Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the population grows there will be more violent incidents like this.

If it was up to me I would not only shut off all immigration into Australia, i would also institute a 1 child policy.

Population growth is a horrible thing with literally no positive upside.

A few ABS statistics on Homicide for those suggesting there is a murder epidemic in Australia. Notable that 2 in 3 are in a domestic setting and 2 in 3 victims are male. Overall, the murder rate has been dropping year on year.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4510.0main+features82013

Not to take away anything from how repulsive it is when crimes like the murder of Stephanie Scott occur, we can be thankful that they are uncommon -- which is why they are such big news.

metapraxis02 go tell NT NEWS they're wrong. We just report MSM. Random.

Violence against women is at epidemic proportions in Australia
MARIA BILLIAS NT NEWS APRIL 11, 2015 10:01AM

30 women have been killed in 2015 so far. Picture: Thinkstock
VIOLENCE against women is at epidemic proportions in this country and to pretend *anything else is a national *disgrace.

So far this year 30 women have been killed by either someone they knew, perhaps had met once or by a random stranger who simply waited for an opportune moment.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/opini...ons-in-australia/story-fnk0b216-1227299565336

I think if you read back you will see that Fuskier asked what is with too many of our women being murdered - let’s face it, one is too many.
And Amee pointed out that violence against women is considered epidemic - by many organisations, including White Ribbon.
I didn't read that anyone thought there was a murder epidemic in Australia.

vn17o7.png

These stats are from 2012. They are published every 4 years.

http://www.ourwatch.org.au/MediaLibraries/OurWatch/Images/01-rates-of-violence-key-statistics.pdf
http://www.ourwatch.org.au/Understanding-Violence/Facts-and-figures

Sure, domestic violence is absolutely reprehensible - you will see no argument from me. But I'm not sure what it has to do with a case like this? My response was really down to several posts with women implying that they were scared or that women are being killed on a regular basis. The statistics simply do not bear this out. There also doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between the murder rate (empirical) and the domestic violence rate (self reported).

It would be interesting to see the domestic violence rates by socio-economic group and also as a "in the last 12 months" figure. The "since age 15" statistic is very difficult to correlate with other statistics as one has to guess the median age of the respondents in order to try and track that back to an annual figure. It also isn't clear in what age bands the violence is most prominent (e.g. does violence increase or drop with age?).

If I had to guess, I'd suspect that alcohol and drug use would have a strong correlation with domestic violence. Australia has abnormally high alcohol and amphetamine consumption.

I'm not finding any new info about Stanford in Dutch media, just rehashed old news from Aus media. That could be because I know about two words of Dutch, but also could be because even if they have info about past crimes in the Netherlands, I don't know if they'd mention them. The Netherlands seems a bit like Germany with privacy; often not using full names or blurring images, even after someone's been convicted of a crime.

I don't live there though - that's just the impression I get from frequent visits.

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/buitenland/bruid-vermist-australie-nederlandse-schoonmaker-opgepakt

Thanks, that's just what I was wondering about. Still, I think it's just a matter of time before the Daily Mail gets the scoop on VS in Holland.

Women have always suffered from domestic violence. It's just become acceptable to discuss it and try and do something about it. In the old days a husband was legally allowed to rape his wife, it wasn't a crime. (Doctrine of unito Caro, one flesh) I think the high stats are a good thing because it means women are reporting it, speaking up, and police are accurately describing these crimes now when once they turned a blind eye.

The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging it. It wa impossible to fix when for a very long time either the letter or the spirit of the law at any given time didn't even acknowledge what was happening.

metapraxis02 go tell NT NEWS they're wrong. We just report MSM.

Violence against women is at epidemic proportions in Australia
MARIA BILLIAS NT NEWS APRIL 11, 2015 10:01AM

30 women have been killed in 2015 so far. Picture: Thinkstock
VIOLENCE against women is at epidemic proportions in this country and to pretend *anything else is a national *disgrace.

So far this year 30 women have been killed by either someone they knew, perhaps had met once or by a random stranger who simply waited for an opportune moment.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/opini...ons-in-australia/story-fnk0b216-1227299565336

In the sense that they are implying *deaths* as being at epidemic levels, yes, they are demonstrably wrong. I trust the ABS above the NT News.

Sure, domestic violence is absolutely reprehensible - you will see no argument from me. But I'm not sure what it has to do with a case like this?

It has to do with the entitlement that some men feel to women's bodies and women's lives - whether those men are known or strangers to the women whose lives they take. We still have a long way to go in terms of equality for women in this country.

Sure, domestic violence is absolutely reprehensible - you will see no argument from me. But I'm not sure what it has to do with a case like this? My response was really down to several posts with women implying that they were scared or that women are being killed on a regular basis. The statistics simply do not bear this out. There also doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between the murder rate (empirical) and the domestic violence rate (self reported).

It would be interesting to see the domestic violence rates by socio-economic group and also as a "in the last 12 months" figure. The "since age 15" statistic is very difficult to correlate with other statistics as one has to guess the median age of the respondents in order to try and track that back to an annual figure. It also isn't clear in what age bands the violence is most prominent (e.g. does violence increase or drop with age?).

If I had to guess, I'd suspect that alcohol and drug use would have a strong correlation with domestic violence. Australia has abnormally high alcohol and amphetamine consumption.

I do get what you are saying, and I agree that meth and alcohol are contributing factors in many cases of violence.

You may need to just excuse us with the talk about general/overall violence toward women … sometimes we go off on a related tangent.

How much would a vehicle like the one owned by the suspect cost?

It's just what media's said so far isn't really adding up to me. It gives the impression Stanford and his family must have left the Netherlands in a hurry without funds, if reports of him just having a bag and a mattress and neighbours helping out with food are true. I don't see how he could afford a car if he was so poverty-stricken. And why did he struggle 'for months' to find just a part-time job?

There are also reports Stanford begged his mother to return to Australia - he's 24. Why couldn't he just return on his own if he wanted to?

I can't help feeling things might have gone wrong for (or with) him in the Netherlands, myself.

It has to do with the entitlement that some men feel to women's bodies and women's lives - whether those men are known or strangers to the women whose lives they take. We still have a long way to go in terms of equality for women in this country.

I don't disagree. But women really don't need to be afraid of being picked off at random (or pseudo-random as this case appears to be).

On ABC news tonight it was stated that police do not yet know where Stephanie was murdered. It was not at the school.

This has always been my suspicions. I think she innocently gave him a lift somewhere and she wasn't ambushed at the school.

Hi All,

I have tried twice in the past to register and it kept rejecting my email!? So I've been a long time observer but with this case I decided to try again (success).
Like you I feel nothing but utter grief at this horrifically unjust waste of a life.
My thoughts, if I may -
VS WALKED to the school, IMO because he was up to no good (stealing, doing something dodgy.. Don't know). He wouldn't have expected teachers would be likely to be in attendance on Easter Sunday, this is why he had no problems shifting his vehicle and Stephanies - I think it was only her car there to begin with. Media has reported his home is a 5 minute walk from the school.
So, weather Stephanie caught him in the act and he either attacked her at the school and the horrible events transpired from there OR, she didn't catch him but he asked for a lift home, since he had walked that day - she obliged and ultimately it cost her life.
Maybe I am way off the mark but these are my thoughts.
Regardless of exactly how, when, why - all so wrong and so unfair and I feel for all of her family and also that of VS. I hope he see's her face every single day and night.

I hate to speculate (without the slightest scrap of evidence), because it could be totally off the mark. But I think that you might be right about him getting a lift and then forcing/coercing her to take him 'somewhere' where she was killed. Whether that was where the car was found or elsewhere........?? It kind of makes sense about the car appearing after a few days and being left in plain sight. So perhaps she was taken to the place where her body was found. Was the ipad found in a similar location to where the car was found? I thought that was the case. If so, that confuses me.

From the poem sister Kim wrote for Stephanie & Aaron's wedding day.

Stephanie's father was also a teacher?

Liking a teachers daughter,
Was no small thing.
But playing soccer with her dad,
You've got to be kidding?

mm not sure whose kids?

Time for dinner,
And Aaron played it cool.
Making several trips to the bathroom,
Dropping the kids off at the pool...

It's just what media's said so far isn't really adding up to me. It gives the impression Stanford and his family must have left the Netherlands in a hurry without funds, if reports of him just having a bag and a mattress and neighbours helping out with food are true. I don't see how he could afford a car if he was so poverty-stricken. And why did he struggle 'for months' to find just a part-time job?

There are also reports Stanford begged his mother to return to Australia - he's 24. Why couldn't he just return on his own if he wanted to?

I can't help feeling things might have gone wrong for (or with) him in the Netherlands, myself.

My Husband had a slightly newer but still very similar model ute to the one police released a picture of, which he recently sold for $1000 if thats any help to you. It might not have been that cheap but I really doubt he would have been looking at any more than $2000 to buy it.

I really hope she wasn't murdered at the school for the sake of the school community. It would otherwise be even more awful than it already is, if that is possible.

My Husband had a slightly newer but still very similar model ute to the one police released a picture of, which he recently sold for $1000 if thats any help to you. It might not have been that cheap but I really doubt he would have been looking at any more than $2000 to buy it.

Agree. That ute looked neither new nor in good condition.

I really hope she wasn't murdered at the school for the sake of the school community. It would otherwise be even more awful than it already is, if that is possible.

I have been thinking the same. And I have wondered if they will even say where they think Stephanie was murdered, until they have to in court, if it was the school. By the time they have to disclose it, the school community will have settled back down and it may be a little easier to digest, if that is the case.

Good point about the leaving Netherlands thing. At that age, yes, in theory he could have just up and left on his own. (Bit like the twin brother perhaps?). As for the few months to find a job in Oz - I do kind of understand that. Firstly, it's Leeton, a small country town. SEcondly, he's probably not qualified for that many different things. And thirdly, these days being out of work for a few months before you find a job is not htat unusual.

I have the impression that it IS his profile on that LInkedIn account. Dont know that there'd be too many Vincent STanfords in the Netherlands... I also believe he was a co-founder in this gaming business - with you-know-who... That was in Rotterdam. Maybe it's a lot easier to set up a gaming business over there then here and it was a while back, 2010 wasn't it? Perhaps the business didnt go too well, so that's why he turned to cleaning the dentistry business??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne