GUILTY Australia - Sophie Collombet, 21, found dead in Kurilpa Park, Brisbane, 27 March 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks enzeder :seeya:

A few points regarding the Police conference -
It was raining heavily the night Sophie was attacked - Sophie was seen carrying an umbrella.
An umbrella similar to Sophie's was found in the vicinity of where her body was located, but it is not yet known if it belonged to her.

Police are looking for her large cloth shoulder bag which may have contained an IPad, a Blackberry type phone, a purse. Police are yet to determine if these items were in the bag as yet.
A pair of black dress ankle boots
A beige sleeveless top

Police were uncertain if the attack took place at the rotunda.
Police cannot confirm if it was more than one person, as yet.
Police asked the media to show the CCTV footage of Sophie to help with inquiries.

Drive Newsreader for Nova 96.9 and Nova 106.9 - AlissaThibault Alissa Thibault 1m
This is 21 y/o Sophie Collombet the night she was murdered in Brisbane. Have you seen her clothes/bag? @nova1069 pic.twitter.com/8M9RMaN6hp
https://twitter.com/AlissaThibault/status/451590431055179776/photo/1/large

112d56p.jpg

He said witnesses, including some people living rough on the streets, had come forward with information, but due to the rain the area had been quieter than usual that night.

“It was, I would say, a bit quieter... There was not a lot of pedestrian traffic in that area at that time before or after.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...sophie-collombet/story-fnihsrf2-1226872970301

So it's a quieter than usual night because of the rain which makes it a whole lot easier for police trawling through CCTV recordings.

Sophie was seen on CCTV...so too will her killer/s. Hoping for an arrest soon.

From that same report. Good work Brisbane City Council!!!

The Courier-Mail discovered at least two businesses in the area had installed new CCTV systems in recent weeks with the aid of Brisbane City Council crime prevention grants.

One of the new camera systems was switched on only the day before Ms Collombet’s body was discovered.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...sophie-collombet/story-fnihsrf2-1226872970301

He said witnesses, including some people living rough on the streets, had come forward with information, but due to the rain the area had been quieter than usual that night.

“It was, I would say, a bit quieter... There was not a lot of pedestrian traffic in that area at that time before or after.”

So it's a quieter than usual night because of the rain which makes it a whole lot easier for police trawling through CCTV recordings.

Sophie was seen on CCTV...so too will her killer/s. Hoping for an arrest soon.

Thanks for posting this, Marly :seeya: That makes sense of one aspect of the case that's been really puzzling - how this could happen in what I expected to be a busy area at that time of night. But yes, rain clears the streets.....

Police recover murder victim Sophie Collombet’s umbrella as they prepare to release CCTV footage showing final movements
Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-final-movements/story-fnihsrf2-1226872970301

Electrical contractors were yesterday working to repair one of the street lights closest to where she was discovered.

The light did not appear to have a bulb, but may have shattered.

the missing lightbulb gives me the heebie geebies even though its probably a coincidence. :tears:

Sophie's murder sounds quite similar to the murder of Joan Ryther.

Joan was walking to work around 8.30pm, Sophie walking home around the same time.

Both left in open conspicuous places.

I have very little to add at this time apart from how awful I feel that another hard-working overseas student has been brutally murdered in Brisbane (although as far as I can tell I would say her killer/s were simply after somebody to kill/rape/whatever and any woman would, Australian or overseas, have been good enough for them). I sure hope the police track down her killer/s very VERY quickly and they get the maximum sentence possible!!

All I can add is that I was driving into QUT (Gardens Point) in the city on Monday afternoon, and a few uniformed bicycle police were questioning about 4 or 5 rough-looking people (presumably homeless) who were occupying a rotunda next to where the Captain Cook Bridge (for cars) passes over the Goodwill Bridge (for pedestrians and cyclists). I can't recall every seeing any homeless types in this rotunda before, so that was a bit unusual...although at the same time if they DID happen to be involved in Sophie's death you would think they would have moved a bit further away from the murder scene (a few hundred metres away from QUT), and would likely avoid congregating together underneath another rotunda.

So...I don't know...all I will say is that I didn't like the look of these guys (and maybe one or two of them were female?).

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm wondering exactly where they found her umbrella? Was it nearby in the park...or in the river....or somewhere else?

Can't find those details in the MSM articles I've been reading (but maybe I've just missed it somehow!!) Does anyone know off the top of their head?:seeya:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm wondering exactly where they found her umbrella? Was it nearby in the park...or in the river....or somewhere else?

Can't find those details in the MSM articles I've been reading (but maybe I've just missed it somehow!!) Does anyone know off the top of their head?:seeya:

Det Insp Kemp said a similar umbrella had been found in the Brisbane River, near the scene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back