Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie went to the school to leave lesson plans and finish off things for while she is away on her honeymoon.

Aaron isn't hinky at all, that is the way he speaks. Nothing unusual there at all.

Goodfellas Restaurant
Italian restaurant
Address
16-18 Wade Ave South
Leeton, New South Wales 2705
Phone (02) 6953 5392

The couple texted each other back and forth at about 10am on Sunday to arrange a dinner that evening at Goodfella’s Restaurant.

Stephanie was at the Leeton High school that day and she was to have dinner at Goodfelas Restaurant.

If her fiancé stayed at his parents at Canowindra which 3 1/2 hours away.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/high-scho...ott-vanishes-from-leeton-20150407-1mfv29.html

The engaged couple spent that evening apart, with Mr Leeson-Woolley staying the night at his parent’s home in Canowindra, three half hours drive away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fely-fiance-says-excited-wedding-weekend.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/high-scho...ott-vanishes-from-leeton-20150407-1mfv29.html

'Everything seemed pretty fine'
'Im feeling pretty distressed'...

What's this 'pretty' business? Not quite fine? Not quite distressed? Just makes it sound like someone's not disclosing everything.

In any interview I have seen the boyfriend is always wiping away what appears to be non existent tears - although my eyes are pretty bad, they are probably pouring down his face......

That said he reminds me a lot of Mike McStay in his interviews and as far as I know he had nothing to do with his Families death, I think......

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...r-and-bride-to-be-vanishes-from-riverina-town

It really doesn't seem like the police have taken this seriously from the start. It's only today that there has been any developments. I seriously hope that Stephanie is safe somewhere. If she has been involved in an accident or some sort of crime, police better feel very ashamed. There is no excuse for not looking for a missing person straight away.

Ugh! I can't believe it took them so long to check her phone and bank records.

It is so sad that they are having to cancel the wedding.

I hate that I'm not able to help search. I don't think I could afford to travel there right now.

From everything that has been said by friends and family, I don't think that this is cold feet.

If dinner was going to be in Leeton and the fiance was 3 1/2 hrs away at his parents, when did he head to Leeton?

Just in time for dinner at 7?

Did he try to contact Stephanie again after he couldn't get hold of her at 12? I guess not or it would be mentioned.

Who made the reservation for dinner? And when?

I must admit, I initially thought this was "cold feet"... but now that I see she's still missing it's not looking good.

She didn't turn up for her dinner date at 7pm, and wasn't reported missing until 3pm the next day. That's a long time. I don't know... I would've thought alarm bells would be ringing if your fiancee didn't turn up to dinner. It's not like a mere acquaintance. It's the person you spend your life with.

Then there's the question, at what point do you approach the police? Sometimes people worry about using the police resources when there could be a simple explanation for the missing person. We don't know if he reported her missing sooner, and the police said to hold off. I bet the wedding element was a factor for the police.

If the email was sent from a mobile phone could it have been possibly delayed due to connections in town? My phone sometimes says it's sent even text messages but people don't get them straight away?

I must admit, I initially thought this was "cold feet"... but now that I see she's still missing it's not looking good.

She didn't turn up for her dinner date at 7pm, and wasn't reported missing until 3pm the next day. That's a long time. I don't know... I would've thought alarm bells would be ringing if your fiancee didn't turn up to dinner. It's not like a mere acquaintance. It's the person you spend your life with.

Then there's the question, at what point do you approach the police? Sometimes people worry about using the police resources when there could be a simple explanation for the missing person. We don't know if he reported her missing sooner, and the police said to hold off. I bet the wedding element was a factor for the police.
Your thoughts mimic mine Angeline. I also thought it strange that if she didnt show up to dinner that alarm bells would be ringing straight away. I mean if he hadnt been able to contact her earlier, then no show for dinner, i would presume he tried to contact her again when she was apparently late. But nothing has been said about that.
But i agree with you also on when the right time to contact police would be and some people wouldnt want to create unnecessary fuss if she was simply taking time out.

Why was the husband spending the night at his parents? What was the reason for them being apart?

April 08, 2015 7:04PM

After travelling back home Mr Leeson-Woolley didn’t see his fiancee all afternoon before she failed to show up for the dinner, booked for 8pm.

“He was a bit worried but thought she might have gone to a friends or something,” Stephanie’s sister Robyn said. “He tried her phone a few times as well.’’

By Monday morning when he still hadn’t heard from her, Mr Leeson-Woolley contacted Stephanie’s mother and sisters, thinking she may have contacted them, then reported her missing to Leeton police.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...fore-her-wedding/story-fni0cx12-1227294340843

April 08, 2015 8:47PM
A helicopter search in fading light for a missing bride-to-be has failed to find any sign of the NSW high school teacher.

When he arrived home from dropping off a suit in Canowindra, Ms Scott wasn’t there.

“She normally messages a lot but (Mr Leeson Woolley) didn’t really think anything sinister had happened,” Mrs Scott said. Ms Scott and Mr Leeson Woolley both grew up in the area and met as kids playing soccer together, Mrs Scott said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sing-bride-to-be/story-e6frg6nf-1227296158048

Who made the reservation for dinner? And when?

I'm wondering that too. If Stephanie made the reservation that morning after they spoke, then it's not something she would forget (big time alarm bells).

Let me get this straight:
- The dinner was to be in Leeton.
- Stephanie was in Leeton.
- The fiance was 3 1/2 hours away but heading to Leeton for dinner.

For some reason I've been thinking that Stephanie was doing the long drive, and had broken down somewhere... but if she was just hanging around the Leeton area then this is very strange.

Maybe Aaron also had his buck’s party or a get-together on Easter Saturday - it was a week before the wedding. It may be why he crashed at his parents’ place, if he met up with all of his old mates and men from his family for a few celebratory drinks.

It could also be why he did not immediately notice that Stephanie had not come home on Sunday night, after he had tried to call her a few times, if he had a bit of a heavy head and fell into a deep sleep.

I wonder why they planned for a late-ish dinner at 8pm, if he was home in Leeton by the afternoon, and Stephanie had no known plans that afternoon. But perhaps the restaurant was fully booked before then, being Easter Sunday.

The couple texted each other back and forth at about 10am on Sunday …

After travelling back home Mr Leeson-Woolley didn’t see his fiancee all afternoon before she failed to show up for the dinner, booked for 8pm. “He tried her phone a few times as well.’’

By Monday morning when he still hadn’t heard from her, Mr Leeson-Woolley contacted Stephanie’s mother and sisters … then reported her missing to Leeton police.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...fore-her-wedding/story-fni0cx12-1227294340843

Hope she is found alive. I must say my hinky meter re fiance is not going off in this case. I saw him on the news and he came across as honestly distraught. Is it quite possible she was involved in a single car accident, as in, the conditions make it likely in that region?

I'm with you. My spidey sense isn't tingling at all. I could be totally wrong but whatever has happened, I'm not feeling that it is her fiancée.

Some questions

Did she leave the school voluntarily? Was the school locked up when they went to look for her - were the keys the colleague gave her still at the school?
If she voluntarily left the school she would have dropped off the keys or left them someplace that had been agreed upon and made it to her car with handbag and phone. If the phone had a low battery at 12 pm attempted contact by fiance it would seem she would be using the school email to confirm the bus payment at 1 pm.

Being Easter Sunday would there have been shops open if she needed to shop or confirm final wedding arrangements? Did she make it home ( according to her FB in Leeton?) and go out again?

If her fiance called/text at 10 am did he leave his parents place then as (3 1/2 hours ?) away would make it back to Leeton at 1.30 pm.

How close does she live to the school and is it school holidays in NSW at the moment? Her mother said Stephanie did not have any plans for Sunday - but she did - she planned to have dinner at a restaurant with fiance. Did she make other plans or discuss with fiance when he would return? Did the fiance have the "bucks night" whilst away in his home town. Was she upset about something?

Where the hell is the bright red car and why wait so long before calling parents/friends to find out where your loved one is after missing a planned dinner?

She was not reported missing to police until Monday afternoon and police issued alerts on Tuesday, from what I gather? I don't think police should be blamed, since they waited less time than fiancee did. Jmo

For some reason I've been thinking that Stephanie was doing the long drive, and had broken down somewhere... but if she was just hanging around the Leeton area then this is very strange.

RSBM Me too Angeline. I thought she'd driven from Griffith to Leeton that day but it was on the Saturday and I was looking at google maps trying to see the route she may have taken and a place where she may have rolled the car into a paddock or ravine. :thinking:

Stephanie reminds me of Jill Meagher a little.

Did Stephanie lock the school alone or did she leave with her colleague.

Wondering if Fiance called anyone st all looking for her before dinner date? Very strange that he wouldnt check on her welfare before the next day? Especially if everyone continues to say that she was predictable and organised. Why would Aaron think that Stephanie would go see friends or family and not let him know she wouldnt be home. I know my husband would call everyone I knew to see where I was....IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3