Australia - Shey Webber, 35, found badly injured in her Warranwood home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thanks for that update, jamie233. :seeya:

That same article also says that Shey remains unable to communicate so obviously all theories are still speculation at this point, are they not? They don't definitively know what happened if she can't tell them.

I wonder where the idea that she fell down the stairs in an accident even came from? It certainly doesn't sound consistent with injuries as bad as those caused by a car crash, as others have also said upthread. Seems a strange theory for LE to suddenly have…..

I wonder where the idea that she fell down the stairs in an accident even came from? It certainly doesn't sound consistent with injuries as bad as those caused by a car crash, as others have also said upthread. Seems a strange theory for LE to suddenly have…..
Apparently it came from the forensic evidence to what I gather.

But in a twist to the case, forensic experts have found Ms Webber's injuries could have been caused by a fall inside her townhouse.

Whether Ms Webber was pushed or simply fell down a staircase is still to be determined.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-brutal-incident/story-fni0fee2-1226784445702

A reminder to all members...

We don't allow copy/paste comments or screen shots from facebook.

We also don't allow discussions about comments from there.

I'll also add, if you have a concern about a post, instead of replying to it, please use the alert button located on top right corner of each post, the small red triangle. Type in your concern & a mod will get to your alert as soon as time allows.

I am thinking, though Shey's injuries continue to sound severe, that her family must be so relieved that she has revived from her coma...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Shey, and those that love her, as they continue to face this most challenging time...

:grouphug:

Thanks for that, Blue Bottle!:seeya: I missed that bit!! Good to have some explanation in this increasingly bizarre case…...
I find the way some media stories are set up with bits and pieces of the main news story inserted in between a multitude of captions under pictures, video clips and other related news links that it's easy to miss seeing some of the story.

I have no opinion either way because all I know is what little has been published. In general, I don't trust the accuracy of many a news story and just from reading news about local issues, have found a crime or an event in some cases can be so wrongly presented in mainstream media where it sounds like something it wasn't. More interested in the hype and the deviation type stories (in Shey's case, online dating) than Shey's story it seems. It has still not been confirmed that it was an online date gone wrong, but it seemed to me at the time, that writing stories about problems with online dating was more of a main focus than the story of a possible crime against Shey. But then, I am cynical these days when it comes to the presentation of news stories.

Also, there is no longer any recent media mention of the account Tamika set up to assist Shey for her house morgage and rehabilitation costs. Huge problem that. Financial hardship hits many a family in that if you don't have adequate insurance and become the victim of a crime or accident or sickness (or death of a main household earner) then you stand to lose everything which is what has happened to many an individual person and family.

Like already said, either way be it a crime or an accident, it does sound like Shey has a long long road of recovery ahead of her. And now to be truely cynical, I can bet if it does end up as being an accident and not a crime as originally thought, Shey's story will be dropped from the media like a hot cake. In fact, if it was thought to have been a bad accident from the very beginning we wouldn't have even heard about it.

Rave rave rave... rant rant... rarra raa... lol... yeah...

Anyone with information has been asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or go to www.crimestoppers.com.au

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...dent-police-20131217-2ziuw.html#ixzz2nioezhyI
This article by The Age News is today's news and is an example of one type of wobbly I have with the media... and this has been happening for quite a while now with most news sites where they publish the Crime Stoppers link but if you click into www.crimestoppers.com.au you get a message which says:

Please update your bookmarks

The correct urls for Crimestoppers websites are as follows:

The not so new anymore Crime Stoppers link is: https://crimestoppers.com.au/ but seems like very few media sites have bothered to update their information as in do they just blindly post a Police or Crime related link without first checking to see if it is the right one?

https://crimestoppers.com.au/

This article by The Age News is today's news and is an example of one type of wobbly I have with the media... and this has been happening for quite a while now with most news sites where they publish the Crime Stoppers link but if you click into www.crimestoppers.com.au you get a message which says:

The not so new anymore Crime Stoppers link is: https://crimestoppers.com.au/ but seems like very few media sites have bothered to update their information as in do they just blindly post a Police or Crime related link without first checking to see if it is the right one?

https://crimestoppers.com.au/

At least it takes you to a page which lists the links for each individual state. However, I've just emailed the journo enquiring as to why the "Vic" link wasn't included in the report. I'll let you know if she replies.

DRS should be able to tell if Shey's injuries were due to blunt force trauma administered by someone ....or a fall right?

Not sure why police would feel the need to not disclose some of her injuries if they felt it could have been an accident. Other information such as "police sources" and "forensic experts tell us that...." without any verification as to who the police sources or forensic experts are does not sound credible under the circumstances. If police are not releasing information regarding her injuries how would anyone outside the investigation know whether or not it could be an accident? Keeping that information quiet would lead anyone to think there is a strong belief there was a crime. jmo

DRS should be able to tell if Shey's injuries were due to blunt force trauma administered by someone ....or a fall right?

At this stage I don't believe Shey's injuries were from falling down stairs. I'm going with the police comments from the press conference which is on video in the first report in this thread.

In his comments, an obviously emotional detective states...

the house presented to us as obviously there had been some sort of struggle in the house

significant injuries to her body at this stage we want to keep that to ourselves. Very very vicious injuries akin to a car accident.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ind-her-attacker/story-fni0fee2-1226761403547

I have never heard of anyone suffering "significant" or "vicious" injuries akin to a car accident, from falling down stairs. Keeping in mind, on a daily basis, police deal with folks who have been injured in all types of situations.

Interesting developments today. So glad Shey is out of the coma.

Re the car accident type injuries, if someone face-planted onto a hard floor, the damage would be very significant. And if she had been lying there for quite a long time, the bruising would be much more significant than when if she was discovered immediately after the fall. Pair that with other injuries, like broken bones (maybe open fractures), lots of blood - it could certainly present to a non-medical person as an assault. Also, the state of her home may not have been normally very tidy (no judgement or assumption). This could make it appear like something more sinister had happened. I also wonder if Shey gained consciousness at some stage and dragged herself around - maybe trying to get to her phone. Blood may have been spread around her home, and maybe she knocked things over.

I'm really unsure about what has happened to poor Shey - I guess regardless it's wonderful that she is awake. I kind of hope it was a fall. Might be easier for her to recover from psychologically.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ind-her-attacker/story-fni0fee2-1226761403547

I have never heard of anyone suffering "significant" or "vicious" injuries akin to a car accident, from falling down stairs. Keeping in mind, on a daily basis, police deal with folks who have been injured in all types of situations.[/QUOTE]

I've racked my mind thinking about Shey.
1) Shey was seen sun baking outside, maybe, she ran into the back glass door breaking the glass and suffering horrible injuries. It's feasible and a very common injury.
2) I'm imagining the flooring is tiled downstairs, slipping is also feasible with a pot plant landing on her looking like a weapon.
Injured she crawled a distance through the glass smearing blood as she went.

Or she was attacked by a madman who is still on the loose in the area! :scared:

Example: The police pretended Baden-Clay was not a suspect so he relaxed 'business as usual' and then whammy gotcha! That's what I've been noticing since with being with WS.
ALL WE CARE ABOUT IS SHEY PULLS THROUGH

Wouldn't a shattered glass door be evidence of a break in to LE? Didn't LE say there were no signs of a forced entry into the home? Unfortunately the most significant information has not been released. It's possible Shey may never remember what happened to her. Recovery is often slow but some things may come back to her with time. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back