Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this is what I've woken up to. I really thought it was just cold feet when I first came across it. How could he do this?

I can't believe this is what I've woken up to. I really thought it was just cold feet when I first came across it. How could he do this?

Due to the timing, it sounds as if there could have been a one-sided deep infatuation. All the pics and vids show Stephanie as bright and bubbly, an attractive and happy personality. Perhaps a beautiful stand-out in the small school and town community.

I just hope that he leads police to Stephanie ..... I have a horrible feeling it could be to one of those channels, with her car.

If Stephanie arrived at school at 11am, I wonder if the cleaner happened to be driving past and recognised her car. Leeton is a small town.

I maintain that there was absolutely NO reason for him to be at the school on Easter Sunday.

South Aussie, I too think that is where she could be. :(

I don't think anyone saw this coming. Her family thought she'd run her car off the road. I'm so sad for them.

I wonder when it was that police first began to think murder. Did they find evidence of assault/murder at the school? Did they find out the cleaner was there when he shouldn't have been? That guy better talk and not put Stephanie and her family through any more pain.

It seems we're all thinking he put her in the same spot. Hopefully police will find her quickly :(

Schools in Australia are not open on public holidays, even though teachers might be there.

Cleaners here work either right after the afternoon bell or they clean early in the morning. There is NO WAY a cleaning company would pay for their workers to get penalty rates on Easter Sunday. They give their cleaners something like 9 minutes to mop, vacuum, dust and clean each room because they're so tight. Yes teachers do thousands of extra hours, but cleaners do not. And teachers have their own keys. BTW the Principal is the one who responds to alarms.

I would be interested to know which company he worked for.

That is very different to where I work then. Our cleaners double up as lunchtime supervisors, one is also the caretaker so has the keys and can access the site as and when needed. Another cleaner is the emergency contact if the alarm goes off, as lives nearby. That is a primary school though. In secondary schools where I have worked, cleaners were employed from a company outside of the school, however, there were a couple of caretakers who were onsite during weekends to do checks and basic cleaning if there had been events/visits on.

That is very different to where I work then. Our cleaners double up as lunchtime supervisors, one is also the caretaker so has the keys and can access the site as and when needed. Another cleaner is the emergency contact if the alarm goes off, as lives nearby. That is a primary school though. In secondary schools where I have worked, cleaners were employed from a company outside of the school, however, there were a couple of caretakers who were onsite during weekends to do checks and basic cleaning if there had been events/visits on.
Very different. The system in the UK (just going by your location) is incredibly different to ours, you can't compare them at all.

My point is that there was absolutely no reason for him to be there on Easter Sunday. No reason at all. Our schools just don't work like that.

Also remember, we are on autumn break. When school finished last Thursday it was the start of 2 weeks holidays. Even more reason for him not to be there on a Sunday (cleaners will go in during the holidays to polish floors, which they can't do in term time, but it is NEVER on a weekend).

From the link above:

Police began to home in on Mr Stanford on Wednesday after allegedly finding holes in his alibi. When they questioned him they allegedly found a number of items linked to Ms Scott's death.

I want to fix that dodgy journalist's grammar. It's HONE in. Gah.

My stomach is churning reading that last update :sick: I just hope it was quick :'(

There are no words for this depraved individual who has shattered so many lives.

I hate to even say this but I'm wondering if he will be charged with rape as well as murder? :(

Schools in Australia are not open on public holidays, even though teachers might be there.

Cleaners here work either right after the afternoon bell or they clean early in the morning. There is NO WAY a cleaning company would pay for their workers to get penalty rates on Easter Sunday. They give their cleaners something like 9 minutes to mop, vacuum, dust and clean each room because they're so tight. Yes teachers do thousands of extra hours, but cleaners do not. And teachers have their own keys. BTW the Principal is the one who responds to alarms.

I would be interested to know which company he worked for.

He could have the contract to clean the School. Contractors can work whenever they choose to outside of School operating hours. I can quite easily understand why he would be there cleaning on a Sunday. If the School was closed for the 4 days over Easter, he could have chosen anytime over the weekend to get the cleaning done.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/stephanie-scott-disappearance-police-arrest-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

Vincent Stanford was arrested last night at a home in Maiden Ave, Leeton, in the NSW Riverina, 550km west of Sydney.

The 24-year-old, who works at the same school as Ms Scott, is yet to be charged and remains in custody at Leeton Police Station. The family moved to Australia from the Netherlands within the past four years.

Do cleaners need a criminal history check and working with children check if they are cleaning schools? Do they check international criminal history? I wonder if he had a prior history that was missed?

He could have the contract to clean the School. Contractors can work whenever they choose to outside of School operating hours. I can quite easily understand why he would be there cleaning on a Sunday. If the School was closed for the 4 days over Easter, he could have chosen anytime over the weekend to get the cleaning done.

No, they negotiate hours with the specific school. They have clock in and out books, and the hours are overseen by state supervisors. Unless ALL cleaners were there on Easter Sunday (which the contractors would never pay for) there was no reason for him to be there.

Adding: as I stated earlier the school was NOT closed for the 4 days over Easter. It is autumn break here. Two weeks of holidays means there is NO reason for him to have been there on Easter Sunday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/stephanie-scott-disappearance-police-arrest-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

Vincent Stanford was arrested last night at a home in Maiden Ave, Leeton, in the NSW Riverina, 550km west of Sydney.

The 24-year-old, who works at the same school as Ms Scott, is yet to be charged and remains in custody at Leeton Police Station. The family moved to Australia from the Netherlands within the past four years.

Do cleaners need a criminal history check and working with children check if they are cleaning schools? Do they check international criminal history? I wonder if he had a prior history that was missed?

They have to have a working with children check. Australia's is national, not international.

http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966