Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hurry up with the story about the red mazda already - I bet the daily mail have it before any of our local media

Am I getting this right ... you suspect that Stephanie's fiancée met a new immigrant cleaner at her school and organised for him to murder her a week before their wedding? Why??

Police say you can't lodge a missing persons report until 24 hours after the person was last seen.

I haven't spoken to my husband since 9.30pm yesterday. He left for work at 6am and I was still asleep, I tried to call him at about 9am when the kids woke up (school holidays yeah!) but it went straight to message bank. I know he is working about 150km away in a comms room (no service) so I sent him a text saying hi. I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm not planning anything terrible except maybe a tongue lashing because he didn't fix the towel rail like he promised! ;) It's normal for some people not to have 24/7 contact with their partner.

Thanks Fruity, you are right one becomes a bit paranoid after following stories on the news and WS inclusive.
I've become so paranoid I don't trust anyone until there is full evidence like DNA match-up etc. :scared:

I wonder if the work colleague told police the cleaner was at the school. If so they likely have been looking at him from the start. Maybe he waited until the other person left.

Oh hurry up with the story about the red mazda already - I bet the daily mail have it before any of our local media

I'm so curious as to the story behind how it got from the school to where it is now... The morning show said it is 50km from where she was last seen.

Police say you can't lodge a missing persons report until 24 hours after the person was last seen.

That's not actually true.

Myth: You need to wait 24 hours before reporting a person missing.
Fact: You do not have to wait 24 hours to report someone as missing. If you have serious concerns for the safety and welfare of a person, and their whereabouts are unknown, then you may immediately report them missing to your local police. Police will take a report where there are concerns for safety and welfare and their whereabouts are unknown.

From the Liverpool LAC page @ https://m2.facebook.com/LiverpoolLA...717864696577/529411813827178/?type=1&__tn__=C

(for those out of area, Liverpool LAC means Liverpool Local Area Command; Liverpool is in NSW, as is Leeton, and policing in NSW is a state-run affair)

Am I getting this right ... you suspect that Stephanie's fiancée met a new immigrant cleaner at her school and organised for him to murder her a week before their wedding? Why??

I haven't spoken to my husband since 9.30pm yesterday. He left for work at 6am and I was still asleep, I tried to call him at about 9am when the kids woke up (school holidays yeah!) but it went straight to message bank. I know he is working about 150km away in a comms room (no service) so I sent him a text saying hi. I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm not planning anything terrible except maybe a tongue lashing because he didn't fix the towel rail like he promised! ;) It's normal for some people not to have 24/7 contact with their partner.

AFP

You do not have to wait 24 hours to report someone as missing.

If you have serious concerns for the safety and welfare of a person, and their whereabouts are unknown, then you may immediately report them missing to your local police. Police will take a report where there are concerns for safety and welfare and their whereabouts are unknown.

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/about-us/faqs

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/services-and-events/make-a-report-to-the-police/report-missing-persons

Thanks revampz. I feel really bad that I posted it. I should know better by now! I'm just so bloody angry that yet another beautiful young woman has lost her life at the hands of some sick b*****d!

Don't feel bad, it's not your fault that the media insinuated it. I had seen it everywhere before it was posted here.

I read the other day here that back in the days of more reputable journalism, they had deadlines. Anything super important was listed as breaking news and only as a scroll by or banner. This meant they had time to check their facts, not race to be the first to break news online.

Whoever said that, I hope I pressed thanks. I was pretty tired but it stuck with me. It is so true.

I read a story yesterday and the journalist needs serious therapy. It was disgusting - borderline promotion of eating disorders (she has advocated for anorexia in the past). I was furious.

impgxw.png

Isn't it past 10:45 in NSW already? I am presuming that is the time that they are referring to, and not some other 1045.

I wonder if she will be inside when they get to it :(

And how did he move it nearly to Griffith, if his white dual cab is thought to be involved? Was there another person helping??

Just want to clarify that it is not true police won't take a missing person's report until after 24 hrs. If you report someone missing they have to take the report. As to the police response to that report, it depends on the circumstances. For a young child for example they will likely start looking immediately. For a capable adult, they may wait a bit. I was talking about this to a relative who is a police officer at a family BBQ on the weekend. He said in Qld, the missing persons unit gets warrants for phone records and bank accounts and liaises with the local police.

Thanks Fruity, you are right one becomes a bit paranoid after following stories on the news and WS inclusive.
I've become so paranoid I don't trust anyone until there is full evidence like DNA match-up etc. :scared:

I totally understand *hug*

I wonder if the work colleague told police the cleaner was at the school. If so they likely have been looking at him from the start. Maybe he waited until the other person left.
I think he saw her car at the school and recognised it, then waited until he had his chance to pounce. He probably let himself in, stalked her in the school and then ambushed her MOO.

Nine News Sydney‏@9NewsSyd·8 mins8 minutes ago
UPDATE: Police have located the car of Stephanie Scott off Griffth Rd leading out of Leeton. #9News

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members