GUILTY Australia - Sophie Collombet, 21, found dead in Kurilpa Park, Brisbane, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Courier News CCTV footage

She gets off a bus at Brisbane’s Queensland Cultural Centre about 9pm last Thursday after finishing a class at Griffith University’s Nathan campus.
She turns and waves goodbye to a friend. And then she walks off, unknowingly towards her death.

Below is a screen capture shot pic - not playable video - the video at link above.

picture.php

Looking at the CCTV video I noticed -
Sophie has on a black jacket/jumper - the jumper hasn't been mentioned as far as I can recall in msm. Correct me please if it was mentioned.
Maybe the jumper was also in her bag?

(Note: there is a person in black trousers behind Sophie in the screencapture which may makes it a little harder to see her correct outline - FWIW)

"Sophie was in a class that met on Thursday evenings so they’ll be meeting tonight, a week after all of this happened. I think it’ll be a particularly challenging time for the lecturer and the classmates," she said.
"It was the last class she attended and the last thing we really know for sure about what really happened on Thursday evening."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ity-footage-20140403-36033.html#ixzz2xoskSEgG

Sophie looked back at the bus and waved MOO

April 04, 2014 12:00AM

A CLASSMATE of murdered French student Sophie Collombet offered her a lift home from university the night she was killed, but she declined the offer and chose to take the bus instead.

News of the fateful decision emerged last night during a counselling session at Griffith University and conversations her classmates had with friend Roselyne Trott afterwards

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-south-brisbane/story-fnihsrf2-1226874064339

The revelation came as Ms Collombet’s brother told of the heartache of losing his loved little sister.

Guillaume Collombet, who lives in France, broke his silence on Facebook, posting a heartfelt message to his sister who was brutally murdered and dumped on the banks of the Brisbane River last Thursday night.

“In every corner of the sky, in every drop of water, in every iceberg, in every lake or river, in every flower, the blue of your eyes will be with us,” he wrote

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...n-south-brisbane/story-fnii5v6w-1226874064339

I have nothing to add BUT after watching the video of Sophie at the Cultural Centre, it's pleasing to see that nothing much has changed since I lived there some 10 years ago, and you can still usually see someone, somewhere wearing a giant red sombrero at the bus stop. Ahhh Brisbane, never change.

The killer was either very lucky or very clever - it occurred in a CCTV 'black spot' :facepalm::

The message came as it emerged Ms Collombet was murdered about 9pm in a CCTV black spot in what police describe as an opportunistic killing.

Detectives have revealed the killing occurred beyond the view of cameras and the suspect had not been spotted despite days of reviewing footage.

Police remain confident of catching the killer despite teeming rain that drove away witnesses, hampered visibility and potentially drowned out Ms Collombet’s screams.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-south-brisbane/story-fnihsrf2-1226874064339

The person she was waving goodbye to on the bus has spoken:

THE friend seen in CCTV footage waving Sophie Collombet goodbye moments before she was brutally murdered has revealed the French student spoke about her boyfriend and television shows during their bus ride together.

Nancy Liu, who was studying international business with Sophie at Griffith University, last night told The Courier-Mail the pair had been catching the bus home together for the past three weeks.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-fellow-student/story-fnihsrf2-1226874067319

At 8.47pm city workers and students were heading home. Couples and friends were arriving in the entertainment precinct for dinner and a movie.

A brisk 20-minute walk should have taken her to her apartment, just over the river, opposite the Go Between Bridge......

........The weather had cleared the paths of the joggers and cyclists who’d normally be around. But the boardwalk would have at least felt safe compared to the industrial backstreets or isolated paths that were her alternative routes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-fellow-student/story-fnihsrf2-1226874067319

She would have had no idea that she was placing herself in serious danger. Nobody would have. It's just so terrible :facepalm:

Police spent last night at the crime scene near the William Jolly Bridge, stopping passersby in the hope of gaining new information.

Senior Constable Gerard Hobbs says they talked to a number of people.

"We've had quite a few, quite a lot that we've spoken to and we've got some further leads we can follow up on," he said.

He says the overnight operation might provide a much-needed breakthrough.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-04/sophie-collombet-murder-police-speak-to-passersby/5366520

Let's hope that is indeed the case :please:

One of the many things that's alarming about this case is the fact that her body was left on 'display' on the table.........as SouthAussie pointed out to me, wouldn't it be easier and 'safer' for the killer to merely dump the body in the river (which was right beside the rotunda).

There is a possible taunting element in leaving the body so brazenly. And that is really scary IMO.:scared:

Police are investigating after a woman was assaulted and robbed at Sunnybank last night.

Around 9pm the woman was walking along Norinda Street when she was struck on the back of the head causing her to fall to the ground.

Her handbag was then taken by a man who then ran off towards Mains Road.

The 24-year-old woman was treated at the scene for bruising.

The man is described as having a large build and was possibly wearing dark clothing

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/southbrisbane/2014/04/04/robbery-violence-sunnybank-2/

I'm asking myself whether this could be related. Maybe Sophie's murderer didn't intend to kill her but it was a robbery gone wrong. Maybe there was evidence on her clothing, so he took it and/or he wanted to make it look like a rape? Sunnybank is a 15 min / 20 km drive on the Pacific Mwy from Kurilpa Park. Public transport is close by, too.

Police are investigating after a woman was assaulted and robbed at Sunnybank last night.

Around 9pm the woman was walking along Norinda Street when she was struck on the back of the head causing her to fall to the ground.

Her handbag was then taken by a man who then ran off towards Mains Road.

The 24-year-old woman was treated at the scene for bruising.

The man is described as having a large build and was possibly wearing dark clothing

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/southbrisbane/2014/04/04/robbery-violence-sunnybank-2/

I'm asking myself whether this could be related. Maybe Sophie's murderer didn't intend to kill her but it was a robbery gone wrong. Maybe there was evidence on her clothing, so he took it and/or he wanted to make it look like a rape? Sunnybank is a 15 min / 20 km drive on the Pacific Mwy from Kurilpa Park. Public transport is close by, too.

Well that's a bit freaky. :scared:

And I hear what you're saying, IBR, about Sophie's case being a robbery gone wrong but I'm wondering if a robber would go to all that trouble? I understand him maybe taking off her outer clothing if his blood was on it but I just don't think he'd then take the time to remove her underwear and place her on a table. A thief who wants to grab someone's bag and take off is unlikely to spend all that time setting a fake scene IMO.

But I could be completely wrong - as we know from WS, people do all sorts of bizarre things!!:seeya:

http://www.bhsc.net.au/resource_files/bhsc/IR_1_Riverside-Drive-to-Home.pdf
See Page 2
The physical focus of the Riverside intervention was a strip of land in South Brisbane between the Hale Street Link construction site, the back fences of the Parmalat factory and Hanson’s concrete plant and Riverside Drive looking over to the Auchenflower reach of the Brisbane River. The location, along with Kurilpa Park, has been used for many years by homeless people, sometimes in large numbers by Brisbane standards of up to 100 people.
Within walking distance there are services such as the Oz Care men’s hostel, the Brisbane Homelessness Service Centre, Centrelink, Aboriginal and Islander Community Health Service, West End Community House and the Biala and peel Street drug and alcohol clinics, along with a supermarket, bus routes, hotels, and Musgrave Park, a significant gathering place for Aboriginal people. Volunteer-run food vans have included the Kurilpa Park - Riverside Drive area as a regular food and drink distribution point for many years.

This is a must read.
Authorities knew this little park was an extremely dangerous unsafe place. History told us that. Just read this document. :banghead:
They did nothing to ensure the publics safety when they turned it into a walking cycling route.
They put up cameras along the route, but allowed a black spot ( no cameras, broken lights) in the most dangerous area at the end, the park.
So it was probably common knowledge to the South Brisbane druggies and depraved, that this little park was the place to go. They would know that no one is watching!
Why did the Authorities turn a blind eye on this dangerous park. Why allow a black spot?( no cameras and lights out)
Someone needs to answer this question?
Are there other parks in Brisbane, where we are encouraged to walk and cycle, that have similar histories and black spots too?
So much time and money was spent to move on and house a population of homeless and dangerous individuals, and nothing was spent to ensure we remained safe, if they came back.

http://www.bhsc.net.au/resource_files/bhsc/IR_1_Riverside-Drive-to-Home.pdf
See Page 2
The physical focus of the Riverside intervention was a strip of land in South Brisbane between the Hale Street Link construction site, the back fences of the Parmalat factory and Hanson’s concrete plant and Riverside Drive looking over to the Auchenflower reach of the Brisbane River. The location, along with Kurilpa Park, has been used for many years by homeless people, sometimes in large numbers by Brisbane standards of up to 100 people.
Within walking distance there are services such as the Oz Care men’s hostel, the Brisbane Homelessness Service Centre, Centrelink, Aboriginal and Islander Community Health Service, West End Community House and the Biala and peel Street drug and alcohol clinics, along with a supermarket, bus routes, hotels, and Musgrave Park, a significant gathering place for Aboriginal people. Volunteer-run food vans have included the Kurilpa Park - Riverside Drive area as a regular food and drink distribution point for many years.

This is a must read.
Authorities knew this little park was an extremely dangerous unsafe place. History told us that. Just read this document. :banghead:
They did nothing to ensure the publics safety when they turned it into a walking cycling route.
They put up cameras along the route, but allowed a black spot ( no cameras, broken lights) in the most dangerous area at the end, the park.
So it was probably common knowledge to the South Brisbane druggies and depraved, that this little park was the place to go. They would know that no one is watching!
Why did the Authorities turn a blind eye on this dangerous park. Why allow a black spot?( no cameras and lights out)
Someone needs to answer this question?
Are there other parks in Brisbane, where we are encouraged to walk and cycle, that have similar histories and black spots too?
So much time and money was spent to move on and house a population of homeless and dangerous individuals, and nothing was spent to ensure we remained safe, if they came back.

Thank you SO much for that info, Aunty!:seeya:

That's absolutely terrible :facepalm:

One of the many things that's alarming about this case is the fact that her body was left on 'display' on the table.........as SouthAussie pointed out to me, wouldn't it be easier and 'safer' for the killer to merely dump the body in the river (which was right beside the rotunda).

There is a possible taunting element in leaving the body so brazenly. And that is really scary IMO.:scared:

I agree
This Monster has told a story by leaving her body this way.
Left naked and laying on a park bench?
Could the murderer be penny less (naked) and homeless (sleeps on a bench)
And have a History of Violence.
A Violent Prisoner who has just been released from Jail.
homeless, angry, broke ?
Is Thursday a Centrelink payment day?
Extremely Angry about being refused a payment that day?
Needed the money for his drug fix.
This is just my gut feeling... I wonder if the local Centrelink office had a major problem that day?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back