Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police have scoured the streets around the school of missing Melbourne teenager Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon in a hunt for clues to her disappearance.
Detective Senior Sergeant David Snare said the hunt for clues had expanded to the streets after a search of the schoolyard earlier in the week.

Police doorknocked homes around Boronia Heights College on Thursday while a State Emergency Service team combed the area.

"We have the SES at the moment out searching in the vicinity of the school and surrounding streets for evidence that might have been dropped," he told reporters.

"We need to analyse contacts with other students (and) other groups that she's associated with."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8261665/homicide-squad-in-search-for-missing-girl

Police have scoured the streets around the school of missing Melbourne teenager Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon in a hunt for clues to her disappearance.
Detective Senior Sergeant David Snare said the hunt for clues had expanded to the streets after a search of the schoolyard earlier in the week.

Police doorknocked homes around Boronia Heights College on Thursday while a State Emergency Service team combed the area.

"We have the SES at the moment out searching in the vicinity of the school and surrounding streets for evidence that might have been dropped," he told reporters.

"We need to analyse contacts with other students (and) other groups that she's associated with."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8261665/homicide-squad-in-search-for-missing-girl

Bung, where are you? I hope she turns up safe.

Sorry, but could the newspapers please not write sensationalistic headlines like Bungs "Secret Online Life"?
It does nothing to help find her, in fact it could harm her.
It implies a hidden, furtive behaviour, and attempts to put people in mind of a "wayward teen", which by all accounts Bung is not.
Clearly this poor girl has met with foul play and I see this as an early attempt at victim blaming.

The police search of her Facebook accounts is helpful; this type of reportage, not so.

All in my humble opinion only.

Sorry, but could the newspapers please not write sensationalistic headlines like Bungs "Secret Online Life"?
It does nothing to help find her, in fact it could harm her.

I agree. I am seeing it so much lately, it's a new 'irk' of mine.

Praying for this beautiful child!

Young children on the internet pretending to be an age they are not is just not a good thing - media should not be putting it out as "secret online life" as that is not good either.

There is evidence that Bung was involved with at least two online sites that I could see and one social site where the age she disclosed was 27 years.

Here is a picture of Bung from one of the social networking sites. Hoping that Bung returns home or somebody recognizes her and calls the proper authorities. It is time to come home Bungie.

Attachments

• Bung profile pix.png
    Bung profile pix.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 141
Thank you very much elepher50. I hadn't noticed the age discrepancy before. I hadn't used the new Myspace and didn't know to hover my mouse over that area. Good catch.
I concluded the same, Bung has 2 Facebooks and the Myspace account.

From these sites we can see that the report of her using "false names" is an exaggeration. The names she uses are Bung, Bungie, and Bungiee.

The non-secret, offline reality is unthinkable : She was simply walking to school, just walking like millions of other kids do every morning.
Any child could go missing, anywhere, at any time.

But they figure that might not attract as many readers. So a salacious angle is taken. The reader can infer that Bung endangered herself on the internet. And that because of that she met with foul play. And that "It won't happen to my child because she doesn't lead a secret online life."

But we see this slant and we're not buying it. We are on the right track to lighting the way home for Bung.

So in summation may I say : Article very very bad. Police and Websleuths very very good.

All in my humble opinion only.

Asked whether there could be links to the Mr Cruel attacks on young girls in the late 1980s and early '90s in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, he said no connection with other disappearances had been drawn.

Child rapist Mr Cruel was believed to be responsible for at least four attacks on children, and two of his victims were 13-year-old girls.

While three of the victims were released, Mr Cruel went on to murder his last known victim, 13-year-old Karmein Chan

Mr Cruel was never caught but police last year said a fresh taskforce had been established to track him down.

Karmein Chan of Templestowe.

144162-karmein-chan.jpg

From Karmein Chan's suburb to Bung Siriboon's

1z6y5jt.jpg

Karmein Chan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Cruel

Please don't let this be.

Fears held for missing Vic girl

"We don't believe her use of social media is connected to this case," Det Insp Potter said

Read more: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/fears-held-for-missing-vic-girl-20110624-1giwt.html

Now that that's out of the way...

Missing Boronia man found

14 Jun 11 @ 10:04am by Adrian Bernecich

POLICE have confirmed a missing Boronia man, who has not been seen since last Thursday, is alive and has contacted his family.

The 41-year-old’s disappearance sparked a police and SES search starting at Boronia Heights College yesterday.

But this morning Boronia police confirmed the man had made contact with loved ones, but could not confirm his whereabouts.

Police have not released any other information on the man’s identity at this stage.

The incident is not related to the disappearance of Boronia schoolgirl Siriyakorn ‘Bung’ Siriboon.

http://knox-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/search-for-missing-boronia-man/

How unrelated is "not related"?

He lived in the same suburb as Bung.
He was last seen on June 9th, 7 days after Bung's disappearance.
He was thought to have been at Bung's school.
His whereabouts still have not been confirmed.

That's pretty astonishing for something unrelated.

What significance, if any, does this incident hold? Any thoughts or suggestions of how to find out if there is more to this story?

Karmein Chan of Templestowe.

The cruel man was a creature of the night, snatching girls from the safety of their homes after bedtime - and always during school holidays. If this was abduction, then we have an offender offending to a different MO. Mr. Cruel, fortunately, has not returned to reprise his reign of terror. Yet the disappearance of young Bung does have that distinctly eerie feel about it, not felt since 1991.

Perhaps a comparison can be made with the attempted abduction last week of a 15-year-old girl making her way to school in another suburb:

School girl saved in attempted abduction
24 Jun 11 @ 8:42PM by Nathan Mawby

A TEENAGE school girl was saved from an attempted abduction by a Good Samaritan driving by who witnessed the attack and hit their horn this morning.

Police believe the driver of the four-wheel drive scared off a man who had grabbed the 15-year-old's school bag after stalking her along Kent Rd in Pascoe Vale at about 8.20am.

The girl had been walking to school when she noticed the man, who was wearing a dark jumper and gloves, following her.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...empted-abduction/story-fn7x8me2-1226081593705

Girls on their way to school in Melbourne need to take care, for there is at least the possibility a new serial kidnapper is on the loose.

HOMICIDE squad detectives have been briefed on the attempted abduction of an 11-year old in Melbourne's east this morning.
Police are investigating reports that the girl was approached by a man who tried to lure her into his vehicle in Boronia.
Police believe the incident took place around 8.45am on Bennett St, near the intersection of Albert Ave
The man is described as being Caucasian, aged in his 60s and wearing dark coloured track pants, a dark-coloured long-sleeved top, and had grey short hair.

He was also wearing reading glasses at the time, and had a white coloured surgical mask covering his mouth.

Continued:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/detectives-investigate-failed-kidnap-near-where-bung-siriboon-went-missing/story-e6frf7jo-1226084329924

HOMICIDE squad detectives have been briefed on the attempted abduction of an 11-year old in Melbourne's east this morning.
Police are investigating reports that the girl was approached by a man who tried to lure her into his vehicle in Boronia.
Police believe the incident took place around 8.45am on Bennett St, near the intersection of Albert Ave
The man is described as being Caucasian, aged in his 60s and wearing dark coloured track pants, a dark-coloured long-sleeved top, and had grey short hair.

He was also wearing reading glasses at the time, and had a white coloured surgical mask covering his mouth.

Read more:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/detectives-investigate-failed-kidnap-near-where-bung-siriboon-went-missing/story-e6frf7jo-1226084329924

Pink line shows street on which Bung was last seen walking
Purple circle shows location of today's attempted abduction

212ssd2.png

I just wanted to say, what a brave and observant girl, what a terrifying experience to go through, and what a lucky escape.
Her astute observations will identify him.
Justice soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anaaaa555