Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police found the Mazda Thursday morning (1 WSer said locals said it was NOT there Wednesday)

WAS VS ARRESTED BEFORE THURSDAY who put it there if he was in custody?

Yes, he was taken into custody at 7.30pm on wednesday

I also wonder if the police mentioning the burnt body photo ( makes me ill typing that :( ) will jog people's memories in the geographical area as to any smoke or fires that had been observed over the relevant days.

Neighbours said VS cleaned the yard of No. 77 he could have burnt the debris as kindling. (Sorry).
Would the older part of the school still have a disused incinerator?

The way I am picturing it is, is that he would have set her alight in the forest. That'd be an isolated enough place for that to go unnoticed. Incinerators are illegal throughout Australia now; i doubt there would be any left that a member of the public could just readily access.
And then i imagine he'd have dumped the can of gasoline on the way back from the forest.

An aware citizenry is a very valuable investigative resource to assist LE and insure justice for missing/murdered victims and their families when utilized...

Stephanie Scott's body found in NSW national park
https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/270...ed-police-to-stephanie-scotts-accused-killer/

<snipped & BBM for focus>

Paul Halls, who was working in the shed opposite the canal on Sunday told Fairfax Media that he saw a man pull up and head on foot to the nearby canal.

Mr Halls said the man was carrying something that looked like a laptop when he arrived, but returned to his vehicle empty handed.

"I thought it was a bit odd," Mr Halls said of the incident which took place on Griffith Road, a few kilometres out of town.

It was only when Mr Halls later heard police appealing for information about Ms Scott that he realised the possible significance of what he had seen and contacted police.

“My first reaction was 'Oh geez, I should given them a ring a couple of days ago', but you can't tell until you hear about them asking for information,” he told Fairfax Media.

Now that the body has been found, I wonder whether VS is still not cooperating with police? ..... Especially now that it seems the rest of his family is.

So sad to read the latest news.

RIP Stephanie

I saw other UK posters on this thread and wondered if this reminded them of the Joanna Yates murder. I hope it doesn't end up the same way with the killer refusing to give any meaningful reason for the murder. In that case he was a Dutch man living in England with no criminal history who as far as we know killed her for rebuffing his sexual intentions. He dumped her body is a wooded area too.

Interesting that the twin brother is helping police too. I wonder in what way? If he's in Adelaide, you'd think he wouldn't have that much recent, local knowledge of the goings on in Leeton, let alone the events associated with Stephanie?? Maybe there IS some kind of history there with VS, of which information from the twin is of some interest or relevance??.......

I took that to mean the non-twin brother, the one who lived with VS and his mother. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that the twins were estranged from each other

Interesting that the twin brother is helping police too. I wonder in what way? If he's in Adelaide, you'd think he wouldn't have that much recent, local knowledge of the goings on in Leeton, let alone the events associated with Stephanie?? Maybe there IS some kind of history there with VS, of which information from the twin is of some interest or relevance??.......
I don't think it's the twin helping, but the older brother who lives there with their mother.

The report didn't say it was the twin brother. There is another brother living at the house in Maiden Avenue in Leeton.

I'm so relieved that Stephanie has been found and before her wedding day today. I think it would have been even more difficult for everyone at the get-together today if she hadn't been found. As difficult and horrific as this is, they can now bring her home and envelop her with their love. She's no longer lying out there in the bush waiting to be found. Her family and loved ones can bury her with the dignity she deserves.

Well done to all of the police involved in this case. I hate to think of the horrors they've uncovered over the last few days and I hope they all get a well deserved hug from their loved ones also.

Rest In Peace Stephanie. :rose:

Now that the body has been found, I wonder whether VS is still not cooperating with police? ..... Especially now that it seems the rest of his family is.

I'd prefer the police worry about the forensics rather than worrying about whether VS will cooperate or not.

As it stands, under Australian law no-one will be forced to be a witness against themselves.

Putting aside the case and just speaking about law, there is absolutely no benefit for anyone to ever cooperate with police questioning.

Such terrible news...my heart goes out to her fiancé, family, friends and the people involved in nailing this piece of scum.

Fly high Stephanie and may you RIP [emoji26] [emoji257]

I'd prefer the police worry about the forensics rather than worrying about whether VS will cooperate or not.

As it stands, under Australian law no-one will be forced to be a witness against themselves.

Putting aside the case and just speaking about law, there is absolutely no benefit for anyone to ever cooperate with police questioning.

No benefit to himself perhaps, but giving answers to the people he has destroyed will certainly benefit many.

The Sydney Morning Herald did mention the name MS (twin) as being the one assisting police. I don't know that I've seen any mention of any other brother on MSM. I know there was another male present at the family home with VS's mother - I thought that could have been friend or partner of hers. So horrible for them all.

We can all imagine what a beautiful bride she would have been.

The Sydney Morning Herald did mention the name MS (twin) as being the one assisting police. I don't know that I've seen any mention of any other brother on MSM. I know there was another male present at the family home with VS's mother - I thought that could have been friend or partner of hers. So horrible for them all.

After moving to Leeton, Vincent and his older brother tried for months to secure work.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-scott-in-leeton/story-fni0cx4q-1227296902471

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member