Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking with the house possibly being up for sale? He was desperate and as someone said in here could have been stealing from the school and confronted by Stephanie?

GG - The family have only been in Australia for 13 months - and during that time have moved from Canberra (while mum was taking English lessons) to Leeton - so I think this is the longest time in one place that they have lived - completely inference from the info at hand btw. For the family to move to a new residence in the town instead of a new country would hardly phase any of them considering what they had experienced. How would this make him desperate?

So pleased I found you all. Again tragic. Another young woman with her life before her - brutally murdered, her body burned & discarded unceremoniously on a bush track. So sad for her fiance, her family, friends and loved ones. A tragic loss for her students. Bewildered. What is going on that so many women are being killed? :facepalm:

So pleased I found you all. So tragic. Another young woman with her life before her. So sad for his fiance, her family, friends and loved ones. Such a loss for her student. Bewildered. What is going on that so many women are being killed?

I don't think there are an especially large number being killed, beyond the usual domestic violence cases.

I LOVE OUR AUSTRALIAN POLICE FORCE-THEY ARE THE VERY BEST IN THE WORLD

I have mixed emotions of utter sadness and absolute pride.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 34
Violence against women is at epidemic proportions in Australia
April 11, 2015

VIOLENCE against women is at epidemic proportions in this country and to pretend *anything else is a national *disgrace.

So far this year 30 women have been killed by either someone they knew, perhaps had met once or by a random stranger who simply waited for an opportune moment.

Three of these women were killed by other women. The other 27 by men.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/opini...ons-in-australia/story-fnk0b216-1227299565336

So pleased I found you all. Again tragic. Another young woman with her life before her - brutally murdered, her body burned & discarded unceremoniously on a bush track. So sad for her fiance, her family, friends and loved ones. A tragic loss for her students. Bewildered. What is going on that so many women are being killed? :facepalm:

:seeya: I'm glad you found us too Fusky.

Too sad, too young, gone too soon.

:grouphug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug:

Violence against women is at epidemic proportions in Australia
April 11, 2015

VIOLENCE against women is at epidemic proportions in this country and to pretend *anything else is a national *disgrace.

So far this year 30 women have been killed by either someone they knew, perhaps had met once or by a random stranger who simply waited for an opportune moment.

Three of these women were killed by other women. The other 27 by men.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/opini...ons-in-australia/story-fnk0b216-1227299565336

That's a very poor article, with no useful supporting statistics. 30 women killed in a population of 23 million is tiny. I'd be very interested to see the statistics for how many were random stranger, rather than domestic violence. It will be a very low number. It would also be interesting to see the same statistic for men killed by men, women killed by women, and men killed by women.

No one is saying violence against women (or men) is acceptable, but to suggest women being murdered is an epidemic in Australia is utter fear-mongering nonsense.

Based on the stats from the NT article, the chance of a woman being murdered in Australia per year is 0.00039%. That equates to 0.03% per lifetime (assuming 80 year lifespan). Certain demographics will have far higher risk than others, so for the average middle-class woman, the lifetime risk will be *much* lower.

Hi All,

I have tried twice in the past to register and it kept rejecting my email!? So I've been a long time observer but with this case I decided to try again (success).
Like you I feel nothing but utter grief at this horrifically unjust waste of a life.
My thoughts, if I may -
VS WALKED to the school, IMO because he was up to no good (stealing, doing something dodgy.. Don't know). He wouldn't have expected teachers would be likely to be in attendance on Easter Sunday, this is why he had no problems shifting his vehicle and Stephanies - I think it was only her car there to begin with. Media has reported his home is a 5 minute walk from the school.
So, weather Stephanie caught him in the act and he either attacked her at the school and the horrible events transpired from there OR, she didn't catch him but he asked for a lift home, since he had walked that day - she obliged and ultimately it cost her life.
Maybe I am way off the mark but these are my thoughts.
Regardless of exactly how, when, why - all so wrong and so unfair and I feel for all of her family and also that of VS. I hope he see's her face every single day and night.

I'm not finding any new info about Stanford in Dutch media, just rehashed old news from Aus media. That could be because I know about two words of Dutch, but also could be because even if they have info about past crimes in the Netherlands, I don't know if they'd mention them. The Netherlands seems a bit like Germany with privacy; often not using full names or blurring images, even after someone's been convicted of a crime.

I don't live there though - that's just the impression I get from frequent visits.

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/buitenland/bruid-vermist-australie-nederlandse-schoonmaker-opgepakt

Welcome MrsInquisitive and Zwiebel!:cheer::balloons::welcome::gday:

Zwiebel I will never forget the daily transcripts you provided us on the Oscar Pistorious forum. You are a legend and saved me from having to listen to his awful poor me voice.

Hi All,

I have tried twice in the past to register and it kept rejecting my email!? So I've been a long time observer but with this case I decided to try again (success).
Like you I feel nothing but utter grief at this horrifically unjust waste of a life.
My thoughts, if I may -
VS WALKED to the school, IMO because he was up to no good (stealing, doing something dodgy.. Don't know). He wouldn't have expected teachers would be likely to be in attendance on Easter Sunday, this is why he had no problems shifting his vehicle and Stephanies - I think it was only her car there to begin with. Media has reported his home is a 5 minute walk from the school.
So, weather Stephanie caught him in the act and he either attacked her at the school and the horrible events transpired from there OR, she didn't catch him but he asked for a lift home, since he had walked that day - she obliged and ultimately it cost her life.
Maybe I am way off the mark but these are my thoughts.
Regardless of exactly how, when, why - all so wrong and so unfair and I feel for all of her family and also that of VS. I hope he see's her face every single day and night.

Welcome MrsInquisitive

BBM - good thinking that would make sense in regard to the car problem.

I'm not finding any new info about Stanford in Dutch media, just rehashed old news from Aus media. That could be because I know about two words of Dutch, but also could be because even if they have info about past crimes in the Netherlands, I don't know if they'd mention them. The Netherlands seems a bit like Germany with privacy; often not using full names or blurring images, even after someone's been convicted of a crime.

I don't live there though - that's just the impression I get from frequent visits.

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/buitenland/bruid-vermist-australie-nederlandse-schoonmaker-opgepakt

Nice to see you here Z - and thanks for trying.

On ABC news tonight it was stated that police do not yet know where Stephanie was murdered. It was not at the school.

A few ABS statistics on Homicide for those suggesting there is a murder epidemic in Australia. Notable that 2 in 3 are in a domestic setting and 2 in 3 victims are male. Overall, the murder rate has been dropping year on year.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4510.0main+features82013

Not to take away anything from how repulsive it is when crimes like the murder of Stephanie Scott occur, we can be thankful that they are uncommon -- which is why they are such big news.

A few ABS statistics on Homicide for those suggesting there is a murder epidemic in Australia. Notable that 2 in 3 are in a domestic setting and 2 in 3 victims are male. Overall, the murder rate has been dropping year on year.

Not to take away anything from how repulsive it is when crimes like the murder of Stephanie Scott occur, we can be thankful that they are uncommon -- which is why they are such big news.

Uncommon? - Jill Meagher - Masa - Stephanie - etc etc.............one is too many and it doesn't matter what the population is IMO

I think if you read back you will see that Fuskier asked what is with too many of our women being murdered - let’s face it, one is too many.
And Amee pointed out that violence against women is considered epidemic (and by many organisations, including White Ribbon). She also gave the murder stats.
I didn't read that anyone thought there was a murder epidemic in Australia, it is a violence epidemic .. and too many of our women are murdered.

vn17o7.png

These stats are from 2012. They are published every 4 years.

http://www.ourwatch.org.au/MediaLibraries/OurWatch/Images/01-rates-of-violence-key-statistics.pdf
http://www.ourwatch.org.au/Understanding-Violence/Facts-and-figures

I'm taking the back bench with theories for this case because there is something just niggling at me. I can't put my finger on it yet. Guess we will have to wait and see. Such sad photos. They really must be a strong family.

Me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member