Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree. But women really don't need to be afraid of being picked off at random (or pseudo-random as this case appears to be).

It's hard to convey tone on a keyboard, so please take this as it is asked: conversationally, not as a challenge.

Are you a woman?

What a turn out of remarkable people today in Leeton. I have great respect for the way Stephanie's parents and family bore the events of the day. They should immense dignity and courage. As did Aaron. I felt so sorry for him above all. I don't think I could have been out there either, were I in his position. Id also have to be sedated or something. What a horrendous, traumatic set of events he is finding himself in the middle of. You just couldn't imagine that life could change so ludicrously in such a short space of time. I hope he has all the support he needs to get through this.

It is indeed interesting (if these links truly represent VS) he calls himself a Computer Games Professional? What is that? Someone who plays Final Fantasy for a living? I think if you were an 'expert' at developing these games you would be using a different title such as Computer Game Developer or Tester. This is purely an observation but Computer Games Professional sounds a bit like Domestic Engineer for housewife.

I know people can play games for a living (hell youtube is full of them) but they generally don't moonlight as cleaners.

A popular character in the Final Fantasy game series is called "Vincent Valentine".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Valentine

It's probably nothing, but what I find interesting about this character is that he is also characterised as a "loner".

From the poem sister Kim wrote for Stephanie & Aaron's wedding day.

Stephanie's father was also a teacher?

Liking a teachers daughter,
Was no small thing.
But playing soccer with her dad,
You've got to be kidding?

mm not sure whose kids?

Time for dinner,
And Aaron played it cool.
Making several trips to the bathroom,
Dropping the kids off at the pool...

I didn't know this til I moved to Aus, but apparently "dropping the kids off at the pool" is a euphemism for Number Twos (also another euphemism but I don't want to gross anyone out)

:welcome6: to all of our new members

And guests (all 53 of you) please consider registering and joining in

I didn't know this til I moved to Aus, but apparently "dropping the kids off at the pool" is a euphemism for Number Twos (also another euphemism but I don't want to gross anyone out)

So it is! Learn something new every day. How funny! One thing that I have noticed, Stephanie and her sister/mates had/have light, cheerful senses of humour. :)

When i first read that this morning I thought, omg I cant believe she put that in there! haha. Presumably because it rhymes. MIght have been a bit embarrassing for Aaron as the groom but also would have elicited laughter from the wedding guests Im sure :)

In the sense that they are implying *deaths* as being at epidemic levels, yes, they are demonstrably wrong. I trust the ABS above the NT News.

Except ABS is using numbers from 2013 and NTS is using statistic from this year alone.

Still, I think you'll find whenever, wherever, males will make up the large majority of killers. So saying there's an epidemic of men killing women is a bit misleading. They're doing it to everyone.

:welcome6: to all of our new members

And guests (all 53 of you) please consider registering and joining in

I did. I decided I had stalked long enough (years) but finally worked up the guts to start posting. :)

Does that guy really look 24 though? Looks much older to me. JMO

I'm not sure if it means anything, but Vincent was in custody when Stephanie's car was found.

Mr Stanford, 24, a cleaner at the school, was arrested late on Wednesday; police later confirmed images of a burnt body was among the evidence used as the basis of a murder charge laid on Thursday.

Search parties that now included the State Emergency Service and the Volunteer Rescue Association scoured fields after Ms Scott's car was found in a field just west of Leeton on Thursday. Police and volunteers also scoured the classrooms and grounds of the high school as the search became a murder investigation.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/in-the-orange-dust-the-worst-fears-for-stephanie-scott-became-grim-reality-20150411-1mj1ab.html

I find it odd that being in the country only 13 months, "the family had regularly gone camping" at the national park. That sounds like a lot of camping.

Except ABS is using numbers from 2013 and NTS is using statistic from this year alone.

Still, I think you'll find whenever, wherever, males will make up the large majority of killers. So saying there's an epidemic of men killing women is a bit misleading. They're doing it to everyone.

Except that they simply aren't. Look at the stats back close to thirty years and the murder rate has dropped year on year. I'll accept that there is a lot of general violence (particularly domestic), but the murder rate is miniscule, and I'm pretty sure it didn't just go ballistic in 2014 after dropping more-or-less continuously for the previous quarter century, so the 2013 vs 2014 figures is neither here nor there.

And simple maths shows that the murder rate used by the NTS article is still tiny (one can extrapolate the figures out for a whole year -- which is what I did to figure out the annual and lifetime risk numbers).

In Australia, you are at far more risk of dying due to pretty much any other cause than being murdered. This isn't PNG or Iraq or South America. I don't know why people want to kid themselves into thinking it is.

I don't think that photo's him. It says they employ over 1200 cleaners in NSW. Odds are quite a few clean schools. Anyway, that red brick building could be any number of public places.

I have the impression that it IS his profile on that LInkedIn account. Dont know that there'd be too many Vincent STanfords in the Netherlands... I also believe he was a co-founder in this gaming business - with you-know-who... That was in Rotterdam. Maybe it's a lot easier to set up a gaming business over there then here and it was a while back, 2010 wasn't it? Perhaps the business didnt go too well, so that's why he turned to cleaning the dentistry business??

I agree, I think it is his profile. I had a look early and wasn't sure but then I had a little more of a look and your thoughts on co founder appear correct.

I did just do a pipl search for VS and Netherlands, and a result appears for a 24year old on 'Social Entertainment Personal Profile - hi5'. I didn't view the profile, you need to sign up to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne