Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the can of gasoline be premedidation? Either that or he had it lying around or stopped to buy it. Would many places have been open that day? I suppose he could have just pulled into a petrol station.

Edit: Also the photos. Why would a panicked person do that?

The courts don't take too kindly to premedidation, nor refusal to assist police. Lock him up forever.

I'm sorry, but this is on you. Nothing has changed. These cases are big news and are shocking because they are so exceedingly rare. They didn't just start happening recently; they've always happened. You're not in more danger than you used to be; you have lived your entire life at this level of "threat". You need to make a choice for yourself: am I going to let fear control and dictate my actions for no good reason, or am I going to look at these unfortunate events in context and see they are so vanishingly rare that the odds against them happening to me are vast.

You probably hop in a car regularly without any fear or trepidation, even though your risk of death or serious injury massively increases. The odds of dying in a car accident vs being murdered in your home while your boyfriend is away are phenomenally higher. In fact, I think your odds of being murdered in your home by your boyfriend far exceed and risk you'd be taking by staying in the house yourself (nothing against your boyfriend. I'm sure he's a lovely, gentle soul who'd never hurt you, but statistically speaking you're more likely to be murdered by someone you know than a stranger, and more than one woman a week dies in a domestic violence incident - in the first 7 weeks of 2015, it was two a week but I don't know if that trend has continued).

Please don't let publicity for these horrible crimes make you think you need to be afraid. They are big news because they are so rare. If they happened every week, well... The media world ignore them they way they have ignored Kerry Michael, 44, bashed to death by her husband while hiking in Tasmania earlier this year. The only reason we know the name Alison Baden Clay is because her husband tried to cover his tracks by making out that it was a stranger abduction slash murder, and not just a boring old everyday domestic incident. No one cares about those because they happen every week, sometimes twice.

VS took Steph Scott's life. Let's make that the last thing he ever takes from a woman. Do NOT let him take your confidence. Women are not helpless creatures who need to be chaperoned at all times.

-- Walk A Mile, female, alone in the house for the next 48 hours and unafraid. :)

Absolutely right. Too much Crime TV and Crime websites can make you think that the world you live in is a terrible, dangerous place. We are lucky that Australia is amazingly safe. Take sensible precautions, use common sense, and the chances of being the victim of a serious crime are absolutely tiny.

Unless you have links to organised crime, you are FAR more likely to be killed accidentally than deliberately. If you have links to organised crime, you deserve what you get.

Could the can of gasoline be premedidation? Either that or he had it lying around or stopped to buy it. Would many places have been open that day? I suppose he could have just pulled into a petrol station.

Edit: Also the photos. Why would a panicked person do that?

A can of gasoline isn't a suspicious thing to have around the house if you own a lawn mower.

I'm sorry, but this is on you. Nothing has changed. These cases are big news and are shocking because they are so exceedingly rare. They didn't just start happening recently; they've always happened. You're not in more danger than you used to be; you have lived your entire life at this level of "threat". You need to make a choice for yourself: am I going to let fear control and dictate my actions for no good reason, or am I going to look at these unfortunate events in context and see they are so vanishingly rare that the odds against them happening to me are vast.

You probably hop in a car regularly without any fear or trepidation, even though your risk of death or serious injury massively increases. The odds of dying in a car accident vs being murdered in your home while your boyfriend is away are phenomenally higher. In fact, I think your odds of being murdered in your home by your boyfriend far exceed any risk you'd be taking by staying in the house yourself (nothing against your boyfriend. I'm sure he's a lovely, gentle soul who'd never hurt you, but statistically speaking you're more likely to be murdered by someone you know than a stranger, and more than one woman a week dies in a domestic violence incident - in the first 7 weeks of 2015, it was two a week but I don't know if that trend has continued).

Please don't let publicity for these horrible crimes make you think you need to be afraid. They are big news because they are so rare. If they happened every week, well... The media would ignore them they way they have ignored Kerry Michael, 44, bashed to death by her husband while hiking in Tasmania earlier this year. The only reason we know the name Alison Baden Clay is because her husband tried to cover his tracks by making out that it was a stranger abduction slash murder, and not just a boring old everyday domestic incident. No one cares about those because they happen every week, sometimes twice.

VS took Steph Scott's life. Let's make that the last thing he ever takes from a woman. Do NOT let him take your confidence. Women are not helpless creatures who need to be chaperoned at all times.

-- Walk A Mile, female, alone in the house for the next 48 hours and unafraid. :)

Oh I completely understand that! Unfortunately there are people who prey on vulnerable women. I have been alone and fine for four weeks (go me!) but reading this has frightened me and made ne think of all the idiots out there. I personally am not afraid to run on my own - I told my sister that that is silly, but just the fact that the thought crosses our minds is devastating. We shouldn't have to live with that fear.

My fiancé is always telling me I'm silly!

Just heard on news that Stephanie was already deceased when she was taken to the park. Press conference still coming up at 9.30. What a surreal and sad day today must be for her fiance and family and friends. ... you couldn't help reflecting on what else you thought you'd be doing today hour by hour, were she still alive :(

So the town rumours of finding a body were probably true. Such a sad day for the family - should have been their happiest day [emoji17]

In the mouth of madness...

Poor Aaron will never again be able to touch her, hold her. He probably reaches out instinctively to do it, but now she's a victim, burned remains in a national park, and he has to think of that every time he realises she's not there. It must be unbearable to think that he couldn't protect her.

Why do the most beautiful people have to spend the last moments of their lives with such despicable monsters? She should have died an old lady, surrounded by family.

I don't think it was pre-planned as it was so sloppy, and the motivation would have almost certainly been sexual (although it could be that she caught him up to no good in the School). In some ways, "the why" doesn't really matter, so long as he gets convicted and locked away for a very long time.

The why matters to the family.

Unfortunately we are verboten from discussing family dynamics here that we may have picked up from social media. Some has been mentioned in MSM, and I don't know that it is OK to discuss that either as the family are victims also. You know the drill Troopster. The lines get blurry at times.
Paraphrasing, two boys and the mother arrived 13 months ago, the mother being under pressure from them to return to Australia, do an English course, and return to Nursing. The twin went to Adelaide and did not come with them.
Significant to me is that V is skilled in cleaning up after dental procedures. That could make him a very tidy criminal, despite the report of blood in his car.

To my knowledge the suspect lived with his mother and older brother. They came back to Australia 13 months ago.
The twin came back in 2013 and was estranged from the rest of the family.

Since I've only been reading this thread and links from this thread, I sure that info came from WS and shouldn't be against any rules. I'm just trying to clear up erroneous rumors.

Please note my heading states I am in the USA. Australian laws are foreign to me but I will try to keep to site guidelines. Perhaps we can debate privacy issues in another thread. Nobody has any expectation of privacy in the US anymore. How you guys manage to keep yours is amazing.

I'm sorry to hear that her body has been found, I haven't read up to that point yet.

I was still reserving judgement on both her death and VS involvement. But now of course the body has been found. And this is due to information provided by VS's family. There seems to be no chance he wasn't involved.

And like a homing pigeon , he burned her body where he and his family went camping.. ... somewhere familiar to him, somewhere known, someplace he felt comfortable at. A place he knew he could drive to , in the dark, probably, being very careful of his speed over the Easter break. You never know who's out there with the speed radar.

Press conference: his mobile phone was NOT involved in the discovery of her body!

Presser right now ...

Remains believed to be Stephanie.
Processed crime scene last night.
Significant info has come to them, vehicle sightings, as well as some other forms of police methodolgy.
Site is about 7km from Leeton.
Search commenced there yesterday, area was prioritised at that time.
Foot search was not required, police on motorbikes found the location.
Confirms that there was burning of the body, it was about 5 metres from the road.
Members of [his] family have helped. As well as members of public.
Remains will be transported to Glebe today, forensics will be done as soon as possible.
Stephanie's family were the first people police spoke with yesterday.
Nothing that we can do to make things better, I have been totally honest with family.
Support from Leeton community has been fantastic, cooked for police, provided meals to police and searchers, thanks them very much.

ETA: Site is 70 km from Leeton, as per correction a few posts below.

Press conference: his mobile phone was NOT involved in the discovery of her body!

I think that may have been among the 'other forms of methodology' that they did not want to go into. Did he say specifically that it was not involved? I didn't hear that. Did I miss it?

Presser right now ...

Remains believed to be Stephanie.
Processed crime scene last night.
Significant info has come to them, vehicle sightings, as well as some other forms of police methodolgy.
Site is about 7km from Leeton.
Search commenced there yesterday, area was prioritised at that time.
Foot search was not required, police on motorbikes found the location.
Confirms that there was burning of the body, it was about 5 metres from the road.
Members of [his] family have helped. As well as members of public.
Remains will be transported to Glebe today, forensics will be done as soon as possible.
Stephanie's family were the first people police spoke with yesterday.
Nothing that we can do to make things better, I have been totally honest with family.
Support from Leeton community has been fantastic, cooked for police, provided meals to police and searchers, thanks them very much.

I think the site is about 70km from Leeton SA (not 7km).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne