months and a couple of years until he fully recovered.

It's been over a month. ICUnurse that seems a long time for an induced coma? If so her injuries must be horrific & whoever did this must have left her for dead and must be taken off the streets ASAP. OMG Shey was in her own home!!
Poor sweet girl and I feel for her family, they must be exhausted & I pray for good news for them.

I feel the same way :therethere:

Hope Shey shows some improvement by Christmas so her family have something to celebrate .

Thoughts and prays to Shey and her family at what should be a happy time.

Just stopping by to check on Shey. Praying for her and her family.

Hope they find the perp!

ICUNURSE, have you seen patients waking up from an induced coma and remembering things from ICU?
If found this interesting .....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/6...ma-I-could-hear-people-talking-around-me.html

Unimaginable, isn’t it. Well, actually not to me, for I have been through something very similar. Locked in a coma after an operation went wrong, I heard medical staff discussing my case, without being able to join in. I listened to my wife talking to me, but was unable to respond. And I tried, fruitlessly, to work out how to make contact with her.

Oh my...

How horrifying, They'llGetYou!

:hug:

I remain concerned about the non-responsiveness that Shey’s brother & sister in law spoke of in their TV interview.

This article talks about the healing of brain injuries, and how the healing is different for each person.

http://healthpages.org/brain-injury/injured-brain-heal/

As it has been several weeks now, I am truly hoping that Shey’s brain swelling has subsided and there are indications of responsiveness. :please:

I am also hoping that police are having some luck in tracking down her brutal attacker.

Great research on comas, SouthAussie!

:thumb:

It all depends on the person and their injuries.

What we normally see is that a person is quite "scrambled" when they first wake up - odd behaviour, language regression, clumsiness - but that can be transient or permenant. There is no way of knowing in the early days how much function or memory a person may regain.

The behaviour stuff is massively challenging to families, and also presents issues in caring for them for hospital staff.

Two patients with very similar injuries can be effected differently. I've had two in this past year with almost identical fractures & haemorrhages - a 19yo man and a 42 yo woman.

The 19yo had severe short term memory loss. Repeating the same conversation fragments over and over again. He also grew exceptionally anxious, with hallicusinations of spiders on the roof - and some bilateral autonomic disfunction.

The woman was able to converse and retained her memories, but had lost all impulse control. She would pull out her IDC despite the pain and injury to herself, take off all clothes and sheets, and "go for it" (masturbate) in view of everyone. She could however hold a conversation.

His scrambling seems quite permenant. Hers has thankfully passed.

Neither have any recollection of the event - and I do wonder if that's actually a disguised blessing.

I'm hoping that the silence is because they are really close to a breakthrough. But then, it's been so quiet for weeks.....

Hoping for a great outcome for shey - physically, emotionally and judicially.

A reminder to all...we don't post or discuss rumours on WS.

Your family are people, you can depend,
If you get in trouble, they shall defend.
They are the one's that understand,
Always willing to give you a hand.

Your family, you should always cherish,
Without them you would probably perish.
Your connection with them is very deep,
If something happens, together you weep.

You family can help, your confidence build,
With their love and support, you'll feel fulfilled.
Just don't forget to show your appreciation,
That will strengthen your relation.

Sounds like really bad injuries, unfortunate. I've been reading and nothing conclusive but I am left with wondering about past relationships and the possibility she rejected someone from before.

Something I hadn't seen mentioned was her car. It caught my attention because of the model. From the article

Ms Webber was last seen on the Saturday before Cup Day, sunbathing in her backyard, and at shops a day earlier in her distinctive red convertible Toyota MR2 Spider.

Having worked with sports car enthusiast she may have joined a MR2 touring club and known some of the other members. I found this link and info and I'm wondering if she had involvement with the club?

MR2 Owners’ Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc.
Welcome to the home of the MR2 Owners’ Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc.

Scroll down to see our upcoming events

We are a group of people linked by our love of this fantastic sports car, the Toyota MR2. The MR2 was in production from 1984 starting with the AW11, the SW20 1990 to 1999 and the ZZW30 Spyder/MRS 2000 to 2005.

We have a lively and diverse group of members ranging from those interested (and currently competing) in motorsport events though to the more social with everything in between.

http://mr2club.com.au/vic/ More info at the link

Your family are people, you can depend,
If you get in trouble, they shall defend.
They are the one's that understand,
Always willing to give you a hand.

Your family, you should always cherish,
Without them you would probably perish.
Your connection with them is very deep,
If something happens, together you weep.

You family can help, your confidence build,
With their love and support, you'll feel fulfilled.
Just don't forget to show your appreciation,
That will strengthen your relation.

Thanks for the beautiful poem. It is so true.

Some news (of the non-Facebook variety).

There are no sources named, nor official statements so taking it with a grain of salt, especially with the rumours here the other day.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...er-brutal-attack/story-fni0fee2-1226784445702

BATTERED nurse Shey Webber has come out of an induced coma but cannot tell police what happened to her.

Ms Webber was pulled out of the coma about a week ago as her family keep a bedside vigil but cannot tell police if she was attacked.

The Herald Sun has learned her head injuries are so significant Ms Webber may have permanent brain injuries.

But in a twist to the case, forensic experts have found Ms Webber's injuries could have been caused by a fall inside her townhouse.

I for one want to see the staircase. Because we get about 10 PFO (pissed,fell over) a week - and while some of them manage to break an arm or a skull, or a few ribs ....... I don't know about the capacity to inflict " life changing injuries" on oneself......so that staircase must be a mean m$&@@&$$r to do such damage.

If it's true that is.
I'm not liking that there is no police media release accompanying this.

I really dislike the statement that "it's possible her injuries resulted from a fall" - out there in public before it's officially determined to have been the case. Nice way to give the defence attorney ammo ...... "There was no assault, she FELL!" Just a terrible article really undermining the victim and a little too early ......

''Shey has sustained significant injuries, which might be life-changing. I suppose one could say were consistent with that of a car accident,'' Sen-Sgt Guy said.

''It’s very, very vicious.''

Just quoting marlywings post from the first thread to say this:

What the Sgt said does not in any way sound like a fall, or even a push, down the stairs, as described in the article by the heraldsun, imo.

"consistent with [a] car accident"
"very, very, vicious"
fell down the stairs

Nope.

Perhaps there was a fall down the stairs but I'm 100% sure it happened after a brutal bashing and that it was more of a push than a trip which resulted in the fall. There is no way a simple fall down the stairs could result in car crash like injuries.

Great news that she has come out of the coma. The rest of the story is just speculation. As ICU said this story has no direct comments from police. Except that the investigation remains ongoing to determine the cause of her injuries. Whether it was an assault or a terrible accident.

Putting all that aside, Shey is still a very ill lady whose life has probably changed forever.
Prayer and thought are with her and her family through this trying time.

I am so glad that Shey has come out of her coma. But like many, I find it very difficult to believe the fall theory. There has been too many comments about how severe her injuries are for a fall down stairs to be plausible. Maybe this is just a strategy by police to make the offender think they might be in the clear.

Wow! Fantastic to hear that Shey is progressing!

Seems that there could be a focus on the incident happening on/around the staircase, and possibly on a tiled floor. Accidental fall or pushed ... so hard to prove either way without clear memory or witness statements.

I guess if Shey was doing something like carrying some bits of laundry downstairs it could account for her tripping face-first down the stairs without being able to catch herself, and account for bloody clothing being seen in the hallway by the delivery person, and account for the fact that Shey was still alive and not killed outright by an intruder (to preserve their identity), and account for no forced entry, and no stolen items (that we know of)?

:dunno:

I wonder if it's strategic? Maybe they want the perp to relax a bit?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back